Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   what facebook thinks of it's users LOL! (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33963481)

nrs421 May 16, 2010 09:18 PM

what facebook thinks of it's users LOL!

http://www.businessinsider.com/well-...roblems-2010-5

Quote:

According to SAI sources, the following exchange is between a 19-year-old Mark Zuckerberg and a friend shortly after Mark launched The Facebook in his dorm room:
Quote:

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb ****s.

Pepsin May 17, 2010 02:11 AM

I find it ironic that people go to a website on the Internet and type in all their personal information, then somehow expects it to be private.

If there's something you want to keep private, don't type it in, or if it's a required field, make something up. This doesn't just apply to Facebook.

ScottDoom May 17, 2010 02:13 AM

Meh, I don't care who has access to my "private" information on Facebook.

VVanks May 17, 2010 02:26 AM

That's EXACTLY what I would've said. People are making such a big deal out of nothing.

Think about it, you make this site for people to store information on. All their personal information, their personal email. For no reason.

And they do it. And thousands of people do it. Of course I'm going to go to my friend and say "holy **** man, I just stumbled on a gold mine. Dumb****s like these people are giving me all their information!"

I'm sure Steve Jobs has had the same conversation with Woz one time or another. Can't believe people actually buy this ****! And for a premium! Push the sale!

L1T May 17, 2010 02:32 AM

same as all the idiots use those lame store cards (not the credit card type ones) just the ones that give you "points" for letting the store track your spending habits

plasmafish May 17, 2010 02:35 AM

Doesn't anyone find this conversation between the supposed CEO and supposed former friend quite short? I don't know the authenticity of it but I wouldn't back them up personally because facebook has done some shady things with privacy and the control of users personal information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVanks (Post 1336255270)
That's EXACTLY what I would've said. People are making such a big deal out of nothing.

Think about it, you make this site for people to store information on. All their personal information, their personal email. For no reason.

And they do it. And thousands of people do it. Of course I'm going to go to my friend and say "holy **** man, I just stumbled on a gold mine. Dumb****s like these people are giving me all their information!"

I'm sure Steve Jobs has had the same conversation with Woz one time or another. Can't believe people actually buy this ****! And for a premium! Push the sale!

It used to be a private only registration through student university and college email addresses. Everyone whined that it wasn't available to other schools and people not in the facebook program and should be public. It then became a public social networking site with the likes of myspace. Before it became like myspace it was a good place to connect with classmates and people of similar interest at your university/college.

badboy May 17, 2010 02:59 AM

I dont care who has my information on fb... my profile is fully open for everyone.

Caleb May 17, 2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVanks (Post 1336255270)

Exactly.

When I am the CEO of a multi billion dollar company, some bastard here at rage is gonna publish lame posts I've made here. :bleh:

Sundance Kid V2 May 17, 2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsin (Post 1336255262)
I find it ironic that people go to a website on the Internet and type in all their personal information, then somehow expects it to be private.

If there's something you want to keep private, don't type it in, or if it's a required field, make something up. This doesn't just apply to Facebook.

w0rd.

kepler May 17, 2010 05:14 AM

It's all fun and games until ebaums see your page. :bleh: