Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Home Theaters and Photography (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Official Digi Cam Pic Thread! (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33755999)

**G.I.BRO** Jun 28, 2004 02:23 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Turn 1 from Digi Cam

I totally forgot that Zardon had a link for me. I had a thread over there talking about such things, in which he offered some bandwidth. BUt yeah, ill can send you my vid whenever. BUt that one above there is from the Chrysler weekend i went to.

The first Viper is doing rougly about 100km around that turn. :drool:

Xander Jun 28, 2004 03:45 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Sorta OT question, I guess.

Is there any digital camera that can do long shutter speeds without getting washed out?

IE., take a pic like this.

Every time I try setting my shutter speed anywhere near high enough to do that, it just over-exposes the entire image and all I get is a bright field of solid white for a picture. I just tried a couple times today at the river, hence the question.

(I mean, I suppose just shooting in an extremely low-light situation would work, too, but somethow I think that would lack something for other reasons entirely.)

Crawdaddy79 Jun 28, 2004 06:20 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Set exposure and ISO speed to lowest possible.... Other than that.. it WILL come out too bright.

If you use Irfanview.. you can always adjust the Gamma, Contrast, and Saturation properites to make it look somewhat normal.

**G.I.BRO** Jun 29, 2004 01:03 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Yeah, u gotta mess around with each type of cam and model to get it going. Going to play around with that stuff with my bros cam tomorrow. Some cool stuff can be made with that technique.

Xander Jun 29, 2004 02:00 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Yeah, I've not been TOO impressed with the shutter modes on my A60. It can go from 15 sec all the way to 1/2000 sec....but, realistically, I pretty much shoot exclusively from 1/60 to 1/600 or so.

In order to get anything over 1/1250, in any case, you need to set the f-stop so high that focus just destroys the image.

And even setting it to '15 seconds' doesn't get crap of a picture. I remember doing some neat stuff with starfields on a 35mm using that technique. Set it on a tripod, point up, set exposure high. You can see WAY more stars that usual that way, and, if you set it high enough, can see them moving! (Or, rather, see the effect on the stars of the Earth moving)

Tried that with the A60...got a field of *black*. No stars at all. In fact, try as I might, no combination of shutter speeds, focus, f-stop, etc could even get a SINGLE star to show up on the shot. Rather depressing, really.

gmontem Jun 29, 2004 02:32 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xander
In order to get anything over 1/1250, in any case, you need to set the f-stop so high that focus just destroys the image.

What do you mean focus destroys the image? Perhaps you're not focusing correctly. I shoot with wide apertures most of the time and focusing is critical. In any case if your metering does not give you over 1/1250 sec shutter speed then you just don't have enough light to work with.

Quote:

And even setting it to '15 seconds' doesn't get crap of a picture. I remember doing some neat stuff with starfields on a 35mm using that technique. Set it on a tripod, point up, set exposure high. You can see WAY more stars that usual that way, and, if you set it high enough, can see them moving! (Or, rather, see the effect on the stars of the Earth moving)

Tried that with the A60...got a field of *black*. No stars at all. In fact, try as I might, no combination of shutter speeds, focus, f-stop, etc could even get a SINGLE star to show up on the shot. Rather depressing, really.
It could be your technique. No offense but problems are not always the camera's but rather the photographer's. This statement applies to everyone, including me. What was the ISO and aperture used when you took a bulb exposure of 15 seconds? I took this shot of the Leonids with an old Canon Powershot G1 camera and by golly I got stars and, luckily, one meteor.

DiaperJe|\|i3 Jun 29, 2004 08:44 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero
Nice shots CD! Lovin that G5 eh?

Here's one I snapped yesterday of my gf feeding her niece.

http://members.rogers.com/zero-swi/images/b&w1024.jpg

Edit: That's weird, why is my image coming up as a URL...?

Very cute. Thats awsome. Kids rock, especially when they are someone elses
:D

Doozer Jun 29, 2004 09:39 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xander
Sorta OT question, I guess.

Is there any digital camera that can do long shutter speeds without getting washed out?

IE., take a pic like this.

Every time I try setting my shutter speed anywhere near high enough to do that, it just over-exposes the entire image and all I get is a bright field of solid white for a picture. I just tried a couple times today at the river, hence the question.

(I mean, I suppose just shooting in an extremely low-light situation would work, too, but somethow I think that would lack something for other reasons entirely.)

To achieve the 'smoke' effect on waterfalls is tricky to start with !

Firstly you need to find a waterfall that is in shade or shoot on a murky day. You also dont want to include the river/lake as there will be too much light, so point the camera down towards the waterfall/river. The shutter speed (depending on required effect) should be about 1/4 to 1/2 a second exposure.

I have heard many people attempting these shots and overexposing them, lots of practice with different settings and eventually you should be able to get the required shot :)

**G.I.BRO** Jun 29, 2004 12:11 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Here are some pics of the other week, in which we had a big fire on one of our yacht clubs. Also, a nice pic of Toronto!! These where taken from my friends balcony.

http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/smoke.JPG
http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/toronto_1.JPG
http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/toronto_2.JPG

DiaperJe|\|i3 Jun 29, 2004 01:43 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO**
Here are some pics of the other week, in which we had a big fire on one of our yacht clubs. Also, a nice pic of Toronto!! These where taken from my friends balcony.

http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/smoke.JPG
http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/toronto_1.JPG
http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/toronto_2.JPG

if terrorists ever want to disable canada all they have to do is take out the building in that first pic :lol:

**G.I.BRO** Jun 29, 2004 01:56 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
NOOOOOOOES!!!!
LEAVE TEH MOLSONS ALONE!!!!

Well, dont care really. Dont drink many Molson products.

Vanadium Jun 29, 2004 02:57 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Does that building even belong to Molson ???

I thought they had their brewery @ 401 and Kipling/Islington area.

**G.I.BRO** Jun 29, 2004 03:02 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanadium
Does that building even belong to Molson ???

I thought they had their brewery @ 401 and Kipling/Islington area.

Dont think so actually... Agreed that their new plant is by the Airport on the 401 and 427 branch off there. Believe that use to be their old spot. Dunno who or what is there these days.

Vanadium Jun 30, 2004 06:19 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
[1997 Rage Pro Turbo PCI].:drool:
I wonder if this baby can run the "Rage Dawning" demo.



**G.I.BRO** Jun 30, 2004 06:29 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
LOL - SWEET!
Heck, thats nice and clean!! NO dust bunnies around!

NYHecK Jun 30, 2004 06:32 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO**
Heck, thats nice and clean!! NO dust bunnies around!

huh?

Vanadium Jun 30, 2004 06:48 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Yeah, a friend from work upgraded his daughter's PC and gave me the old one.
/ 8x cd player
/ Sound card ( Name ? ) It has a volume control dial on the back of it. LOL
/ Socket 7, SOYO motherboard i believe.

Hmmm. I wonder if it still works.

**G.I.BRO** Jun 30, 2004 06:53 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYHecK
huh?


D.U.S.T. B.U.N.N.I.E.S

=C= Jul 1, 2004 01:24 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Time for more pics:

our puppy



Been playing with the macro mode :drool:
I am not sure what kind of flower this is, even though they are all along the roadside.




Turnbull2000 Jul 3, 2004 11:44 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Holed up in London for while for my job. My company kindly proved a flat on the South Bank :D

Here's a few select photos :)

Looking to the left from the living room:


The view straight ahead:


London Aquarium:


You should know what this is :cool: :


And finally..... me! :

**G.I.BRO** Jul 3, 2004 01:05 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Guy, seriously... those are some crazy pics. What cam are you using?

Kombatant Jul 3, 2004 01:15 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO**
Guy, seriously... those are some crazy pics. What cam are you using?

Yeah seconded... especially the night shot is a-freaking-mazing! I wish my Olympus C350 could get such night pics...

Turnbull2000 Jul 3, 2004 01:25 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Fella's,

I'm using a Minolta Dimage Xt 3.2MP 3X Zoom - just a normal digi cam! Doesn't cost an arm and a leg either. :cool:

I'm pretty chuffed with how that shot of Westminister (for those that DON'T recognise it :lol: ) turned out though. Just took a bit of patiance with exposure controls and a steady hand.

Crawdaddy79 Jul 3, 2004 06:17 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Try finding a better picture of the Atari Jaguar..



Uber-Duber full size picture: http://www.crawspace.com/web/g507l.jpg

Xander Jul 5, 2004 02:00 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Fourth of July in my town (pics taken from the end of our road).












Doozer Jul 6, 2004 05:26 PM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
I went to the London F1 parade tonight :D Man the place was mobbed, trying to get somewhere to be able to see any action was near on impossible, but I climbed some guard rails and managed a couple of decent enough pics. The rail was wobbling all over the place as people clambered on, so guess these arn't too bad :)

View from where I was


A Jaguar doing a burnout


Jenson Button in his BAR breaking into a corner

hobs0n Jul 7, 2004 09:46 AM

Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!
 
Thats some phat cars :drool:

Crawdaddy79 Jul 10, 2004 05:06 PM

Pittsburgh, PA. Taken from the roof of the tallest building in the city.




Large version: http://www.crawspace.com/web/g508l.jpg

And for those interested in texture work:

http://www.crawspace.com/web/g509l.jpg

Zero Jul 10, 2004 06:45 PM

One of my better shots of Diamond Head crater in Oahu, Hawaii. Stupid overcast week :(


Zero Jul 10, 2004 07:01 PM

Here's one of my kid bro at Hanauma Bay on Oahu Island, Hawaii.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com