Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Android Oreo Bloetooth Issues? (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34047063)

wabbitslayer Mar 30, 2018 12:07 PM

Android Oreo Bloetooth Issues?
 
My S8 updates a few days ago to 8.0 and now I'm having some BT issues, phone will be recognized but sometimes won't make calls, audio is dropping, try to use Pandora in the car and it just says "connecting". If I start Pandora on the phone it will play, but no controls via head unit.

Worried the head unit may need a firmware update for Oreo that will never come.

Anyone else having problems?

Destroy Mar 31, 2018 05:39 AM

I don't have Oreo but I can feel for your situation.

Updates that go 2 steps forward and 1 step back; and there is nothing one can do about it.

Can't revert back.

Sucks we are often at the mercy of manufactures whims.

Lazy8s Mar 31, 2018 06:50 AM

I'm on 8.1 with a PH1 with no issues. IIRC any auto audio issues was something Google was looking into. I think it was a common issue. Yep...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/iJeDphsoOJ4;context-place=topicsearchin/phone-by-google/authorid$3AAPn2wQeHMPYaPpq3PjDXbO5Q4qxBnvPmHE6qKuKb8ss1E1bkvI4rCqd695WwPnTmWnwjYd_U1_6F%7Csort:date% 7Cspell:false
edit: Link won't c&p right lol...need more coffeeeeeeee

wth - do a search for Bluetooth issues on Android 8.0 Oreo, google product forums....

bill dennison Mar 31, 2018 12:42 PM

don't have Oreo yet on my note 8

oh well turned off updates till they sort it out :bleh:

Munkus Mar 31, 2018 02:22 PM

I'm using Oreo on my S9+ and it's connecting to my 2018 4Runner just dandy. Guess I got lucky.

Elysian Apr 2, 2018 09:14 AM

I don't have any issues on Oreo with my new truck, Bluetooth works great. I do have issues with Android Auto though, sometimes it loses connection and I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, other times it'll lock up my whole phone, or the Google voice commands button will just stop working, and I have to reboot my phone. It's not all that often, but it's the only reason I have to reboot my phone.

bill dennison Apr 2, 2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysian (Post 1338062548)
I don't have any issues on Oreo with my new truck, Bluetooth works great. I do have issues with Android Auto though, sometimes it loses connection and I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, other times it'll lock up my whole phone, or the Google voice commands button will just stop working, and I have to reboot my phone. It's not all that often, but it's the only reason I have to reboot my phone.

did you have it before the update ?

my 7+ was doing that 6 to 15 times a day with carplay was why I dropped the iphone

my note 8 has done it once in two months i'll wait and see if they fix it before upgrading

Elysian Apr 3, 2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338062674)
did you have it before the update ?

my 7+ was doing that 6 to 15 times a day with carplay was why I dropped the iphone

my note 8 has done it once in two months i'll wait and see if they fix it before upgrading

No, I got my truck a month ago, have been on Oreo since the beta started several months ago.

wabbitslayer May 26, 2018 03:45 PM

Well, something fixed itself. I noticed issues with the calls went away a few days later, but I had quite listening to Pandora b/c of lack of any controls.

Tried it on a whim yesterday morning and surprise...all the controls were back, works great. I am assuming there was an update to the Pandora app.

Patience is a virtue?

NWR_Midnight May 26, 2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbitslayer (Post 1338070882)
Well, something fixed itself. I noticed issues with the calls went away a few days later, but I had quite listening to Pandora b/c of lack of any controls.

Tried it on a whim yesterday morning and surprise...all the controls were back, works great. I am assuming there was an update to the Pandora app.

Patience is a virtue?

Pandora had updated a couple weeks ago that fixed the problem, prior it had a problem with oreo.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com