Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Which Battlefield mod... (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33746197)

311Sam Mar 7, 2004 03:52 AM

Which Battlefield mod...

i havent played battlefield in a lonnng time manly cause it sucks. but now that all these mods have had some time to grow im wondering which one(s) yall think is best..

Hanners Mar 7, 2004 06:30 AM

Moved to PC Gaming, as requested. :)

mad Mar 7, 2004 07:06 AM

DC (+DCX)

cloakanddagger Mar 7, 2004 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by M_A_D
DC (+DCX)
Whats DCX?

The_KELRaTH Mar 7, 2004 09:11 AM

All 3 mods are superb but as to which one you try 1st, it's really what syle of gameplay you prefer; DC is fast with modern weaponry, FH is a more realistic version of BF1942, in EoD you will be creeping around in jungles with you and your enemy hiding in the undergrowth -- then.. ping.....

shockwave Mar 7, 2004 09:59 AM

DC is awesome. I just finished downloading the 1.2 GB Forgotten hope mod, I've heard it's very good

Supercross Mar 7, 2004 10:30 AM

My votes for DC. Its the only way I play BF1942 now.

shockwave Mar 7, 2004 11:57 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

holy crap

I just got finished playing 4 maps from Forgotten hope, and im totally blown away. the high res textures, the awesome maps, the SOUNDS! The weapons! This totally blew me away!!

Stalingrad map is like the one from the movie enemy at the gates. russians boat across the river, artillery is pounding the shore, trying to scramble up the hill and take a flag...this mod is totally amazing

my vote goes to Forgotten hope--best mod I've played for this game, EVER. There were lots of new people on the server I was playing on, and they kept saying "oh my god" "holy crap" "wow"

just an overall REALLY impressive mod.

kRiMiNaL Mar 7, 2004 11:57 AM

eod gets my vote, dc is ok but smacktards ruined it. just get eod,dc,dcx,fh and play them all :D

311Sam Mar 7, 2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shockwave203
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

holy crap

I just got finished playing 4 maps from Forgotten hope, and im totally blown away. the high res textures, the awesome maps, the SOUNDS! The weapons! This totally blew me away!!

Stalingrad map is like the one from the movie enemy at the gates. russians boat across the river, artillery is pounding the shore, trying to scramble up the hill and take a flag...this mod is totally amazing

my vote goes to Forgotten hope--best mod I've played for this game, EVER. There were lots of new people on the server I was playing on, and they kept saying "oh my god" "holy crap" "wow"

just an overall REALLY impressive mod.

:Pics: :Pics: :Pics: :Pics: @6xaa & 16xaf:drool:

mad Mar 7, 2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cloakanddagger
Whats DCX?
DCX = DesertCombat Extended

It just got mentioned on the DesertCombat Homepage, thats how i found out about it...DesertCombat Extended

shockwave Mar 7, 2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 311Sam
:Pics: :Pics: :Pics: :Pics: @6xaa & 16xaf:drool:
here's some quick screens I grabbed. theres a ton of maps in this mod. imagine playing on these maps with 50-60 other people :drool:

shockwave Mar 7, 2004 01:52 PM

Supercross Mar 7, 2004 02:03 PM

Wow...I just may check out Forgotten Hope now that I've seen those screenshots. Looks pretty sweet. :)

bounty_hunter Mar 7, 2004 02:03 PM

no contest...dc

TheWart Mar 7, 2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bounty_hunter
no contest...dc
Agreed.

I think that whether or not one likes the gameplay of DC, it is, much like CS was, the de facto ruler of BF mods, and is extremely highly polished.

shockwave Mar 7, 2004 02:16 PM

DC is a really good mod too. I only find it good when it's in a city/desert map though. Having americans/Iraqis duking it out on the iwo jima or wake island maps just makes it seem to 'out there'. i know it's a game, and ofcourse it's not what really happened, but i only like DC if the map is a desert setting (or oil rig setting, I like the map with the oil rig in the middle of the ocean)

Fuku2 Mar 7, 2004 02:16 PM

More Fogotten Hope

It does seem pretty cool. I love the sound of the planes as they fly by you.

shockwave Mar 7, 2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fuku2

It does seem pretty cool. I love the sound of the planes as they fly by you.

indeed. everything sounds much more realistic. planes fly by and you hear a whoooosh with the engines, its so cool