Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Sniper Elite V2 (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33980372)

john2 Aug 4, 2011 02:58 PM

Sniper Elite V2

Sniper Elite V2 coming to PC after all

Quote:

Great news for PC gamers as Rebellion announced that their upcoming sniper game, Sniper Elite V2, will be coming to PC after all. Rebellion stated at their blog that due to unprecedented fan demand, they will self-fund the PC version of the game. Moreover, Rebellion’s teams are working simultaneously on the console and PC versions.

Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion, said:

“We’re working with 505 on the console version of Sniper Elite V2 but it’s very important to us to support fans of the game who use PCs – after we made the announcement about Sniper Elite V2 we’ve had hordes of people get in touch to ask us to bring it out on the PC too.

We’re pleased to say that the PC version will provide the same great storyline and gameplay as the console versions, but will be built specifically for PC to take advantage of the more flexible and powerful hardware, with strong support directly from Rebellion.”

Chris Kingsley, CTO of Rebellion, added:

“We’ve not always had control over PC versions of some of our games but we believe that this is what our fans want and this is the right game to do this for. Our team are working simultaneously on the console and PC versions.

At the moment, we’re looking for retail distribution partners and will be releasing more details in the months to come.”

dawdler Aug 4, 2011 05:34 PM

I really wish devs would stop stating the obvious.

Has anyone ever said "The Xbox 360 version will feature the same story and gameplay as the PC version, but - wait for it - it will be built specifically to take advantage of the Xbox 360!!!"?

Duh... :bleh:

plasmafish Aug 5, 2011 09:59 AM

Sniper Elite was my favorite Sniper PC game, I don't think any others I've played have topped it.

CoolNitro Aug 5, 2011 02:01 PM

Yea indeed one of the best sniper games I've played it also had an old school hitman feel to it when you had to scout an area then find the best place to take people out without being noticed.

Hopefully they wont make it too fast paced and keep the whole plan your attack style.

john2 Aug 11, 2011 08:46 AM

Sniper Elite V2 promises to be the most brutally realistic military sharpshooter

nomore Aug 11, 2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john2 (Post 1336666925)

ouch to that trailer

Sobek Aug 11, 2011 08:25 PM

I want this more than Battlefield 3 or Skyrim or Rage.

I'm so glad they kept the WW2 theme and didn't go all 'modern warfare' on us :D

CoolNitro Aug 11, 2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

This is no ‘run and gun’ game and you have to be strategic, take your time and think problems through rather than go in all guns blazing – exactly what made the original Sniper Elite such a great game.”
The above sold it for me I didn't even need a trailer, though with that said I loved seeing the impact of my rounds in the first one this new X-ray vision version adds a little style to it for anyone like me who likes gore.

Ziklitschli Aug 12, 2011 08:48 AM

Can't wait, liked the 1st one a lot. If they use AvP engine, some solid visuals there as well.

spindoctor Aug 12, 2011 08:51 AM

after the disaster that was avp, i wouldn't touch another game from rebellion even if someone paid me to :bleh:

Sundance Kid V2 Aug 12, 2011 02:16 PM

looks cool

Mangler Aug 13, 2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoctor (Post 1336667864)
after the disaster that was avp, i wouldn't touch another game from rebellion even if someone paid me to :bleh:

Avp was a masterpiece compared to Rogue Warrior.

spindoctor Aug 13, 2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1336668679)
Avp was a masterpiece compared to Rogue Warrior.

:lol: did you actually play that?

Dark_Swordmaster Aug 13, 2011 10:40 PM

Actually Rogue Warrior was pretty good.

demo Aug 13, 2011 11:54 PM

I thought the first one was crap. I like the idea of sniping and taking my time but the actual game itself sucked balls. That trailer looks good and I'm hoping it will be a lot better than the first.

CoolNitro Apr 19, 2012 07:07 PM

Heads up there is a demo on steam downloading it now.

JZL Apr 19, 2012 07:09 PM

Also, the bonus DLC for pre-ordering is a mission where you get the opportunity to snipe Adolph Hitler.

gamefoo21 Apr 19, 2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JZL (Post 1336902363)
Also, the bonus DLC for pre-ordering is a mission where you get the opportunity to snipe Adolph Hitler.

Bah! I wanna snipe Stalin or Churchhill! :bleh:

Chubz Apr 19, 2012 07:33 PM

Other than the advanced sniping aspects and cool slow mo moments, I'm not sure you could create a game more generic than this. Meh. It will be quickly forgotten and in the bargain bin not long after release IMO.

Dark_Swordmaster Apr 19, 2012 07:36 PM

Sniper Elite was cult, this will probably be too. Sad, because it's actually a REALLY damn cool game. A bit less realistic than the first one, but still pretty damned fun to play.

Meanwhile, enjoy this texture glitch from my run of the demo.

CoolNitro Apr 19, 2012 08:33 PM

Did you have an anti blood version or something Dark_Swordmaster as it looks like you are shooting zombies with piss colored blood.

My thoughts from playing the demo for all of a few minutes was that it gave me an instant crick in my neck because of the way to far over the shoulder cam and the bloom in places was blinding, other then those two issues its fun to shoot people which is always nice.

Dark_Swordmaster Apr 19, 2012 09:20 PM

No, the textures ****ed up for some reason. It got worse, as you can see by the end of the video.

The bloom is FAR too intense, which is weird because I don't remember it being that bad on the 360 version. And I don't have any problems with the camera but I never have in third person games.

Brainstew Apr 19, 2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubz (Post 1336902409)
Other than the advanced sniping aspects and cool slow mo moments, I'm not sure you could create a game more generic than this. Meh. It will be quickly forgotten and in the bargain bin not long after release IMO.

Multiplayer could be awesome, also the levels in the first game were far more varied and interesting so I wouldn't judge the entire game off the demo.

Napoleonic Apr 20, 2012 12:18 AM

is this the one with cry engine 3? I'm confused

Chubz Apr 20, 2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napoleonic (Post 1336902590)
is this the one with cry engine 3? I'm confused

You're thinking of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. This game runs on a proprietary engine created by Rebellion, the developer.

Dark_Swordmaster Apr 20, 2012 01:12 AM

Ghost Warrior is one of the worst ****ing games...

didamangi Apr 20, 2012 02:24 AM

So, yeah. I could see this catching on in other games :p

demo Apr 20, 2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demo (Post 1336669150)
I thought the first one was crap. I like the idea of sniping and taking my time but the actual game itself sucked balls. That trailer looks good and I'm hoping it will be a lot better than the first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubz (Post 1336902599)
You're thinking of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. This game runs on a proprietary engine created by Rebellion, the developer.

Oh yer, thats what I thought this was, the sequel of sniper ghost warrior, which was a pos..

I remember the old sniper elite now, was ok considering you could play online with a haxed copy :p

logical Apr 20, 2012 03:48 AM

Played the demo.. felt real gimmicky. For a sniper game you would think they would allow you to find and go more places to get vantage points.. not really.

Steam sale game at best IMO.

Ziklitschli Apr 20, 2012 06:33 AM

I really want this, hope they've chosen a bad part for a demo.