Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Radeon Technical Support (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   NVDA CEO says NV30 not taped out yet (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33628954)

Hellbinder Aug 1, 2002 03:31 AM

Nice... thanks for the assesment. Your analasys/opinion seems pretty fair and realistic.

Ostsol Aug 1, 2002 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sachankara
They have powerful supercomputers that can simulate the processor before they've made physical copies of it/them, simply to ensure that the processor will actually work... :) (The program cannot forsee what problems might arise in the printing process, so therefor layout changes might have to be done afterwards to make the actual design work "in the real world"... :D) Processors aren't drawn on paper these days you know... ;) It's more like an CAD mixed with an advanced form of programming...

Edit: Fixed the grammar a bit... ;)

Oddly enough, I forgot about the possibility of simulations. ;) *smacks forhead* Duh! :)

LordPain Aug 1, 2002 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ostsol

Oddly enough, I forgot about the possibility of simulations. ;) *smacks forhead* Duh! :)

Did I see something fly out of your ear?? :D

The Mighty Whitey Aug 1, 2002 11:51 AM

I think that conversation with the analyst is one of the funniest things...

Recap

Quote:

"It should be available for holiday season" J. Huang

"Has the NV30 taped out yet?" Analyst

"Historically Nvidia done a good job with tapeouts etc... We're in the process of wrapping it up" J. Huang

"So it has not been taped out yet?" Analyst

"We're in the process of wrapping it up so the answer is not" J. Huang
i mean... LOL. "Has it taped out?" "Were good at doin that". "But has it taped out?" "uhhh.... *whispers under breath* stupid media.. mumble mumble* were wraping it up........ so not."

Unit01 Aug 1, 2002 12:07 PM

nvidia is providing us with some entertainment til the radeon9700 release as well :D:D

Hanners Aug 1, 2002 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unit01
nvidia is providing us with some entertainment til the radeon9700 release as well :D:D
Yeah...there should be a daily phone call made to Mr. Huang and posted across the 'net...

'So, has it taped out now?'
'No, damn you!!'

'How about today?'
'(starts to cry) no, still nothing...'

'What about now?'
'Maybe...'
'Is that yes or no?'
'Umm....no....(cries again)'

:D :lol: :evil:

Ostsol Aug 1, 2002 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LordPain

Did I see something fly out of your ear?? :D

I think it was a screw. . . :eek:

Someotherdude Aug 1, 2002 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ostsol

I think it was a screw. . . :eek:

Lol, now I have to clean the spit from my screen.