Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   RE2 REMAKE!!!! (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34023604)

Omega53 Aug 12, 2015 04:17 PM

RE2 REMAKE!!!!

Getting RE1 Remake treatment!!! :drool:!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/res.../1100-6429698/

Capcom is remaking PlayStation One survival-horror classic Resident Evil 2 for modern consoles.

A video announcing the project reveals it is being headed up by Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, producer of the Resident Evil HD Remaster released in January 2015, and Capcom R&D Division 1.

Im sure itll be on PC also :bleh:

Progression Aug 12, 2015 04:30 PM

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah! :drool:

Mangler Aug 12, 2015 04:33 PM

I hope they fully commit to the style of the re 1 remake and actually make RE 2 into a survival horror game.

logical Aug 12, 2015 04:37 PM

Im tired of remakes. How about they make something new and original. :rolleyes:

Omega53 Aug 12, 2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1337754362)

Nothing new and original exist anymore.

BababooeyHTJ Aug 12, 2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega53 (Post 1337754363)
Nothing new and original exist anymore.

Lol, this is true.

nutcrackr Aug 12, 2015 06:06 PM

I don't really get the excitement. I thought Revelations 2 was great and would prefer they just keep making new ones.

Mangler Aug 12, 2015 06:24 PM

Well, it's better than announcing pachinko versions of beloved/known series like Konami.

CyanBlues Aug 12, 2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1337754452)
Well, it's better than announcing pachinko versions of beloved/known series like Konami.

what's not to like, there's erotic violence!!!! :lol:

lazyx Aug 12, 2015 07:07 PM

How about making a good RE game instead capcom....

|MaguS| Aug 12, 2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazyx (Post 1337754489)
How about making a good RE game instead capcom....

They did, RE:Remaster. :p

I'm personally excited for this, RE2 was an amazing game and I would love to see it on the Framework engine.

Glad they are doing this rather then focusing on the Revelation Series, what a waste of effort. First game was decent but man the second was such ****. Broken engine, bad graphics, boring characters and a dull environment.

Meteor_of_War Aug 12, 2015 09:59 PM

Heard about this earlier and was very happy at the news.

After remaking Resident Evil I assumed RE2 was coming, and it is yay! I have not played this game in 15 years and would love to play it again in HD on PC.:)

Meteor_of_War Aug 12, 2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Just my theory but I think Capcom has been doing the remakes lately because they have been hurting as a company and need to play it safe and rebuild their revenue stream.

If you want to see something new from them buy their remakes. The success of them will determine Capcom's future.

Brainstew Aug 12, 2015 10:07 PM

I think they should just reboot the RE series and I don't mean copying what they did before. I want a complete reset on the series with all new characters etc, just the same themes and virus.

lazyx Aug 12, 2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 1337754545)
Framework engine.

Built a decent engine and than decide to outsource a great majority of it's games to western devs or other Japanese devs like 8ighting\Dimps.... Capcom got super lazy last gen.

|MaguS| Aug 12, 2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainstew (Post 1337754572)
I think they should just reboot the RE series and I don't mean copying what they did before. I want a complete reset on the series with all new characters etc, just the same themes and virus.

It's hard to reboot an established IP with a long history because it would be hard for people to reset themselves and not question "Wheres Chris? Clair? Leon?" Everyone would second guess the game because they want the characters that they know with the series.

Take DMC for instance, the new reboot was amazing and yet it did poorly because Dante didn't look like the previous Dante yet the combat system was better in many ways and the game looked and ran great everywhere.

nutcrackr Aug 12, 2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1337754570)
If you want to see something new from them buy their remakes. The success of them will determine Capcom's future.

Certainly valid, but I can see them just doing RE3, RE4, RE5 etc remakes if the other remakes sell well. It might be like 5-10 years of remakes before they do something new. For some people that would be good though.

|MaguS| Aug 12, 2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcrackr (Post 1337754608)
Certainly valid, but I can see them just doing RE3, RE4, RE5 etc remakes if the other remakes sell well. It might be like 5-10 years of remakes before they do something new. For some people that would be good though.

RE4 already got an HD Remaster so its done, I can only expect it to hit the new consoles as some HD version of the PS3/Xbox release.

I doubt RE3 would get a total remake like RE2 is receiving because its not as popular compared to the previous games. RE5 would probably get the RE4 treatment with better resolution and framerate. Its not worth redoing the entire game from ground up so its time and expense is minimal if it were to be done.

Meteor_of_War Aug 12, 2015 11:41 PM

They recently migrated RE5 to Steamworks. I would say that's all they are going to do with that one as its not that old.

I think RE2, and the Resident Evil Zero remaster are probably the end of the RE remakes.

I would love to see them port the original Dead Rising to PC!

KAC Aug 12, 2015 11:44 PM

Still need to finish RE4, RE6, RE Revelations 2, RE OP RACCOON SHITE CITY. Didn't buy RE1 remake and not going to indulge in this.

I would rather see Milla Jovovich naked in a new resident evil movie than play another RE game.

Akumajo Aug 13, 2015 03:11 AM

Quote:

Nothing has ever really been "new and original" as creative teams need inspiration...however you are missing a key point.

Sequels Sell...and make money and that is what keeps companies from closing shop rather than bet the farm on some forgettable new ip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1337754570)
Just my theory but I think Capcom has been doing the remakes lately because they have been hurting as a company and need to play it safe and rebuild their revenue stream.

Technically speaking Capcom experienced it's highest success with remakes of Street Fighter II even if called revisions...

Also a "Remake" is actually a costly venture. It costs money to have a cutting-edge 3d engine tech and costs more money to make all the models, art assets and that's not including voice acting.

By now Uncharted 4 is finally touting real time in engine cut-scenes...but their game is a sequel.

Also you have to have a dedicated following who will actually buy the game day one...last gen got plagued with privacy fast, the hackers screwing up things and gamers obsessed with CoD fps cookie cutter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 1337754603)
It's hard to reboot an established IP with a long history because it would be hard for people to reset themselves and not question "Wheres Chris? Clair? Leon?" Everyone would second guess the game because they want the characters that they know with the series.

Take DMC for instance, the new reboot was amazing and yet it did poorly because Dante didn't look like the previous Dante yet the combat system was better in many ways and the game looked and ran great everywhere.

Yeah...DMC remake sucked...they screwed out all the coolness of the character by making him "contemporary"...fans saw through that...the few that played also didn't like the new gameplay.

theshadowcult Aug 13, 2015 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akumajo (Post 1337754739)
Yeah...DMC remake sucked...they screwed out all the coolness of the character by making him "contemporary"...fans saw through that...the few that played also didn't like the new gameplay.

Many fans admitted to liking the game once they gave it a chance. I was one of them, and i kept upto date on it cause DMC (original) is one of my all time favourite games. While i still dislike remaking dante instead of actually making a new character, the game turned out to be incredible. It is easily the best dmc game next to the first.
This coming from someone who was foaming at the mouth in blind fury over the dante crap.

Rassilon Aug 13, 2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1337754635)
I would rather see Milla Jovovich naked in a new resident evil movie than play another RE game.

Quoted for truth:lol:

SirBaron Aug 13, 2015 06:42 AM

Well I for one am looking forward to this if it's in anyway like the Remake of 1 and 0.

alitayyab Aug 13, 2015 08:28 AM

They do it. I buy it

Meteor_of_War Aug 13, 2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Also a "Remake" is actually a costly venture. It costs money to have a cutting-edge 3d engine tech and costs more money to make all the models, art assets and that's not including voice acting.

I wasn't saying they are cheap to make, but that they are "safer" to make much like a sequel. You already have an established fan base, and can pretty much know what to expect for sales numbers.

It would seem this has been Capcom's recent strategy as of late to get them out of the hole they are in.

Progression Aug 13, 2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1337754931)
I wasn't saying they are cheap to make, but that they are "safer" to make much like a sequel. You already have an established fan base, and can pretty much know what to expect for sales numbers.

It would seem this has been Capcom's recent strategy as of late to get them out of the hole they are in.

And I think it is a good strategy. I just hope they don't do it for eeeeeever. :lol:

Or rather, I hope it isn't the only thing they do in their future.

logical Aug 13, 2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Nothing has ever really been "new and original" as creative teams need inspiration...however you are missing a key point.

Sequels Sell...and make money and that is what keeps companies from closing shop rather than bet the farm on some forgettable new ip.

I didnt miss any key point. There are things that are fresh and Resident Evil 2 is not it. I dont want to replay a 13 year old game.

With the release of the current gen consoles every game company is going back and remastering/HDing/remaking/milking every one of their franchises. Its actually getting tiresome.

Progression Aug 13, 2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1337754951)
With the release of the current gen consoles every game company is going back and remastering/HDing/remaking/milking every one of their franchises. Its actually getting tiresome.

It's not. :bleh:

logical Aug 13, 2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Progression (Post 1337754965)
It's not. :bleh:

It is and I will not argue about it! :p