Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, space combat sim Privateer like, announced for Q1 2019 release (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34048078)

Eisberg Aug 31, 2018 04:33 PM

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, space combat sim Privateer like, announced for Q1 2019 release

Announcement

IGN has a different non gameplay trailer trailer as well
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...utlaw-revealed

There are more videos to come in the coming weeks, but so far no gameplay videos.

here is the website
https://rebel-galaxy.com/index.html
or
kickstartmymansion.com

Reading the FAQ is :lol:

So yeah, looks like we are getting a Privateer type game.

theshadowcult Aug 31, 2018 05:10 PM

**** yes!! I loved Rebel Galaxy! Been waiting for a sequel since the moment i finished playing the first one!

Eisberg Aug 31, 2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338088928)
**** yes!! I loved Rebel Galaxy! Been waiting for a sequel since the moment i finished playing the first one!

It is a prequel sequel, 34 years before the first game. You play the Aunt of the character in the first game, Juno, the one that sent you on the path in the first game.

theshadowcult Aug 31, 2018 07:52 PM

Game is a sequel, story is a prequel. It's their second game is what i meant.

Greasy Aug 31, 2018 07:58 PM

I'm in! The first game was a blast.

theshadowcult Aug 31, 2018 08:01 PM

I am disappointed that they caved to the loud mouths and changed to full 3d space flight. It was strange at first but i actually liked the horizontal plane only naval style of the flight model.

Greasy Aug 31, 2018 08:06 PM

They're going to end up delivering what we all wanted in squadron 42 before CIG. :lol:

Eisberg Aug 31, 2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338088965)
I am disappointed that they caved to the loud mouths and changed to full 3d space flight. It was strange at first but i actually liked the horizontal plane only naval style of the flight model.

I am actually extremely happy that they did cave :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1338088967)
They're going to end up delivering what we all wanted in squadron 42 before CIG. :lol:

:D

xCLAVEx Aug 31, 2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338088928)

THIS! DAY ONE BUY! CANNOT WAIT!

Eisberg Aug 31, 2018 10:59 PM

Apparently there is going to be a gameplay trailer coming out on Tuesday, and then an hour long narrated gameplay stream on Thursday.

theshadowcult Sep 1, 2018 01:01 AM

sweet. im actually looking forward to playing through the story. Space Pirates and Zombies 2 went to open world, and while still great, it didnt reall have that atmosphere appeal rebel galaxy did.

Sundance Kid V2 Sep 1, 2018 02:41 AM

You had me at Privateer. The FAQ is hilarious!!!

Eisberg Sep 2, 2018 09:22 PM

Here is a video from Gamespot, 3 minutes of showing basically how the game will play out, yeah very much a privateer vibe to it

aRandomRobot Sep 2, 2018 10:25 PM

They have a tiny booth at Pax West this year showing off a combat demo. I had never heard of this series before today but I liked it, for what itís worth. Tons of personality

theshadowcult Sep 2, 2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aRandomRobot (Post 1338089277)
They have a tiny booth at Pax West this year showing off a combat demo. I had never heard of this series before today but I liked it, for what it’s worth. Tons of personality

It's looking like the second game will be a bit different to the first. Give the first a try though, can get it pretty cheap these days, and aside from one or two anoyances, its a really excellent game.

Sound track it pretty great too!

Silent-Runner Sep 3, 2018 04:47 AM

yep, second one looks like a complete different game though.

On a sidenote: Everytime i see a docking sequence i hear the original music (The blue danube) from the first elite.

Eisberg Sep 3, 2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338089295)

On a sidenote: Everytime i see a docking sequence i hear the original music (The blue danube) from the first elite.

Looks like it is keeping the same basic gameplay loop as the first game, but this time it is a fast paced cockpit experience using fighters/frieghters similar to Privateer, we are basically getting the spiritual successor to Privateer :D

Silent-Runner Sep 3, 2018 08:24 AM

ik, i'm not saying it's a worse game, but it looks like a very different game, due to the different handling.

theshadowcult Sep 3, 2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338089295)

Ugh, dont bring up ****ing docking in elite. Both it an no mans sky have the worst ****ing docking procedures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338089309)
ik, i'm not saying it's a worse game, but it looks like a very different game, due to the different handling.

Sames. I bet it'l be great and im gonna love the journey like i did the first time around. I'm disappointed about the change only because it was somewhat unique and still completely fun all the way through.

Eisberg Sep 4, 2018 02:37 PM

Gameplay trailer released today
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/09/04...eplay-revealed

Also here is an article from someone who got to see the PAX West booth, she gives her impression about what she saw plus some more information about the game

http://www.onrpg.com/news/editorial/...8-impressions/

theshadowcult Sep 4, 2018 09:19 PM

I wonder if it's still just two people making the games, or if they hired more devs for this one.

Selling it for 30 is definitely a smart move. If it was higher i would wait for a sale, but at 30 on release, i'll pick it up straight away.

aRandomRobot Sep 5, 2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338089582)
I wonder if it's still just two people making the games, or if they hired more devs for this one.

At the Pax booth they said there were 5 people working on it. That's more devs right? :bleh:

theshadowcult Sep 5, 2018 01:47 AM

nah, was an optical illusion.

xCLAVEx Sep 5, 2018 08:40 AM

I hope we have the option of either Flight stick or keyboard and mouse. Flight sticks are nice (I have a decent one) but I prefer overall to just pick up and go. As I've gotten older, I've lost my hard core edge and just want to get into a game...probably due to not having nearly as much spare time as I used to.

Eisberg Sep 6, 2018 07:27 PM

The 1 hour gameplay demostration stream. Apparently a lot was shown and talked about. I haven't watched it myself yet, going to now.

Edit:
He talks about why they made the first game the way they did, as far as the naval/broadside combat on a 2d plane. He said when they were planning on making Rebel Galaxy they looked at what was supposed to be coming out in the space sim genre, Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, and they felt they would be crushed by the weight of those games if they tried to make a space combat/cockpit game. Fast foward to years later, they looked back on it and they realized that none of those games were anything like what they would have done, so they felt it was a good time to do what they wanted.

Destroy Sep 6, 2018 08:19 PM

Squadron 42 killer incoming.

Eisberg Sep 6, 2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 1338090072)
Squadron 42 killer incoming.

:eek:

I think you are right. Still watching this 1 hour video and my jaw is dropping so much, I might get lock jaw from it:lol:

It is looking freakn amazing, and for only $30.
And that Ship paint shop feature. Was not expecting something similar to professional level paint/photo shop type system, which is way to intimidating to me, but I look forward to seeing the various paint jobs other people will hopefully share.

I think I am going to like the idea about how they have a button you can press that will automatically find your target for you so you don't end up overshooting it, and spending so much time looking for your target, but we shall see, I will play with it both on and off to figure out what I end up liking the most.

Eisberg Sep 6, 2018 08:52 PM

haha. There are some jump gates that are unstable, but they can get you to a place quicker. These jump gates may cause damage if you use them, and it is possible they may not even take you where you wanted to go. :lol:

They have an Astroids like, basically a carbon copy of it, arcade game mini game. If you manage to get the high score you get a mission series, ala Last Starfighter. :D

Eisberg Sep 6, 2018 09:57 PM

So I just asked, on twitter, what engine they were using for this game.
He stated they are using a super brutalized reworked version of Ogre3d v1.9
https://www.ogre3d.org/
SO basically a custom engine. I got to say, I am impressed what this custom engine does.
Torchlight 1 and 2, as well as the first Rebel Galaxy used Ogre3d.

Eisberg Oct 16, 2018 05:44 PM

Developer of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw linked a youtube video of one of the songs they have licensed for the game

https://twitter.com/RebelGalaxy/stat...86266761334785

:drool: