Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   DS Lite touchscreen death in less than 24 hours (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33858660)

Ryan3dFan Jun 14, 2006 02:46 PM

DS Lite touchscreen death in less than 24 hours

Yep. Picked up a DS Lite yesterday at Target, woke up today, fired up New Super Mario Bros. and noticed the touchscreen wasnt' working. Tried the calibration and everything. No go. Going to exchange it today. Anyone else hear of issues like this? It's not like I was using a fork as a stylus while taking a bath. I've put it through completely normal if not light use since I got it. It's not like New SMB is a touchscreen heavy game anyways.

Oh well, just thought I'd vent my frustration. I hope the second unit is fine. I was really looking forward to getting into this system.

ViCyniC Jun 14, 2006 02:53 PM

I think you've gotten a rare lemon. Nintendo usually has the least amount of hardware defects compared to their competitors. Their home consoles are usually flawless from the very first batch of units manufactured.

Yeah, I doubt you'll see this again with your replacement.

seiji-kun Jun 14, 2006 03:06 PM

I doubt you'll have much problems with finding a working replacement. We haven't heard anything bad about the DS Lite from its Japanese release, so your unit must have just been defective. It happens, but not so much with Nintendo products.

Ryan3dFan Jun 14, 2006 03:18 PM

Yeah thats; why I was a bit suprised. Nintendo seems ot have excellent quality control. I guess I just have bad luck. Hopefully you are right and this is just a rare lemon.

Hidavi Jun 16, 2006 12:22 PM

This is the only DS problem I've ever heard.

huskers_75 Jun 16, 2006 07:38 PM

Man that sucks Ryan3dfan, your not paying for a new one?

Hidavi Jun 16, 2006 07:41 PM

Nintendo's gonna say, "You f***in lier! We NEVER get that problem!"

Ryan3dFan Jun 18, 2006 01:58 PM

So far my new unit has been working fine. I just took it back to Target and exchanged it.

Hidavi,
Since I only had it for a day there would have been no reason for me to deal with Nintendo directly concerning this matter. I do, however, wonder how supportive Nintendo is of fixing or replacing broken products after a significant amount of time, 90 days or so. I haven't read any of their warranty stuff.

hazindu Jun 19, 2006 09:00 AM

24 hours is really bad, even the display models at Wal-Mart tend to last at least a week or two.

Takezo Jun 20, 2006 01:17 AM

^ But that's only because people abuse them.

Defects rarely pass Quality Assurance department, but it does happen. I hate how people blow things out of proportion. We see it time an time again with DS, PSP, and Xbox 360. Some people like assume that just because their system was a defect, all are. Complain after the 3rd exchange. Then somthings up.

Fobinator Jun 22, 2006 03:38 PM

Store Display unit should never be an example of how reliable a product is. I've seen people use their keys, which scratch up the entire screen instantly.

hazindu Jun 22, 2006 03:43 PM

Apparently things are never as obvious as they should be. My Wal-Mart display model comment was a freakin JOKE.....