Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I'm Back! (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34028863)

absolutefunk Apr 23, 2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo_Rage3d_ (Post 1338065596)
Sounds like a plan! This was stage 1 of my upgrades, stage 2 end of next week, not as big but still worth while.:fold:

Stage 2 sounds like 2x 780s, so I'm looking forward to that boost! :D

Turbo_Rage3d_ Apr 23, 2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolutefunk (Post 1338066061)
Stage 2 sounds like 2x 780s, so I'm looking forward to that boost! :D

Sounds like you might be right!:lol: Although I had the system with my 970 crap out on me this weekend, I can't get it to post (not yet anyways) I was able to get it into another system I had lying around and it's folding again. May have to restructure my plan of attack alittle.

absolutefunk Apr 25, 2018 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo_Rage3d_ (Post 1338066077)
Sounds like you might be right!:lol: Although I had the system with my 970 crap out on me this weekend, I can't get it to post (not yet anyways) I was able to get it into another system I had lying around and it's folding again. May have to restructure my plan of attack alittle.

Hopefully you can fix the issue without having to buy additional hardware.

Right now our output is almost matching :lol:
Get those 780's up and running so I'll feel the pressure :D :D

jima13 Apr 25, 2018 01:30 PM

Thought the 780's would have been there by now, but looks like a Friday delivery now :)

I'll have to shut down for 7-8 hours Thursday. My electric coop is doing some upgrades in the area and were kind enough to let me know. Probably be a good time for me to actually finish the project I started last summer :D

Turbo_Rage3d_ Apr 25, 2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jima13 (Post 1338066402)
Thought the 780's would have been there by now, but looks like a Friday delivery now :)

I'll have to shut down for 7-8 hours Thursday. My electric coop is doing some upgrades in the area and were kind enough to let me know. Probably be a good time for me to actually finish the project I started last summer :D


It's all good though, I haven't had time to mess with them anyways.

Turbo_Rage3d_ Apr 25, 2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolutefunk (Post 1338066318)
Hopefully you can fix the issue without having to buy additional hardware.

Right now our output is almost matching :lol:
Get those 780's up and running so I'll feel the pressure :D :D

Should have them up & running sometime this weekend!

absolutefunk Apr 27, 2018 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo_Rage3d_ (Post 1338066413)
Should have them up & running sometime this weekend!

Sounds awesome!! :fold:

Turbo_Rage3d_ Apr 27, 2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolutefunk (Post 1338066318)
Hopefully you can fix the issue without having to buy additional hardware.

Right now our output is almost matching :lol:
Get those 780's up and running so I'll feel the pressure :D :D


I'm not really sure what the issue was, maybe a PSU issue but I was able to boot the system last night after replacing the PSU and a very old GPU I keep around for emergencies, I'll see what happens with one of the 780's installed, maybe tonight.

absolutefunk Apr 30, 2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo_Rage3d_ (Post 1338066650)
I'm not really sure what the issue was, maybe a PSU issue but I was able to boot the system last night after replacing the PSU and a very old GPU I keep around for emergencies, I'll see what happens with one of the 780's installed, maybe tonight.

Sounds great! Was the system stable (or powered on even) on one 780? Sounds like it could have been PSU. The important thing is you are making progress toward diagnosing the issue, which is always awesome :-)

Turbo_Rage3d_ May 1, 2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolutefunk (Post 1338066318)
Hopefully you can fix the issue without having to buy additional hardware.

Right now our output is almost matching :lol:
Get those 780's up and running so I'll feel the pressure :D :D

Well I got 1 up & the other is having issues but do you see that speck in your rear-view? EOC says I'll catch:runaway: you in a blistering 12 YEARS!!!:D :p :D Don't get too comfortable! :zzz: :super: :runaway:

absolutefunk May 4, 2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo_Rage3d_ (Post 1338067302)
Well I got 1 up & the other is having issues but do you see that speck in your rear-view? EOC says I'll catch:runaway: you in a blistering 12 YEARS!!!:D :p Don't get too comfortable! :zzz: :super: :runaway:

I just checked EOC and you'll overtake me on 03.13.30 :D Now 11.9 years, speck getting larger :lol: :cool:

You may be on my threat list for a while, as my plan of purchasing new hardware was going great until I checked my bank account :cry: My only hope is for cryptominers to dump their GPUs in favor of these upcoming ASIC miners, then I can snatch up a 1070 or 1080 on the cheap :p


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com