Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Motoring (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Official: "What did you do to your car today?" Thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33935728)

GRimm862 Nov 13, 2008 05:29 PM

Official: "What did you do to your car today?" Thread

I painted my faded side mirrors, door handles and some other miscellaneous things. I took my valve cover off to see that my head has been very well taken care of.

Started painting my valve cover and ran out of daylight. Tomorrow I'll show you guys the finished product, and I will be putting a new valve cover gasket on along with doing a little valve adjustment.

So yeah. These are always decent threads on car forums. :)

ASCI Blue Nov 13, 2008 05:55 PM

dove it to the grocery store where I got honey nut cheerios and three boxes of jell-o for 6 bucks!!!

GRimm862 Nov 13, 2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASCI Blue (Post 1335688813)
dove it to the grocery store where I got honey nut cheerios and three boxes of jell-o for 6 bucks!!!

Thats a damn steal. Smart shopping.

Shadowless Nov 13, 2008 06:47 PM

umm, i drove...

Greasy Nov 13, 2008 06:51 PM

Left it in the garage since I worked from home. I did however order a replacement intake from the 350Z that will be installed tomorrow.

Shadowless Nov 13, 2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1335688848)
Left it in the garage since I worked from home. I did however order a replacement intake from the 350Z that will be installed tomorrow.

sigh....

I'm waiting for the eBay vendor to send me the right MAF adapter so I can start on my custom CAI....they sent me the wrong size, think it's for a V6 instead of the 8.

GRimm862 Nov 13, 2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1335688848)

Aftermarket or stock? I bet a CAI on that thing would sound pretty nice.

Heres my valve cover I'm working on, not quite finished.

OverclockN' Nov 13, 2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRimm862 (Post 1335688892)
Aftermarket or stock? I bet a CAI on that thing would sound pretty nice.

Heres my valve cover I'm working on, not quite finished.

Nice work. What kind of paint are you using? Does it have a glossy finish like you used an exterior car paint or is are you just using spray paint for more of a matte finish?

GRimm862 Nov 13, 2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335689017)
Nice work. What kind of paint are you using? Does it have a glossy finish like you used an exterior car paint or is are you just using spray paint for more of a matte finish?

Its duplicolor high temp engine paint, in semi gloss, the pics ****ty, but it looks good. I did it to my old one too always looks nice and clean. I'm not to big on the glossy paint, although on the right car it can look great, like your vette. But for my 20 yearold bimmer she only gets semi. :lol:

On the outside I used SEM trim paint in i think semi gloss. SEM stuff is so good. damn can is like 10 dollars. Luckily I got it when I bought the car.

Thanks for the compliment.

OverclockN' Nov 13, 2008 10:19 PM

Yeah, the picture is rather small and blurry...but it definitely looks good to me. I can't knock anyone's work, I was too scared to paint mine as I wanted it absolutely flawless for all the car shows it was in the past year. I was really pissed off when I got one of the pieces with scuff marks and scratches all over it. They were custom ordered and painted too, so it was nearly 5 weeks until I recieved the replacement. :mad:

Congrats for having the balls to do it yourself though, I was dumb enough to shell out quite a bit of cash to have mine professionally painted. :(

Sasquach Nov 14, 2008 12:15 AM

I drove it to School, then i drove it home.
Now it sits outside....

:bleh: :bleh:

Crucible Nov 14, 2008 08:07 AM

Changed my oil. Cost me $15.00. Dealership gets $45 and I don't trust any "quickie lube" places because it's a cartridge filter and you have to remove a skid plate...

**G.I.BRO** Nov 14, 2008 08:16 AM

Came home from work last night, cleaned out the easy garbage (bags, receipts, water bottles...etc) drove to work this morning and now it sits in the parking lot being *****ted on due to the effn CDN Geese. :cry:

Going to show my car some love this weekend... vacuum and a quick dusting of the interior.

Bob Bobbles Nov 14, 2008 08:21 AM

I drove it to work and parked it in the company's parking lot.

Maybe I'll start it up and drive it home tonight.

OverclockN' Nov 14, 2008 08:31 AM

I done think this thread is going as planned. Not enough people here actually do things to their cars. :lol:

Elysian Nov 14, 2008 08:47 AM

my post disappeared from this thread... pretty disappointing.

**G.I.BRO** Nov 14, 2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335689351)
I done think this thread is going as planned. Not enough people here actually do things to their cars. :lol:

Oh my bad... i farted in it today. :bleh:

But yes... i dont think enough people do actual car work so i guess this thread went a little awol. :heart:

squid Nov 14, 2008 09:11 AM

got a new head unit and some speakers, polished the bonnet

greasyhands Nov 14, 2008 05:57 PM

I work on cars all day long, so I looked at mine and said "Hell no". :runaway:

NissanNazi Nov 14, 2008 06:07 PM

The Lightning stayed in the garage. The wife drove the Porsche to work. I installed EBC pads on all four corners of my Cobra.

Shadowless Nov 14, 2008 06:19 PM

Still waiting on my MAF adapter, as I stare at the brand new cone filter in my cargo area....

Greasy Nov 14, 2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRimm862 (Post 1335688892)
Aftermarket or stock?

I've got an 06 G35 Sedan 6MT. Has the same engine the 350 did, but the intake on the G has a baffle to cut down on noise. Picked up a replacement from Stillen that's pretty much just a piece of hollow plastic. :lol:

Edit: maybe I should put something in that tube that sounds like a turbo spooling up, so that more civics will race me. :P

I want to put the stillen gen 2 exhaust on it, but I don't think that's gonna fly with the wife right about now. Hell I want to put that stage three charger on it too while I'm dreaming. :lol:

Nice job on that valve cover btw.

OverclockN' Nov 14, 2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Edit: maybe I should put something in that tube that sounds like a turbo spooling up, so that more civics will race me. :P
That's rice!! :lol: :D

I got the Vette out today finally, first time I've driven it in a month. Felt great, and she was running mean as hell with this nice cold air. Why is it that everybody on a sports bike wants to race me on the freeway? :lol:

Tomorrow is the Meguiars sponsored detail event, should be fun.

-=Antimatter=- Nov 14, 2008 09:44 PM

I washed my windows today :cool:

I need a wax job before the real winter starts....but I don't have time to do it myself...

Quickstrike Nov 14, 2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335690251)
Why is it that everybody on a sports bike wants to race me on the freeway? :lol:

Because they know the average Corvette owner will take the bait and get owned :lol:.

Cowzrul Nov 14, 2008 11:49 PM

Put gas in it for $1.89/gallon. Tomorrow I'll change the oil.

sittal Nov 15, 2008 02:09 AM

took my car 40 miles to school
went to subway after my second class, then to a friends house to eat.
went back to school
drove 40 miles home
went to girlfriends house

some lady in a jag (on a phone) hit my mirror with her mirror, i honked and wanted her info, she sped off and i lost her in traffic. didnt get her plates, too many people around.

squid Nov 15, 2008 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335689034)
Yeah, the picture is rather small and blurry...but it definitely looks good to me. I can't knock anyone's work, I was too scared to paint mine as I wanted it absolutely flawless for all the car shows it was in the past year. I was really pissed off when I got one of the pieces with scuff marks and scratches all over it. They were custom ordered and painted too, so it was nearly 5 weeks until I recieved the replacement. :mad:

Congrats for having the balls to do it yourself though, I was dumb enough to shell out quite a bit of cash to have mine professionally painted. :(

i polished mine on my old car. took me forever to sand it back and polish it up nice and shiny, and then it was impossible to keep clean. never doing that again

OverclockN' Nov 15, 2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 1335690582)
i polished mine on my old car. took me forever to sand it back and polish it up nice and shiny, and then it was impossible to keep clean. never doing that again

Never had a problem keeping mine clean. They get dusty now and again, but a quick wipe down with your choice of quick wax and they are good for another month or so. It might depend entirely upon the paint used and the methods used to paint it too maybe. Mine is actually painted with the same paint code and materials as my exterior paint.

ice Nov 15, 2008 11:29 AM

I kicked it on the way out to get the mail :bleh: