Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's a good TV series to watch episodes back-to-back... (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33878345)

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 12:02 PM

What's a good TV series to watch episodes back-to-back...

Just got done watching season one of Dexter (can't wait til' S02)... and am in the process of getting ready to watch Lost :bleh: from begining to end (have never seen a single episode).

So, what other series out there would be good to watch back-to-back.

EDIT: Updated list of shows I've either seen or am not interested in:

Sapranos (seen)
Deadwood (seen)
Rome (seen)
Firefly (seen)
Heroes (watching)
24 ( added to que after many, many, many recomendations :D )
House (not interested)
Alias (not interested)
Battlestar Galactica (added to que ... thanx Ratchet)
Arrested Development (seen)
Band of Brothers (added to que ... thanx Matrix0507)
Entourage (seen)
The Wire (seen)
Sex and the City (seen)
Six Feet Under (seen)
The Shield (added to que ... thanx Mr_Skinny)
The Office (seen)
Intervention (seen)
Blade the Series (not interested)
Scrubs (seen)
The 4400 (added to que ... thanx deaderthanred)
Family Guy (seen)
X-Files (not interested)
Star Trek (not interested - this goes for all ST/and ST spin-off series)
ER (not interested)
Boston Legal (seen)
Everybody Loves Raymond (seen)
Frasier (seen)
Seinfeld (seen)
Friends (seen)

Ratchet Jan 3, 2007 12:07 PM

Lost will own you. Hard.

Then watch Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Alias, Prison Break, Heroes, etc.

caveman-jim Jan 3, 2007 12:12 PM

House.

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratchet (Post 1334735532)
Lost will own you. Hard.

Have seen Firefly ...... can't believe the bastards cancelled it :mad: and have been watching Heroes.

Battlestar Galactica! forgot all about that one.... *adds to que* :bleh:

;)

bounty_hunter Jan 3, 2007 12:21 PM

umm arrested development duh :P

its a series where you gaiun more by watching the episodes back to back because they use jokes from previous episodes sometimes..it really is a brilliant series.

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman-jim (Post 1334735543)
House.

just looking at that guy in the commercials pisses me off :lol:

and the only hospital drama I've ever been able to get into is Scrubs

:bleh:

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounty_hunter (Post 1334735554)
umm arrested development duh :P

its a series where you gaiun more by watching the episodes back to back because they use jokes from previous episodes sometimes..it really is a brilliant series.

adding to my list of 'seens' ..... that was a great show tho.

Matrix0507 Jan 3, 2007 12:25 PM

Band of Brothers was made for TV. Watched all 10 eps back to back twice on diff days.

Edit: Intervention is one of the best shows on television right now. There is no plot line, just addicts thinking they are doing a show on addiction then being confronted with an intervention.

Edit 2: wow, I can't believe nobody mentioned The Office (US version) yet <--frickin fantastic

Hannibal Lecter Jan 3, 2007 12:27 PM

Entourage
The Wire
Prison Break

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix0507 (Post 1334735560)
Band of Brothers was made for TV. Watched all 10 eps back to back twice on diff days.

Edit: Intervention is one of the best shows on television right now. There is no plot line, just addicts thinking they are doing a show on addiction then being confronted with an intervention.

watched it when it originally aired.... but that was a while ago... think i'll add that one to que as well

;)

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 1334735564)
Entourage
The Wire
Prison Break

have seen Entourage and The Wire... Entourage is THE ****!

hmmm.. that's a couple votes for Prison Break... just doesn't appeal to me enought yet tho..

Mr_Skinny Jan 3, 2007 12:31 PM

The Shield.

dreamwalker Jan 3, 2007 12:35 PM

The Office :D

lumpyhed Jan 3, 2007 12:36 PM

Blade the series. Quite good with hawt vampiresses :yes:

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix0507 (Post 1334735560)

Edit 2: wow, I can't believe nobody mentioned The Office (US version) yet <--frickin fantastic

adding both to my list as (seen) :lol:

and yes... intervention is AWESOME! ..... it gets especially intense around the house when it's on cuz my wife is a psychologist and she's very much into it :up:

Payne3d Jan 3, 2007 12:38 PM

i've been watching scrubs from the beginning. good show. "high five!"

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumpyhed (Post 1334735583)
Blade the series. Quite good with hawt vampiresses :yes:

watched the first few episodes and just couldn't get into it... :(

hot vamp chix ftw tho !

Matrix0507 Jan 3, 2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal or Death (Post 1334735584)
adding both to my list as (seen) :lol:

and yes... intervention is AWESOME! ..... it gets especially intense around the house when it's on cuz my wife is a psychologist and she's very much into it :up:

Yea, Intervention always has a special place on my HTPC PVR :) btw, my gf is studying to be a psychologist.... am I Metal or Death junior?

lol I'm 23 :bleh:

SilentBunny Jan 3, 2007 01:00 PM

Dexter would be my first suggestion in reply to the topic (AWESOME series), but you're already a fan :D

The 4400 is another series i'd recommend for watching back-to-back.. awesome storyline and character development :)

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaderthanred (Post 1334735625)
Dexter would be my first suggestion in reply to the topic (AWESOME series), but you're already a fan :D

The 4400 is another series i'd recommend for watching back-to-back.. awesome storyline and character development :)

damn ... i remember hearing that was good a couple of years ago does it still come on or is it over..... either way i'm adding it to que :D

GravY Jan 3, 2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratchet (Post 1334735532)
Lost will own you. Hard.

LOST LOST and LOST..

lumpyhed Jan 3, 2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal or Death (Post 1334735592)
watched the first few episodes and just couldn't get into it... :(

hot vamp chix ftw tho !

It picks up dont worry, well worth your time :D

dohcmark8 Jan 3, 2007 01:09 PM

House....

Ignore the promos... watch an ep and you will be hooked... it not a normal medical drama.. you will grow to love House's character...

SilentBunny Jan 3, 2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal or Death (Post 1334735634)
damn ... i remember hearing that was good a couple of years ago does it still come on or is it over..... either way i'm adding it to que :D

:D
there're 3 seasons of it so far (currently on hold while they work on season 4).. the first two seasons are abit hard to "acquire" for watching now, but they're released on dvd, so probably rent-able if you can't find it online

caveman-jim Jan 3, 2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dohcmark8 (Post 1334735645)
House....

Ignore the promos... watch an ep and you will be hooked... it not a normal medical drama.. you will grow to love House's character...

It's not just a drama, theres some good comedy in there too. And you can't go by the promo's, they don't do it justice - when House first aired I saw a promo and thought :bleh: but when it won an award, I thought it worth checking out... now I have every episode in HDTV widescreen :)* :yes:

Soulkrusha Jan 3, 2007 01:36 PM

you guys are beating deadwhores on the House thing... I'm simply not interested and short of putting a gun to my head there's nothing gunna change my mind on that one..... well, i guess if they added hardcore lezbo prOn to each episode I'd prolly watch :D

thanks for the effort tho ;)

Matrix0507 Jan 3, 2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal or Death (Post 1334735680)
you guys are beating deadwhores on the House thing... I'm simply not interested and short of putting a gun to my head there's nothing gunna change my mind on that one..... well, i guess if they added hardcore lezbo prOn to each episode I'd prolly watch :D

thanks for the effort tho ;)

You could always watch House ;)

Edit: I watched Juice last night and the little hoodie that was Tupac's friend grew up to be the black doctor in House! haha

sittal Jan 3, 2007 01:49 PM

another vote for house, do it!
ever see Rome? quite good except for the occasional wang. but thar be womansches as well

Blasphemer Jan 3, 2007 01:53 PM

I know its only one series of it, but i recommend "Life on Mars" UK show, great programme. I sat and watched the whole series in one day and can't wait for series 2.

SpeeDC Jan 3, 2007 01:58 PM

lol, No mentions of Nip/Tuck?

It's a damn addictive show that I think you really have to start watching to get into it. From what I heard/saw previews of I wasn't interested in it. Then I caught an episode and was pretty much hooked. Great show.