Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   RGB madness (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34050642)

KAC Feb 18, 2020 03:47 PM

RGB madness

I am trying to go full RGB on my putter. For this I need 4 RGB fans of 120 mm and 2 RGB fans of 140 mm. Not sure which is the best set of fans to replace with but prices are insane to go full on gay. What fans are you gays using and why? I need 3 120 mm to move air through my Corsair H150i so they have to be good.

Also these mofos need to be silent af.

Right now I am hovering between Corsair HD (cheap) vs Corsair SP (reasonable price) vs Corsair ML and LL (expensive). I also don’t know the difference between ML and LL.

Thoughts?

Here is a shot of the computer thus far.

gamefoo21 Feb 18, 2020 04:06 PM

I'd only go for the upper end Corsair fans based on my personal experience.

Are you going RGB or aRGB?

KAC Feb 18, 2020 04:11 PM

I don’t know what RGB vs aRGB means. Upper end Corsair fans seem to have lower CFM than SP and HD fans. Is that a problem?

gamefoo21 Feb 18, 2020 04:33 PM

It's addressable RGB.

The trade off with the SP and HD fans is noise and lifetime.

Megaman Feb 18, 2020 07:10 PM

I'd go with Corsair.

My setup consists of 4 140mm PWM fans at the top and back. The H150i fans are stock and hidden between radiator and front case so didn't do RGB there. You should look into front mounting that radiator for better flow.

Fan differences come down to the bearings used and type of RGB, addressable or not etc..

LL series fans are old now, but the rainbow lighting mode goes well with the default G skill ram rainbow mode. I'd look into either the LL series or ML.

You'll be able to control all the RGB/fan speed using iCue now (needs commander pro), with the exception of the RAM and GPU. Everything else including RGB strips work. I'm not sure G Skill RAM is coming to iCue but it has improved the overall control a bit.

the_sextein Feb 18, 2020 07:16 PM

I would recommend trading your maid for a male stripper. He would compliment that computer far more than any fans ever could.;)

acroig Feb 18, 2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_sextein (Post 1338176964)
I would recommend trading your maid for a male stripper. He would compliment that computer far more than any fans ever could.;)

Brutal!

Hapatingjaky Feb 18, 2020 08:24 PM

Corsair ML, quiet as ****. Its what I use in mine.

6x Corsair ML120's on the Radiator in push/pull.

4x Corsair ML140's exhaust, 3 in the top one on the back.

I've also got two corsair commanders controlling everything, basically I just set the pump to max on the LCS and all the fans in the system are set to the lowest possible RPM.

I think its time to start an RGB war.

Who can out RGB who.

the_sextein Feb 18, 2020 08:36 PM

I agree with hapa, that sounds like a great idea. You guys should meet in person and compare machines. It's not gay as long as your power supplies don't touch.:lol:

Megaman Feb 18, 2020 08:43 PM

The whole idea should revolve around us holding our cases on our shoulders with full RGB bling on show, like the old school 80s breakdown theme, and dance around in a circle see who can out do each other.......

I'll see myself out!

KAC Feb 18, 2020 09:34 PM

RGB strips. Mega gay you really are gay lol.
I see this ML 3 fan box for about 120 bones. Is that the one you gays talking about?

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-co-90...quicklink=true

Megaman Feb 18, 2020 09:47 PM

Yes....because strips are a whole different kettle of fish to what this thread is trying to achieve :lol:

the_sextein Feb 18, 2020 10:05 PM

Depends on what you mean by "strips" and what kind of "hardware" is being compared.:manches: KAC did say he wanted to go full RGB on is "putter". In fact, that is the first thing he typed when he started this thread:lol:

KAC Feb 18, 2020 10:56 PM

Yeah the level of gay gonna be crazy. Btw I am OK with not having synced RGB. Coz that like more disco in my rig when they don’t sync.

Gandalfthewhite Feb 18, 2020 11:07 PM

EK-Vardar X3M 120ER D-RGB high static pressure and a solid PWM range they are dead silent at 800 rpm they also have a 140mm version. and have hookup cables to make my it easy to hook all the fans up to one RGB control header.

KAC Feb 18, 2020 11:22 PM

I wouldn’t touch EK products again. They are flaky and a bunch of thieves.

demo Feb 19, 2020 09:01 AM

I bought a bunch of expensive Corsair ML RGB fans and LED strips only to realise I hate RGB and run them all white...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338176997)

Yeh honestly I had a heap of Vardar fans on my last watercooled build and I think out of 8 fans, 2 died, and another 2 or 3 the bearings started to whine after around 8 months. Perhaps a dodgey batch, but bleh never EK fans again.

Never had an issue with their water blocks or fittings though, so I'll keep using them.

KAC Feb 19, 2020 09:38 AM

Had issues with Predator twice and second time they gave me the out of warranty bullshit after the pump died exactly 1 month after warranty expired.

Back to this thread. I think I will do RGB next month when I have some cash.

KAC Feb 19, 2020 10:46 AM

Btw the other option is that I have 3 white LED fans lying around and I make the rad fans all white?

gamefoo21 Feb 19, 2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338176997)

I hear you there.

They had some serious attitude issues with me when I had issues. The build quality of their gear is seriously lacking for the price.

I actually had to warranty a block and backplate because of the crap machining. The included thermal pads are horrid, no included instructions or even a link printed on a slip.

They also can't make decent coolants to save their lives it seems.

EK basically called me a liar because it was impossible for me to get a bad block and plate.

Also EK has started farming a lot of their products from China recently. While still charging premiums.

acroig Feb 19, 2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338177053)
Btw the other option is that I have 3 white LED fans lying around and I make the rad fans all white?

Try it, WTF?

atomBomb Feb 19, 2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338177053)

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338177089)
Try it, WTF?

KAC with his RGB rainbows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

the_sextein Feb 19, 2020 04:05 PM

I didn't have any problems with my old EK water loop which consisted of dual D5 pumps, reservoir, CPU block, 3 GPU blocks and 2 radiators. However, I did have problems with their Cryofuel coolant. I cleaned my system every 6 months but ended up getting some algae growth and ended up making my own mix from there on out. Total pain in the arse to flush the system and disassemble all of my blocks, replace my tubing ect.

Their varder fans worked ok for me. They are not as quiet at Noctua fans but if you buy the ones with a lower threshold you can usually get decent noise levels. I ended up going with all Noctua fans eventually though.

Evileh Feb 19, 2020 05:56 PM

clean up your wiring man lol

Hapatingjaky Feb 19, 2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evileh (Post 1338177119)

Its better then it was.

KAC Feb 19, 2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evileh (Post 1338177119)

Ain’t nobody got time for that.

KAC Feb 20, 2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338177089)
Try it, WTF?

Maybe will do this weekend.

acroig Feb 20, 2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338177200)
Maybe will do this weekend.

Cool.

Megaman Feb 20, 2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky (Post 1338176975)
I've also got two corsair commanders controlling everything, basically I just set the pump to max on the LCS and all the fans in the system are set to the lowest possible RPM.

I don't know how I should set up fan curves for mine. You say you have your 4 exhaust fans set on the lowest rpm? I got my 4 gradually increasing to 1600 rpm as the temps rise and it gets quite loud. Not sure if I should halve those to about 1000 rpm but I feel like they doing some serious exhausting as they are now, not quite sure.

How are your fan curves on those 4 fans? Are they flat or do they gradually increase?

Hapatingjaky Feb 20, 2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaman (Post 1338177280)
I don't know how I should set up fan curves for mine. You say you have your 4 exhaust fans set on the lowest rpm? I got my 4 gradually increasing to 1600 rpm as the temps rise and it gets quite loud. Not sure if I should halve those to about 1000 rpm but I feel like they doing some serious exhausting as they are now, not quite sure.

How are your fan curves on those 4 fans? Are they flat or do they gradually increase?

I just set quiet in I-Poo and then uninstall it.