Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Console Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official Nintendo Switch Discussion (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34033501)

ShaidarHaran Jan 12, 2017 08:47 PM

Still a little bit until the event, but leaks this close aren't often wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...?client=safari

Hate to say I told you so but... ;)

dmanna Jan 12, 2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran (Post 1337941175)
Still a little bit until the event, but leaks this close aren't often wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...?client=safari

Hate to say I told you so but... ;)

300 bucks.. ouch. I mean if I wanted it I would buy it but I don't want it. They should release the Switch at 250.. its the better business move. I think its a bust anyway but I didn't realize Nintendo's business lost 50 billion dollars.. or market value of the company. The Wii U hit them really hard.

If this Flops I think Nintendo is going to most likely stop making consoles.

ShaidarHaran Jan 12, 2017 09:36 PM

I have friends that are hardcore Nintendo fans and they think this thing is going to be $400-450 because that's the range the XBONE and PS4 launched at. Trying to explain why they're wrong but they're not terribly technically-minded so it's not really working. Guess they'll see in half an hour.

Greasy Jan 12, 2017 09:43 PM

I think this thing is going to bomb hard if they're asking 300 bucks for it.

Sasquach Jan 12, 2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmanna (Post 1337941186)
300 bucks.. ouch. I mean if I wanted it I would buy it but I don't want it. They should release the Switch at 250.. its the better business move. I think its a bust anyway but I didn't realize Nintendo's business lost 50 billion dollars.. or market value of the company. The Wii U hit them really hard.

If this Flops I think Nintendo is going to most likely stop making consoles.

They just cant break from tradition which is why they keep doing stupid things.
-Online isn't up to par, and they think its all about Miiverse like stuff.....
-Hardware isn't up to par, but they don't want to sell at a loss.
-Hardware needs some random gimmick because Wii.
-Hardware always has some significant drawback that pushes dev's away...and its not the power levels (using cartridges when CD's have boatloads more space, proprietary disc when DVD's have tons more space)
-Seemingly shun the 3rd parties because 'our way or the highway'

But it might have a chance if theres actually third party support.

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 10:03 PM

$300 announced. This will be fine as long as they respond to market demand... They need to be prepared to drop the price for Christmas if sales are not up to expectations.

Sasquach Jan 12, 2017 10:03 PM

-$300 US
-No region lock
-MARIO KART 8 BATTLE MODE! (shown in the demo videos while talking about the switch)
-USB type c charging, 2-6hr battery life
-I feel bad for big American hands, those joycon look tiny as hell lol. Apparently you can record videos from the joycons....
"sharing the joy...." good god that's terrible lol
-joycons also available in various colors. Joycon strap has a sliding attachment that has L/R buttons. Theres motion/vibration. Seems like its going to be pretty accurate in its abilities.
-Super cheesy showdown video introducing "1-2 SWITCH", which appears to be Switch's version of Wii-sports. seems like its based highly on the motion functionality of the joycons. looks to be a good party game. You pretty much have a showdown against another player without looking at the screen.
-super cheesy video introducing a pretty interesting looking punch out/boxing-ish like game with extendo arms, called "ARMS"
-"SPLATOON 2" New weapons, new stages, new squid, new control methods, networkability with other switches and not just online. Not a launch title.
-"SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY"....looks to be open world, and has real world elements in it (which seems weird)....and boomerang hat lol. Not a launch title.
-"XENOBLADE 2" looks to be similar to Xenoblade Chronicles style not Xenoblade Chronicles X.
-"FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS"
-"DRAGON QUEST 10, 11, HEROES"
-"SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI" by Atlus, powered by Unreal engine 4.
-Project Octopath traveler (Some square-enix RPG)
-Sega is making stuff (the guy introduced himself and quickly left lol)
-"SKYRIM" is confirmed.
-"NO MORE HEROES 3?" (Travis touchdown will be back in an untitled game)
-EA is up lets see what port they put on it. looks like a FIFA game.
-game showreel, I saw street fighter 2, tetris, bomberman, something that looked like FZERO.....
-And theres Breath of the Wild Switch. And it looks like its the launch title.

Cyko Jan 12, 2017 10:04 PM

Yikes....$300.

Dunno about ordering at that price.

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 10:07 PM

Motion controls and touch screen confirmed.

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 10:09 PM

Battery life is low. 2.5 - 6 hours, depending on game.

TenFour Jan 12, 2017 10:17 PM

Wasn't expecting these new controller features. Could be put to great use. Optical recognition camera in the place where the Wiimote sensor was could be very interesting. But this also the kind of stuff that doesn't excite third party devs

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 10:21 PM

1 2 Switch looks stupid. There, I said it.

Cyko Jan 12, 2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubCog (Post 1337941206)
1 2 Switch looks stupid. There, I said it.

As does ARMS.

REALLY not impressing with this presentation.

Sasquach Jan 12, 2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 1337941205)
Wasn't expecting these new controller features. Could be put to great use. Optical recognition camera in the place where the Wiimote sensor was could be very interesting. But this also the kind of stuff that doesn't excite third party devs

Loads of crappy shovelware confirmed!

ElBerryKM13 Jan 12, 2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubCog (Post 1337941204)
Battery life is low. 2.5 - 6 hours, depending on game.

Translation: 2 hours average of battery life.

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 10:32 PM

Splatoon is not a launch game, nor a pack-in (as some rumors were suggesting).

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 10:36 PM

Mario Odyssey also not a launch game. And it's open world... I'm skeptical about this one... reminds me a bit of Mario Sunshine.

New Mario art style... I'm thinkin' I don't like it so much. Maybe I'll get used to it? But his mustache looks dumb.

Cyko Jan 12, 2017 10:38 PM

So the game I want (mario) doesn't come out till xmas 2017?

Guess I know when I'm picking the system up...on sale.

TenFour Jan 12, 2017 10:38 PM

Only way 1 2 Switch is going to sell is if it's a pack-in or comes with a free controller like Wii Play.

TenFour Jan 12, 2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubCog (Post 1337941212)
Mario Odyssey also not a launch game. And it's open world... I'm skeptical about this one... reminds me a bit of Mario Sunshine.

New Mario art style... I'm thinkin' I don't like it so much. Maybe I'll get used to it? But his mustache looks dumb.

So weird to mix him with people that are of more realistic proportions. I otherwise kind of dig the graphics though.

|MaguS| Jan 12, 2017 10:42 PM

Lol, it's dead on arrival. 2.5-6 hour battery at 720p for $300. ****ing get out Nintendo.

night Jan 12, 2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubCog (Post 1337941212)

Sadly, my first thought was also Sunshine....

Cyko Jan 12, 2017 10:45 PM

So WTF is out at launch? What is the draw to buy it day one??? Have they mentioned the launch lineup yet???

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 10:46 PM

Wow the Sega non-announcement was dumb. At least we get Skyrim.

Grannus Jan 12, 2017 10:53 PM

that was disappointing....

night Jan 12, 2017 10:53 PM

I don't understand the right side control with the analog stick so far into the middle. I expect a nightmare for using it as a single control/2nd player and can't figure out how you don't hit the stick while trying to push the buttons when its connected as a single control.

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 10:55 PM

Mario Kart with battlemode!

lazyx Jan 12, 2017 10:56 PM

Seems like its catering to the Japanese market a little bit too much.I have no doubt it will be the number selling console\handheld in japan.

Sasquach Jan 12, 2017 10:58 PM

Its got my attention, but I don't see myself picking this thing up anytime soon.

SubCog Jan 12, 2017 11:02 PM

Sounds like they're about to announce that they'll launch with Zelda.

edit: Confirmed.