Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Everspace 2 (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34049838)

acroig Aug 19, 2019 08:09 PM

Everspace 2
 
EVERSPACE™ 2 is a fast-paced single-player space shooter with deep exploration, tons of loot and RPG elements. Set in a persistent open world, it is driven by a captivating sci-fi story that picks up shortly after the events of the predecessor. More at https://everspace.game.


Destroy Aug 19, 2019 08:52 PM

Nice trailer, great music.
So many space games, this one is too arcadey for my taste. Is there even cockpit view?

I'll continue with Evochron Legacy instead.

xCLAVEx Aug 19, 2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 1338148730)
Nice trailer, great music.
So many space games, this one is too arcadey for my taste. Is there even cockpit view?

I'll continue with Evochron Legacy instead.

If it's anything like the first one, yes. And the Everspace games are different in that you progress by dying. Yep, you level up by dying. Sounds weird, but it works.

theshadowcult Aug 19, 2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 1338148730)
Nice trailer, great music.
So many space games, this one is too arcadey for my taste. Is there even cockpit view?

I'll continue with Evochron Legacy instead.

Evochron is a better space game, everspace is great, but its a rogue like, not really a space game.... kind of. It is awesome to see a second ne though.

Vanz_007 Aug 19, 2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCLAVEx (Post 1338148735)
you level up by dying. Sounds weird, but it works.

what??

that sounds super stupid...

xCLAVEx Aug 20, 2019 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanz_007 (Post 1338148749)
what??

that sounds super stupid...

It's actually refreshing. You try to stay alive as much as possible, but you can only progress so much per run. As you fight and find stuff, you gain money which you can use to upgrade your ship...after you die.

The story line of the game makes sense actually, and it doesn't penalize you for dying...it rewards you. It's quite fun for quick matches when you don't have a lot of time (or if you do you can do several). And yes, it plays right at home with mouse and keyboard.

Crawdaddy79 Aug 20, 2019 02:55 AM

Persistent open world and not procedurally generated? I think I'm there.

In before Epic steals it .

I did not appreciate the grind that Everspace 1 required, but I think with a hand-crafted persistent world, it will hold my interest for quite a bit longer.

Eisberg Aug 20, 2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCLAVEx (Post 1338148735)
If it's anything like the first one, yes. And the Everspace games are different in that you progress by dying. Yep, you level up by dying. Sounds weird, but it works.

While that is true for the first game, I don't think the second game is going for the rogue-lite game play this time like the first game.. They are going for the open world, space trading, space mercenary, exploration, with RPG elements game this time around.

xCLAVEx Aug 21, 2019 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisberg (Post 1338148904)
While that is true for the first game, I don't think the second game is going for the rogue-lite game play this time like the first game.. They are going for the open world, space trading, space mercenary, exploration, with RPG elements game this time around.

That's quite a radical departure from the first one. Still, sounds like it could be fun as these guys know what they are doing.

theshadowcult Aug 21, 2019 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisberg (Post 1338148904)
While that is true for the first game, I don't think the second game is going for the rogue-lite game play this time like the first game.. They are going for the open world, space trading, space mercenary, exploration, with RPG elements game this time around.

Where did you get that idea from?

Eisberg Aug 21, 2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338148916)
Where did you get that idea from?

Reading the store page is what lead me to believe that
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1128920/EVERSPACE_2/

and just now I read this from the developer:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/11289...73545694733874

Quote:

Everspace 2 won't be a roguelike/roguelite

DeathKnight Aug 21, 2019 04:16 PM

If it's a departure from the game mechanics of the first game I'm all for it. The whole live die repeat thing to progress was a big turn off for me.

acroig Aug 21, 2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathKnight (Post 1338149069)
If it's a departure from the game mechanics of the first game I'm all for it. The whole live die repeat thing to progress was a big turn off for me.

Ditto.

theshadowcult Aug 21, 2019 05:54 PM

hmm, both cool and lame i guess.

KAC Aug 24, 2019 02:00 AM

I am down pumping Everspace to try it out. Thank you XBOX game pass.

Evileh Aug 24, 2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338149458)
I am down pumping Everspace to try it out. Thank you XBOX game pass.

Yeah I installed it as well

KAC Aug 24, 2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evileh (Post 1338149490)
Yeah I installed it as well

Started playing it. Was bored after 3-4 attempts lol. Glad I don’t pay for this crap.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com