Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Tablet time, no rotten Apple products please (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34047885)

Destroy Jul 28, 2018 08:57 AM

Tablet time, no rotten Apple products please
 
I have really come to loath my iPad 2. Not because its (now) slow but because of the forced and locked down way it makes you do things.

You know it won't let you simple delete photos and videos off the stupid thing? You must do it through iTunes. Grrrrr.

Anyway...

So looking for:
  • <$400
  • ~10inch
  • super fast browsing
  • very light weight
  • long battery life
  • must have usb/thumb drive capability to transfer any files

Munkus Jul 28, 2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 1338082692)
So looking for:
  • <$400
  • ~10inch
  • super fast browsing
  • very light weight
  • long battery life
  • must have usb/thumb drive capability to transfer any files

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 meets most of that criteria. No USB exactly, but it does have a removable SD card. Or simply plug the whole thing into your computer with an USB-C cable and access the file system directly. If the S3 is too pricey, go for the S2. Costco sells them for around $329 IIRC.

Destroy Jul 28, 2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkus (Post 1338082696)
Does such a beast exist?

That's why I ask in here. Tech heads know everything.

Oh, and it must have an 'instant wake' feature.

Munkus Jul 28, 2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 1338082698)
That's why I ask in here. Tech heads know everything.

Oh, and it must have an 'instant wake' feature.

Yeah, I actually thought about it more and deleted my question.

Lazy8s Jul 28, 2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkus (Post 1338082696)
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 meets most of that criteria. No USB exactly, but it does have a removable SD card. Or simply plug the whole thing into your computer with an USB-C cable and access the file system directly. If the S3 is too pricey, go for the S2. Costco sells them for around $329 IIRC.

That doesn't look bad at all. I'm missing the convenience of a tablet and will not do crapple either.

Destroy Jul 28, 2018 07:18 PM

Samsung looks great but too much money.

I ended up going with a Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8in for $339 at Newegg.com

bill dennison Jul 28, 2018 07:39 PM

I have a ipad 2 and mini 4 and lots of android tablets
samsung nooks to a samsung 12.2

up your game and just go to a Surface Pro I did


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com