Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   UK Internal connector from 9800SE to motherboard (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33754580)

scfisher Apr 21, 2004 03:39 AM

UK Internal connector from 9800SE to motherboard
I have a 9800SE all in wonder installed in motherboard (Asus a7n8x-e).

to get sound coming out of speakers when using TV etc i need to have a
lead going from audio output from back of pc to line in socket.

All seems a bit messy to me and i was wondering if there was something i could to do internally which will allow sound.

There is an "audio out" header on the card which i would have thought
should connect to "CD In" or "Aux" on the motherboard. Using this internal connector would also allow me to have surround sound all the time as the "line in" socket is required by the speakers for surround sound

However the connectors does not seem the right size.

Can anyone tell me what connector i need and where i could buy one in UK?


Steve Fisher

SciDoctor Apr 21, 2004 04:32 AM

The connector cable is the one that is the standard for connecting CD-Rom drives sound out to sound cards.

You probably have one already if you check your box of computer spares.

If you check your 9800se AIW you will probably see two possible connectors just above the Tuner can .

You need to use the smaller white one which has four pins in it and not the bigger 8pin one (if it is on your card).

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com