Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Upcoming changes to CSS (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33864149)

Scott Aug 12, 2006 01:02 AM

Upcoming changes to CSS

Soon, we'll be releasing the first in a series of updates to Counter-Strike: Source which will be focused on moving the core Counter-Strike gameplay forward.

The first update will include an updated version of the map Train, which will feature an HDR lighting pass, some minor layout changes, and a number of small bugfixes.

The second facet of this release will be a completely reworked radar system. There will be a significant change to the aesthetics of the radar, but there are also some fairly significant gameplay ramifications to the new system. One example: when you look directly at an enemy for a long enough time for their name to appear on your screen, everyone on your team will be able to see that enemy in the radar. We're planning on releasing this first update in about two weeks

I love the idea of placing the identified enemy on everyone else's radar. Yeah, it may seem like a detraction for purists, but it's the kind of thing I'd be able to do better myself if I had a third hand.

The kind of thing I'd be able to do better myself if I had a third hand.... :D

Audi2Honda Aug 12, 2006 01:31 AM

sounds cool....i think....i need to play it to see.

wizpig64 Aug 12, 2006 05:45 AM

i already posted this: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...8&postcount=22

:P

Audi2Honda Aug 12, 2006 05:56 AM

that looks good

Tanquen2000 Aug 12, 2006 01:50 PM

Sweet!

Scott Aug 12, 2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizpig64 (Post 1334500668)

If you didn't hide it in a thread like that, I'd have noticed. ;)

wizpig64 Aug 25, 2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Counter-Strike: Source was updated this afternoon with several new features, including a re-vamped in-game radar system and a new version of the map Train (now featuring HDR lighting), along with a few other changes. Fire the game up now to check out the new map and features.
Quote:

Counter-Strike: Source Update Released
August 24, 2006, 2:10 pm - Jason Ruymen
Updates to Counter-Strike: Source have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Counter-Strike: Source
  • The radar display has been enhanced
  • de_train has received a High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting treatment, as well as some bug fixes and layout tweaks
  • The player's eye height while crouching now matches their in-game player model eye position more closely
  • SourceTV now shows the weapon in first-person view
  • SourceTV supports the tv_transmitall command
  • Assorted exploit fixes
  • Mani is gay so we broke it.

Scott Aug 25, 2006 12:50 AM

Yeah, ****ers broke mani. Again. :mad:

Evileh Aug 25, 2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 1334523635)
Yeah, ****ers broke mani. Again. :mad:

Yulp they did. Oh well, we can't even get our server to work... :cry: No mani is better than nothing, it (the serber) was booming a couple of hours after the css update. Me and yogert were on there for a good hour and a half or more. Good times good times, reminded me of the old days. Still wish I could have kicked people cause they were being ass hats by being vulgar and rude. I warned them they are lucky that mani is down and I can't kick them. They shut up really quick lol...

Scott Aug 25, 2006 01:58 AM

You can always use rcon.

Evileh Aug 25, 2006 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 1334523708)
You can always use rcon.

Oh yeah forgot about that in Hlsw.. I'm dumb lol!!!

sittal Aug 25, 2006 11:11 AM

the crouching is awesome.

Scott Aug 25, 2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Genius (Post 1334524145)
Oh yeah forgot about that in Hlsw.. I'm dumb lol!!!

Command window if you're already ingame.

wizpig64 Aug 25, 2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Genius (Post 1334524145)
I'm dumb lol!!!

:D yay, i have a new spray!

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.