Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Coming to PC and Mac this Fall (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33949515)

nomore Jul 24, 2009 10:21 PM

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Coming to PC and Mac this Fall

Aspyr's release of the blockbuster action game will pack new stages and bonus content.

Aspyr Media and LucasArts will bring the hit game Star Wars?: The Force Unleashed™ to PC and Mac gamers for the first time ever with the release of Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition this Fall. Developed for PC and Mac and published in North America by Aspyr, Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition combines the original Star Wars The Force Unleashed videogame with three new levels set in iconic Star Wars locales and a host of new costumes and character models. This special edition of the game will show players the deepest, darkest side of the Force in a story that puts them on a collision course with Luke Skywalker himself.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force and casts players as Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice," unveiling new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy seen through the eyes of this mysterious new character, who is armed with unprecedented powers. Originally released on multiple platforms in September 2008, the game quickly became the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever, and has since sold six million units worldwide.

About The Extra Content
The first of the three additional single-player missions included in the Ultimate Sith Edition is set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant. In this mission, Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons.

The second extra mission continues the story of The Force Unleashed in a new "Infinities" storyline that takes the Star Wars Saga in an entirely new direction. The level begins at the end of the story of The Force Unleashed and re-imagines the Star Wars Saga as if the Secret Apprentice had taken Darth Vader's place at the Emperor's side, becoming the most powerful Sith Lord in the universe. The story picks up as the Emperor sends his new apprentice to Tatooine to dispatch Obi-Wan Kenobi – who has been hiding on the planet ever since the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. During their hunt for the reclusive Jedi, players will also explore the depths of Jabba the Hutt's palace and encounter notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett.

The final new level concludes the "Infinities" storyline set up in the Tatooine mission, as the Secret Apprentice is sent to the planet Hoth on a crusade to crush the Rebellion once and for all. While on Hoth, players face Luke Skywalker himself while visiting iconic locations seen in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.

Additional added content includes new costumes for the Secret Apprentice and new character models that allow gamers to play as one of many legendary Star Wars characters including Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Count Dooku, Jango Fett and C-3PO.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1007464p1.html

Sweetz Jul 24, 2009 10:47 PM

Aspyr? Ugh, why the heck would Lucasarts partner with a horrible outfit like them?

Otherwise good news.

Destroy Jul 24, 2009 11:31 PM

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008...-coming-to-pc/ :bleh:

nomore Jul 24, 2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 1335959687)

lies lies lies :p

Jet Black Jul 24, 2009 11:42 PM

Obviously developers are seeing that the death of the PC was greatly exaggerated, and now they're trying to make up for their past mistakes.

As for Aspyr doing the port, I don't see why they would do a poor job... they may not have a lot of AAA titles on the PC, but they've ported loads of games to Mac and I'm pretty sure they've done a good job of it: http://www.aspyr.com/product/product_listing (Hint, sort by Platform).

Dragex Jul 25, 2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Black (Post 1335959695)
Obviously developers are seeing that the death of the PC was greatly exaggerated, and now they're trying to make up for their past mistakes.

Miiight wanna reread the thread. :lol:

Jet Black Jul 25, 2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragex (Post 1335959716)
Miiight wanna reread the thread. :lol:

I'm really tired right now, but what did I miss? SW:TFU is coming to PC, right? After LucasArts said there would not be a PC version? If that's not what the thread says, then I'm definitely going to bed because I must be more tired than I think :o

Anth Seebel Jul 25, 2009 12:38 AM

'developed for pc'.. i like ;)

vertual Jul 25, 2009 12:42 AM

Are they saying that you can play the game as C3PO?

Wonder how that will work...C3PO: The most powerful Sith Lord in the universe.

John C Flett Jul 25, 2009 12:54 AM

Nice to see we're getting a game that we were told would not be on the PC. Shame its not a better game. Hopefully more titles and developers will return to the PC but I wouldn't hope too much from one title.

KAC Jul 25, 2009 02:47 AM

Played this on the xbox and it was an amazing game. However, I wonder how it will fare on the PC since there is no multiplayer and stuff...

MadMartigan Jul 25, 2009 07:32 AM

Finally PC tech has become powerful enough to handle this game :lol:

Arghuin Jul 25, 2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMartigan (Post 1335959887)

:lol:

On a related note though, ABOUT DAMN TIME this game got released on the PC platform :drool::D

spindoctor Jul 25, 2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMartigan (Post 1335959887)

yea this part amused me too. their excuse for not releasing it on the pc the first time around was pathetic.

theshadowcult Jul 25, 2009 12:50 PM

anyone here who has both played the game already and is a star wars fan, the trailers and what i have heard from people make this game seem pretty ****ed up... i mean, does he really pull a star destroyer out of the sky?

sittal Jul 25, 2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1335960116)
anyone here who has both played the game already and is a star wars fan, the trailers and what i have heard from people make this game seem pretty ****ed up... i mean, does he really pull a star destroyer out of the sky?

I own the game on PS3, and am a rabid star wars fan.
That mission is the single most stupid mission in the history of gaming. I stopped playing for a week because it was so ****ing stupid.

theshadowcult Jul 25, 2009 01:48 PM

damn... that might kill it for me then... i mean seriously... Yoda, the Emperor, Darth Vader, Luke and Anakin combined couldn't bring down a ship that size... :/

I was really hoping what i heard was exaggerated :/

Dragex Jul 25, 2009 02:11 PM

Wow... none of you guys read. This was posted on this same thread:

Quote:

Edit – direct from LucasArts – “I can tell you definitively that there is no PC version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed planned. I would assume Vik was talking about a PC version of Digital Molecular Matter.”
Vik Sohal has also been in touch to say this is all nonsense. Heavy sigh. Apologies for the false alarm. I can promise you our source was absolutely convinced by what he told us, and that we’ve got a recording of the exact quote below (and can provide it to terrifying lawyers if necessary), but guess Vik Sohal just expressed it badly and our source got the wrong end of the stick.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008...-coming-to-pc/

nomore Jul 25, 2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetz (Post 1335959646)
Aspyr? Ugh, why the heck would Lucasarts partner with a horrible outfit like them?

Otherwise good news.

Quote:

As for Aspyr doing the port, I don't see why they would do a poor job... they may not have a lot of AAA titles on the PC, but they've ported loads of games to Mac and I'm pretty sure they've done a good job of it: http://www.aspyr.com/product/product_listing (Hint, sort by Platform).

ugh, that looks little bit ugly since it looks like they did Darksector for the PC and never supported the game after the release and fix the FOV issue.

spindoctor Jul 25, 2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragex (Post 1335960167)
Wow... none of you guys read. This was posted on this same thread:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008...-coming-to-pc/

you realize that comment is from september 2008 right?

Dragex Jul 25, 2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoctor (Post 1335960183)
you realize that comment is from september 2008 right?

Woopsy :bleh:

Damn you Destroy!

nomore Jul 25, 2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragex (Post 1335960199)
Woopsy :bleh:

Damn you Destroy!

:lol:
don't worry, he destroyed each one of us at least once. :bleh:

Mangler Jul 25, 2009 02:57 PM

I hope that the pc version isn't as buggy as the console versions, as I don't have any faith in aspyr fixing any bugs after the game is released

Jet Black Jul 25, 2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomore (Post 1335960174)
ugh, that looks little bit ugly since it looks like they did Darksector for the PC and never supported the game after the release and fix the FOV issue.

True, but it's not like they have to actually program the game; they have a pretty good background for porting, and I don't think the Mac versions of Call of Duty, et al are any different than the PC versions, so if it's basically a port of the 360 version plus some extra levels, it shouldn't be especially difficult for them to do (crosses fingers).

Ego Jul 25, 2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sittal (Post 1335960119)
I own the game on PS3, and am a rabid star wars fan.
That mission is the single most stupid mission in the history of gaming. I stopped playing for a week because it was so ****ing stupid.

I am NOT a star wars fan, and pulling that star destroyer out of the sky was one of the best moments I've had in gaming, ever.
Amazing stuff, great game as a whole.

sittal Jul 25, 2009 05:21 PM

wiggle the joysticks, then stopping to kill 6 tie fighters, repeat ~10 times and you win.
If you take too long killing the tie fighters you have to start over. If you die, you start over.

I hated it :|

Jamar Jul 25, 2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sittal (Post 1335960299)
wiggle the joysticks, then stopping to kill 6 tie fighters, repeat ~10 times and you win.
If you take too long killing the tie fighters you have to start over. If you die, you start over.

I hated it :|

Same here. I hated that part with a passion. I played through the entire game but there were plenty of parts I wanted to throw the controller through the tv. It was ok but I have much more fond memories of Jedi Knight II. At least it had multiplayer... :bleh:

Dragex Jul 25, 2009 06:01 PM

Jedi Knight II was the awesomeness. :drool:

Sweetz Jul 26, 2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

As for Aspyr doing the port, I don't see why they would do a poor job...

They were responsible for publishing (at least in NA) the abomination of a port that is Dark Sector.

Their support policy consists of denying culpability and blaming the customer for as long as they can, and then when they can no longer make excuses, start lying.

Luckily I don't think they're doing the port, I think that's still up to a Lucasarts internal tem and Aspyr are strictly just publishing/distributing the game. Though that seems odd as Lucasarts have published their own games for years, so I don't know what's up with that. The concern is that if support has to go through Aspyr and if they're responsible for funding further patches we're f*cked unless the game is flawless on release. It seems that Aspyr simply does not believe in supporting the products the sell - even when they're reponsible for it.

Jet Black Jul 26, 2009 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetz (Post 1335960665)
They were responsible for publishing (at least in NA) the abomination of a port that is Dark Sector.

Their support policy consists of denying culpability and blaming the customer for as long as they can, and then when they can no longer make excuses, start lying.

Luckily I don't think they're doing the port, I think that's still up to a Lucasarts internal tem and Aspyr are strictly just publishing/distributing the game. Though that seems odd as Lucasarts have published their own games for years, so I don't know what's up with that. The concern is that if support has to go through Aspyr and if they're responsible for funding further patches we're f*cked unless the game is flawless on release. It seems that Aspyr simply does not believe in supporting the products the sell - even when they're reponsible for it.

Looking here it seems that Aspry is only a publisher, so in the case of Dark Sector, wouldn't it be Digital Extremes who are the jerks who won't patch Dark Sector?

Though I honestly don't know why I even give a rat's ass what people think of Aspyr. The only game published by them that I own is Defense Grid: The Awakening and it's well supported by the developers 'Hidden Path Entertainment'. I guess I just want this game to be good, so I want people who are saying Aspyr's going to make it crappy to shush just for a little while longer :D

Also, I don't understand why LA isn't publishing it either.