Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ati Tray Tools and Cat AI? (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33845342)

Sweetz Feb 13, 2006 12:46 PM

Ati Tray Tools and Cat AI?

I'm sick of CCC so I'm going to try ATT as everyone suggests, but I'm wondering about Cat AI.

Can you enable the full Cat AI through Ati Tray Tools? Do you need to keep it running in order to get the tweaks?

Since Cat AI was only ever part of CCC that suggests (to me) that you needed some background program to detect what game was running and that it's not just a matter of toggling a registry setting or something like that.

What I'm most concerned about is getting instancing to work with Far Cry, which AFAIK requires Cat AI to be on.

While we're on the subject of ATT - does anyone recommend a particular driver version to use with the lastest version of ATT? Does it work with Cat 6.2 or is it better used with 6.1?

Shoey Peachew Feb 13, 2006 06:26 PM

Att has ai. you can set it to off, low or high. You can create custom profiles for all your games with tons of options. You don't even need to install the old control panel, just the wdm and display drivers. Give it a shot and see what it has to offer.

Ray Adams Feb 14, 2006 01:49 AM

A.I. is a feature of Catalyst itself, not of CCC. No needs in CCC.

Sweetz Feb 14, 2006 05:39 PM

Awsome, thank you.

Rayder Feb 14, 2006 07:15 PM

I'll tell ya, I think I'm going to try ATT too. I recently had a stick of RAM die on me, so I'm at half RAM for now (512). I don't need CCC eating precious memory, especially now.

CCC may be wonderful, great, special and useful in Vista, but it's just NOT necessary in XP, IMO.

Is there any thing special I need to know when setting up ATT on a 9800? I don't overclock....

Ray Adams Feb 15, 2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Is there any thing special I need to know when setting up ATT on a 9800?
No :) ATT is simply as old CP

Rayder Feb 15, 2006 06:20 AM

Ok, great, thanks.

ORCRiST Feb 16, 2006 04:45 PM

Whats the latest version of ATT? If I remember correctly (and someone tell me if I'm wrong), wasn't ATT a creation of DHZeropoint? If not who created ATT, and is there a homepage? Also, off topic, I love DHZeropoint ATI drivers, but their website is down/dead for several days (weeks?) anyone know what happened to it? Thanks in advance...

Ray Adams Feb 17, 2006 02:01 AM

Quote:

Whats the latest version of ATT?
Quote:

If not who created ATT,
Me :)
Quote:

and is there a homepage?
http://www.guru3d.com/atitraytools/

daPhoenix Feb 17, 2006 05:35 AM

We love you Ray :heart: *

In a very platonic sense, that is :bleh:

Zakkorn Feb 17, 2006 05:41 AM

When I load ATT a window appears that says it recognise my card's BIOS. And cannot load:(

My system's info is on my sig.

Ray Adams Feb 18, 2006 11:46 AM

For 1900 you must disable overclocking in atitray.ini.

TrUxAzNx Feb 19, 2006 12:51 AM

when are they going to release a ver so 1900's can overclock w/ the atit?

Ray Adams Feb 19, 2006 02:11 PM

When it will be finished :) I mean support. I have no information , no datasheets (like other authors) and no hardware to easy implement support for new video boards. So guyz, give me the time.

Deaderinred Feb 19, 2006 07:14 PM

is there anyway for my 3d profiles to saved and auto loaded if i reboot? and maybe for a future/workaround version having a seprate profile saved for fan's only? or is there a way to have the fan setttings accessilbe but the overclocking parts disabled?

im a bit too worried about accidently knocking any over clocking up but i like to change the fan speeds.. crazy i know :p

btw ray, att :heart: