Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Battlefield 3 (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33946969)

Skinner Feb 4, 2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scart (Post 1336491675)
It was a teaser and we should be thankful for even that. Remember that the first information at all was supposed to come out at the beginning of March during the game show.

Well it didn't show me enough to tease me, other then just the fact that a third part is comming, which is offcourse,..is nice.

I hope to see some more about the things they say they would change in the game towards PC-gamers .

acroig Feb 4, 2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoctor (Post 1336491628)

Awesome news!! :drool:

Chubz Feb 4, 2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoctor (Post 1336491628)

Wank, wank, wank, wank, wank, wank!

:yahoo:

Now let's just hope they provide us some decent anti-air weaponry unlike BF2 in which the jets were nigh unstoppable!

Hapatingjaky Feb 4, 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubz (Post 1336491809)
Wank, wank, wank, wank, wank, wank!

:yahoo:

Now let's just hope they provide us some decent anti-air weaponry unlike BF2 in which the jets were nigh unstoppable!

You just sucked thats all. I could take down a jet with my sidearm.

Darkz0r Feb 4, 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky (Post 1336491816)
You just sucked thats all. I could take down a jet with my sidearm.

Sure you could, before waking up.

A good jet pilot would wtfpwn everything and never die. Unless badly damaged and facing an equally good enemy, so you couldn't repair properly.

AA weapons sucked major ass, even if you knew when to shoot, the ground AA weapon was useless. The ground AA vehicle was remotely good and everything else sucked.

Anyways, really excited about BF3. BF 2 was uber cool!

mavman Feb 4, 2011 01:11 PM

Look, they really messed up the chopper handling in BFBC2, so expect more of the same for BF3 ;-(

meerkat154 Feb 4, 2011 01:46 PM

I hope the Commander role will be reintroduced into the franchise. Sorely missed in BFBC2. EA gave us a small Commander "reach-around" in BFBC2 by allowing us to control drones but it pales in comparrison.

In the BF2 days...with a strong commander it was extremely helpful in winning over a map. Sattelites, air strikes, air supplies and most importantly directing squads.

One of my favorite memories where air dropping vehicles on snipers...until they patched that. :D
-Kat

Tork64 Feb 4, 2011 02:08 PM

jets + destructible buildings

:( :bleh:

{0}Salamander{0} Feb 4, 2011 02:18 PM

It all sounds too good to be true.

64 players, jets etc.

The maps will be the real acid test. 64 players is great, but only if the maps are big enough, open enough etc. Will we get 64 players, but the 24 player "console" maps...?

demo Feb 4, 2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} (Post 1336491923)
Will we get 64 players, but the 24 player "console" maps...?

This is what worries me too, like in BC2 the maps are designed for 24 ppl and some of them can become a real cluster f_ck with 32 ppl..

sittal Feb 4, 2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demowhc (Post 1336491970)
This is what worries me too, like in BC2 the maps are designed for 24 ppl and some of them can become a real cluster f_ck with 32 ppl..

heavy metal anyone?

theshadowcult Feb 4, 2011 03:41 PM

Some of the single player maps are actually bigger.

demo Feb 4, 2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sittal (Post 1336491971)
heavy metal anyone?

I did say some of them, especially in Rush mode.

Ninja6. Feb 4, 2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles (Post 1336491664)
The fact that they have jets in this game tells me the maps are going to be rather large. :)

I suppose, but are the consoles supporting Jets as well? I just am really doubtful we will see true pc design.

CoolNitro Feb 4, 2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sittal (Post 1336491971)
heavy metal anyone?

Heavy metal is nice and large but just imagine what it would be like if instead of those 5 or 6 snipers there was 10 or 15 per side, it may look and feel large but with more players it would feel as small as the smallest of maps.

tbh I would love to see map sizes like those in BF2 reality mod.

nomore Feb 4, 2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoctor (Post 1336491611)

I think that was the Terminator 4 teaser trailer. :bleh:

TriGGlety Feb 4, 2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat154 (Post 1336491896)
I hope the Commander role will be reintroduced into the franchise. Sorely missed in BFBC2. EA gave us a small Commander "reach-around" in BFBC2 by allowing us to control drones but it pales in comparrison.

In the BF2 days...with a strong commander it was extremely helpful in winning over a map. Sattelites, air strikes, air supplies and most importantly directing squads.

One of my favorite memories where air dropping vehicles on snipers...until they patched that. :D
-Kat

"most importantly directing squads" Nah, its was a free for all.

But I did help out with the rest of being a Commander.
And yes, bring on Commander in BF 3.
I loved sitting on my arse playing god.

t0adp1p3 Feb 4, 2011 05:49 PM

Anti Air has sucked in every single bf game. In 1942 a good pilot would just dive bomb the hell out of any armor and Anti-air guns. On the ground you just cant point straight up, which makes it impossible to defend against dive bombers

acidosmosis Feb 4, 2011 05:52 PM

EA can kiss my butt with this multi platform BF franchise nonsense. Ruins the BF franchise. They lost me after BF2.

Jet Black Feb 4, 2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} (Post 1336491923)
It all sounds too good to be true.

64 players, jets etc.

The maps will be the real acid test. 64 players is great, but only if the maps are big enough, open enough etc. Will we get 64 players, but the 24 player "console" maps...?

I don't think maps have ever had to be consolized, only the number of players. Maybe I'm being naive, but I have confidence that all the maps will be large enough for 64 players (but console will just have half as many people on those maps), or the maps will be like BF2 and larger and larger area will open up as more and more people join.

Jet are back, which require room. to manoeuvre. Prone is back. I think DICE has seen that the PC is where their supporters are, and I think we will be pleasantly surprised (/me hopes he doesn't have to eat his words).

BobbyRPI2712 Feb 4, 2011 07:09 PM

My wish of a new WW2 era Battlefield game continues to not come true. Still seems cool though, hopefully they'll release some footage soon.

Any word on how destructibility? I really hope its a bigger focus in the next game, it really helps set the series apart.

EfrainMan Feb 4, 2011 10:01 PM

So which is it gonna be EA?

nothankyou.jpg

or

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

theshadowcult Feb 5, 2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 (Post 1336492099)
Anti Air has sucked in every single bf game. In 1942 a good pilot would just dive bomb the hell out of any armor and Anti-air guns. On the ground you just cant point straight up, which makes it impossible to defend against dive bombers

Two fixes for that. One, make the vehicle tougher but no respawn. So no more dive bombing because the vehicales just became far more important. Or two, get better at using the Anti-Air weapons, apart from the rocket, i have no trouble taking out the helicopters in BC2.

Weetabix Feb 5, 2011 02:09 AM

I want the old class system back and working VOIP.

dawdler Feb 5, 2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weetabix (Post 1336492294)
I want the old class system back and working VOIP.

Working VOIP? Why should they even bother when they cant get it right anyway... Would be great if BF3 had integrated Mumble support. Positional audio FTW.

t0adp1p3 Feb 5, 2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1336492276)
Two fixes for that. One, make the vehicle tougher but no respawn. So no more dive bombing because the vehicales just became far more important. Or two, get better at using the Anti-Air weapons, apart from the rocket, i have no trouble taking out the helicopters in BC2.

In BFBC2 a good helo pilot will always be far enough above your tank and at the right angle to take you out with impunity due to the limitations on the angle of the turret and machine gun on the tank, and that is what I am talking about. I don't even know how they would fix this at all.

Same thing with the tanks and the AA guns in BF1942, the planes can come in from such an angle that you are defenseless. A good pilot in 1942 will never ever die from anything but another plane (and the occasional rocket launcher), and once they take out the first wave of planes no other planes will ever get in the air. That is a fact.

That is what I am talking about, I am not talking about anything else.

theshadowcult Feb 5, 2011 09:29 AM

Ah, i thought you were talking about AA, i don't consider Tanks AA so it didn't occur to me you meant the tank turrets.

Cordl3ssPen Feb 5, 2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 (Post 1336492420)
A good pilot in 1942 will never ever die from anything but another plane (and the occasional rocket launcher),

www.thatvideosite.com/video/epic_battlefield_1942_kill

Gerard Feb 5, 2011 05:19 PM

Just pre-ordered the limited edition, suprising theyre not whoring out "zomg beta access!!!!111" with it like they did with that turd Medal of Honor.

sandorski Feb 5, 2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyRPI2712 (Post 1336492135)
My wish of a new WW2 era Battlefield game continues to not come true. Still seems cool though, hopefully they'll release some footage soon.

Any word on how destructibility? I really hope its a bigger focus in the next game, it really helps set the series apart.

Indeed. Prop Planes are much better suited to BF sized Maps than Jets are. The scenario of equally matched sides is also superior.