Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Dam i dont have enough magicka for the arcane university destruction spells (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33851352)

Mrpleeb Apr 5, 2006 01:05 PM

Dam i dont have enough magicka for the arcane university destruction spells

The destruction spells on sale from the man in the arcane university in the imperial city, have a high magicka req.My maximum magicka is 152 i believe, i cant use the destruction spells :(

Do you need to choose Intelligence and Willpower to be a decent mage? I chose a thief/mage hybrid.Agility and Willpower as the two main attributes.

I made a Breton male "NightStalker"

Specialization: Stealth

Favored Attributes:Agility and Willpower

Major Skills: Security, sneak, marksman, light armor, speechcraft,destruction, restoration

Sign : The Thief

magik10 Apr 5, 2006 01:44 PM

As you level up your Magicka increases. So far, there hasn't been anything I can't own with the Master Wizard spell and Shock staff. Couple that with Amulet of 12% absorb, the Armor from being Grand Champion and it's a good life. Start making your own spells.

Darkz0r Apr 5, 2006 02:53 PM

Actually your magicka doesnt increase when you level up.

Its something like intx2 + willlpower + other bonuses.
So high int+will shall give you high magicka.

High skills in x school will give you reduced magicka costs for spells in that school. So raise those skills and get int/will up :)

Mrpleeb Apr 5, 2006 03:02 PM

magicka

Thats too bad, i couldnt use any of the arcane university destruction spells.I got 152 total magicka.Im still stuck using the flare spell, only does 5 points on target :(

Drexion Apr 5, 2006 03:48 PM

When you level, you will be able to select 3 attributes whose stats you want to raise.
So select willpower as one, and your magicka will raise.

If you level up the minor skills which willpower governs, then you will be able to get a +5 willpower when you level.

Hyrax Apr 5, 2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magik10
As you level up your Magicka increases. So far, there hasn't been anything I can't own with the Master Wizard spell and Shock staff. Couple that with Amulet of 12% absorb, the Armor from being Grand Champion and it's a good life. Start making your own spells.

Shens! dont listen to hiim. i always had 60 mana. I have a battlemage. but customized it to be more destructive. i just raise my endurance, strength and willpower stats. Long story short

Maagicka does not increase as your level increases. :(

:p

Abellius Apr 5, 2006 04:56 PM

Ever notice the magicka requirments on some of the spells for sale? Some are over 1000 magicka! :eek: Even with enchants and max intelligence I would half less than half the magicka needed to cast those. I hope there's some powerful +magicka gear later in the game.

Theif/Mage hybrids ftw! :D

Darkz0r Apr 5, 2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abellius
Ever notice the magicka requirments on some of the spells for sale? Some are over 1000 magicka! :eek: Even with enchants and max intelligence I would half less than half the magicka needed to cast those. I hope there's some powerful +magicka gear later in the game.

Theif/Mage hybrids ftw! :D

Theres not uber gear "later".
The problem is, destruction is broken. Its supposed to lower cost for spells when you have 100+ destruction BUT IT DOESNT. :bleh:
Finger of the Mountain is still around 780 mana for me to cast...I have 600'ish with a mod to incrase mana if you have > 100 destr.

Quote:

Thats too bad, i couldnt use any of the arcane university destruction spells.I got 152 total magicka.Im still stuck using the flare spell, only does 5 points on target :(
Go to the spellmaker and create a fire dmg spell. :) Although you are limited on your destruct level...so if you have 50 you can do like 30 or 40'ish max dmg.:o