Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   official 3D MARK 11 Score Thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33971454)

Red46 Apr 1, 2011 07:11 PM

P6772

It's a wierd score, wierd because with 11.3 I was getting 7k, tried with 10.5 who should be the best drivers for crossfired 5xxx series and instead I got a drawback. Going to test with 11.1. I also used, the standard freeware version of 3dmark 11. Also somehow, in the 3dmark results page, the memory is showing up at 400mhz clock, however it's 533.

demo Apr 2, 2011 02:36 AM

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/948854;jsess...nq2nY9B8cvnwE8

3DMark Score
P15344

Graphics score
19309

Physics Score
9907

Combined Score
8939

GraphicsTest1
83.77 FPS


GraphicsTest2
89.97 FPS


GraphicsTest3
121.1 FPS


GraphicsTest4
61.21 FPS


PhysicsTest
31.45 FPS


CombinedTest
41.58 FPS

:D

DnL Apr 4, 2011 12:08 AM

LOL @ P1545 3DMarks


Nunz Apr 7, 2011 03:39 PM

Once I get a new case and overclock these cards, should be a lot better.
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/985475

3DMark Score
P9555

Graphics score
9896

Physics Score
9735

Combined Score
7433

GraphicsTest1
42.64 FPS

GraphicsTest2
45.16 FPS

GraphicsTest3
62.79 FPS

GraphicsTest4
31.81 FPS

PhysicsTest
30.91 FPS

CombinedTest
34.58 FPS

shadow001 Apr 7, 2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demowhc (Post 1336543192)
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/948854;jsess...nq2nY9B8cvnwE8

3DMark Score
P15344

Graphics score
19309

Physics Score
9907

Combined Score
8939

GraphicsTest1
83.77 FPS


GraphicsTest2
89.97 FPS


GraphicsTest3
121.1 FPS


GraphicsTest4
61.21 FPS


PhysicsTest
31.45 FPS


CombinedTest
41.58 FPS

:D


930Mhz on the GPU's on the stock coolers?.....What GPU voltage?


Awsome score BTW..

Nunz Apr 7, 2011 03:59 PM



Just for ****s and giggles. :)

demo Apr 7, 2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336548585)
930Mhz on the GPU's on the stock coolers?.....What GPU voltage?


Awsome score BTW..

Yer stock coolers and 1.138v, I could run a single card at 980MHz, 2 at 950 MHz, 3 at 930 to 935 it seems.

shadow001 Apr 7, 2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demowhc (Post 1336548825)
Yer stock coolers and 1.138v, I could run a single card at 980MHz, 2 at 950 MHz, 3 at 930 to 935 it seems.


Heat seems to be an issue with 3 cards packed closely together like that, hence one of the reasons why i'll go water cooling on the video cards once the next generation is out...The other being silence of course.


Here's a general idea of what i had in mind for the GPU cooling as far as the radiator placement goes....It's the same case as mine..





Remove that front hard drive cage and install the radiator vertically,along with using a reservoir/pump assembly that fits in a pair of 5 1/4 bays or under the radiators themselves...:D



There's an idea for your case and it looks awsome....You're using an Antec 1200 right?


http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...33842&page=171

demo Apr 7, 2011 08:38 PM

Yer I havnt had an issue with heat yet, I cut some small ~5x5x5mm peices of rubber to seperate the cards and have a million fans installed on the case ghetto style, it's like wind tunnel in there... I game at 900/1800/2100 with fans at 67% and temps are good, never crash etc.

And yer I'm using the Antec 1200 and it sucks balls, Silverstone is in my sights, I just need some spare cash to put towards PC, I have already overspent my "PC money" by grabbing a 3rd 580 and have bills to pay :( god damn RL getting in the way of my PC..

nycdarkness Apr 8, 2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demowhc (Post 1336548892)
Yer I havnt had an issue with heat yet, I cut some small ~5x5x5mm peices of rubber to seperate the cards and have a million fans installed on the case ghetto style, it's like wind tunnel in there... I game at 900/1800/2100 with fans at 67% and temps are good, never crash etc.

And yer I'm using the Antec 1200 and it sucks balls, Silverstone is in my sights, I just need some spare cash to put towards PC, I have already overspent my "PC money" by grabbing a 3rd 580 and have bills to pay :( god damn RL getting in the way of my PC..

:up:

If i could just use half the money I put monthly towards life bills, the amount of upgrading that would happen would be epic.

demo Apr 23, 2011 11:34 AM

I have another PC in the house I just built (for work etc) and thought I'd post the results:

i3 540 @ 4.2, 5850 1GB, 1600MHz RAM, P55

With Tessellation - 4052
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1075800;jsessionid=ey03span4xq3?show_ads=true&page=%2F3dm11%2F1075800%3Fkey%3DW2BBDsAQcya07C8Av0vHSE 3nQSzzm4

Without Tessellation - 4509
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1075839;jses...8c7h yQhwwNVb

Not bad considering intels little dual core + last gen mid-high range GPU is sort of getting up there with AMD's current highest end CPU and GPU.

bill dennison Apr 23, 2011 11:40 AM

got my watercoolng back up

x3396
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1074516

p9340
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1074606

<TJR> Apr 25, 2011 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red46 (Post 1336542912)
P6772

It's a wierd score, wierd because with 11.3 I was getting 7k, tried with 10.5 who should be the best drivers for crossfired 5xxx series and instead I got a drawback. Going to test with 11.1. I also used, the standard freeware version of 3dmark 11. Also somehow, in the 3dmark results page, the memory is showing up at 400mhz clock, however it's 533.

oddly enough i seem to be having the same problem with my 6990. When i first got it i flipped the switch so i was running 800MHz/1250Mhz and i ran this benchmark. I got a P10725 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/875346 now that i have updated my drivers i get a 10071. I now have the Koolance waterblock so i decided to overclock, my first overclock was 905MHz/1400MHz and i got P10150?????? Then in afterburner i raised my voltage to 1.25v the clocked to 1020MHz/1350MHz and ened up getting close to my stock score from the previous driver. i got 10625. Now if this is not a driver issue then i dont know what i am doing wrong and if anyone can help me then i would very much like that. thank you very much and hope to hear a response soon

Nunz Apr 25, 2011 11:34 AM

Drivers can make a big difference on your score, evident as you see going from 10725 to 10071.

I lost 100pts between different drivers on nVidia, while a smaller number ATi could have changed something significant IQ wise in those specific drivers.

moshpit Apr 25, 2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1336564697)
Drivers can make a big difference on your score, evident as you see going from 10725 to 10071.

I lost 100pts between different drivers on nVidia, while a smaller number ATi could have changed something significant IQ wise in those specific drivers.

This is the most typical reason for performance loss in a newer driver set, agreed. Usually some IQ setting has been tweaked up a hair and it eats up a little more performance then usual. A slightly lower score in exchange for better visuals is what IQ tweaking is all about.

demo Apr 27, 2011 09:50 AM

Personal best :D

P15508

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1097835;jses...2ET 6CjQxm7W7

demo Apr 28, 2011 05:40 AM

and another

P15693 3DMarks

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1102269;jses...JAx tJD2AEqEU

demo Apr 30, 2011 11:37 AM

and another

P15904

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1116141

Roadhog Apr 30, 2011 04:16 PM

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1006729

demo May 1, 2011 02:06 AM

P15996

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1120789

Jokerzwild May 3, 2011 03:56 AM

Couple of 6870's with a baby OC (960/1160) P8711.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1133345

moshpit May 3, 2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerzwild (Post 1336572306)
Couple of 6870's with a baby OC (960/1160) P8711.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1133345

Sweeet!

john dolan May 4, 2011 04:23 AM

P13415 3DMarks

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1139092

bill dennison May 4, 2011 06:50 PM

p9602 at 950/1425 oc

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1138596

demo May 5, 2011 09:41 AM

P16096

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1146017

Nunz May 6, 2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerzwild (Post 1336572306)
Couple of 6870's with a baby OC (960/1160) P8711.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1133345

I know 3DMark doesn't mean much, but it surprises me that my 2 480s at stock gave me a 9666.
that's with an i7-920 @ 4.2Ghz, so you've got me beat there as well.

Jokerzwild May 6, 2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1336575978)
I know 3DMark doesn't mean much, but it surprises me that my 2 480s at stock gave me a 9666.
that's with an i7-920 @ 4.2Ghz, so you've got me beat there as well.

480's are damn fast cards, much faster than 6870's, that are around the same speed as a 5870. The performance I'm getting out of them is pretty sweet for the price, but they are this gen's mid-range. I was too impatient to wait for the 6970s :D

You've got a sweet setup, I bet everything flies on it :cool:, and 3dmark does matter for one important reason; to make sure your system is running in line with other similar setups. If I'm getting half the score of somebody with the same setup then something's wrong!

Nunz May 6, 2011 11:42 AM

Ah, See, I was under the impression the 6870 was the new revision of the 5870, higher performance, I haven't been paying too much attention to ATi lately.

Everything flies indeed, they pump out a lot of heat, but I've got some special.... plans... to fix that. :)

moshpit May 6, 2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1336576157)
Ah, See, I was under the impression the 6870 was the new revision of the 5870, higher performance, I haven't been paying too much attention to ATi lately.

Everything flies indeed, they pump out a lot of heat, but I've got some special.... plans... to fix that. :)

That one threw ALL of us off when it first happened, don't feel alone on it. 6870 is 2 steps down from the actual 5870 replacement, the 6970. AMD threw a real curve ball on that one...

john dolan May 8, 2011 05:35 AM

With new 6 series cards 6990 + 6970

P14526 3DMarks

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1174632


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com