Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Destiny 2 (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34036417)

Mangler Mar 30, 2017 02:05 PM

Destiny 2

Is also coming to pc.

Now you know.

ThirdEye Mar 30, 2017 03:19 PM

watch this thread disappear into the abyss beyond page3

mynakedrat2 Mar 30, 2017 03:23 PM

oh man!

MNB4800 Mar 30, 2017 03:58 PM

I am actually excited for this. I have a craving for a loot based FPS game and Destiny has awesome theme vs borderlands (it suits my tastes).

Seyiji Mar 30, 2017 05:20 PM

:zzz:

YellowBeard Mar 30, 2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNB4800 (Post 1337967569)
I am actually excited for this. I have a craving for a loot based FPS game and Destiny has awesome theme vs borderlands (it suits my tastes).

Destiny is probably one of the worst loot based game I have ever played in terms of loot. And I say one of as I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting. I hope to all that is holy they revamp the entire shitty system in the sequel.

Nascar24 Mar 30, 2017 09:15 PM

I liked Destiny, Loot was pretty so so but the game and its mechanics and gun play were fun.

dmanna Mar 30, 2017 09:31 PM

Yeah Destiny was alright. Solid Gun play. But the atmosphere/story telling sucked. The environments were cool but it just didn't have that special sauce. Loot was boring. Basically there shot guns, assault rifles, snipers, but basically they felt the exact same way. Got boring quick. IMO the way they developed Destiny it needed to have a kick ass story built into it. Have more abilities and more weapon diversity.

Not an easy task though. I think its tough to make FPS/ARPG. They also need to balance strikes and raids better. I am not into raids that take many hours and dying over and over against bullet sponges. Its definitely not an easy thing to balance though. I think they need to focus on story and give solo or random group ups better reward potential. Raids are another matter they should be hard, I just have no interest in them. Once you have to group up like an MMO and coordinate time etc.. I am out. I guess there is public raids I don't know if they are worth trying.

YellowBeard Mar 30, 2017 11:41 PM

What they need to do is have the story be accessible from within the game. I shouldn't have to login to Bungie.net to read all the backstory grimoire stuff. TELL IT TO ME INGAME>>! Ugh. Bungie why u do dis?

borat Mar 31, 2017 07:45 AM

According to the average review, critics significantly preferred the second one "The Taken King"...So when you guys talk about Destiny, which one are you talking about?

God I really hope the looting system isn't bad in the sequel! They get it wrong more than they get in right imo.

Jay20016 Mar 31, 2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borat (Post 1337967855)
According to the average review, critics significantly preferred the second one "The Taken King"...So when you guys talk about Destiny, which one are you talking about?

God I really hope the looting system isn't bad in the sequel! They get it wrong more than they get in right imo.

The Taken King was actually really good. It is when things got for the better; the King's Fall raid was probably the most cohesive thing that they have ever done and that is with me loving both the Crota raid and Vault of Glass. For once, their big bad seemed to really be the big bad. Crota's raid was fun, but he didn't have nearly the setup the gave to Oryx (through story missions at least... their website info cards or whatever had stuff but... really?)

I've not picked up the game in months since its current iteration is just lacking ways to hide the skinner box, but having played from release, it has definitely improved yet there are still areas that are lacking while others flourish. The gunplay and PVP aspects of the game really are second to none. They just feel right. It is something that is hard to explain, but no CoD or Battlefield has the same effect of sliding through a few enemies with a shotgun, picking a few off, jumping and gliding around to unleash a nova bomb on a cluster. The controls, the "weight" of the weapons, they're just right. And that is what is sad, it is a game with solid gameplay that is let down by the non-existent story and surrounding ecosystem... If they really did take note of their missteps in the first, the sequel could be the game that everyone wanted it to be originally.

mynakedrat2 Mar 31, 2017 09:12 AM

cross platform accoutns, but no cross PVE, PVP?
That would set the newbs apart from the Master racec!!

Nunz Mar 31, 2017 11:23 AM

game really wasnt very good and their decisions behind balancing when it came to PVP made me want to put my head through my TV.

couldn't give less of a **** about this game coming to PC. hope it bombs

logical Mar 31, 2017 01:22 PM

I will give it go cause why not?

KAC Mar 31, 2017 06:44 PM

On PC. Aww yeah.

Mangler May 18, 2017 03:12 PM

Activision is saying FU steam, Destiny 2 will be bnet only.

And these are the non-canon features of the pc version:

Quote:

• 4k Resolution Support (3820×2160)
  • Uncapped framerate
  • Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
  • Text chat
  • Adjustable Field of View
  • Detailed PC settings screen
  • 21:9 monitor support

So if you want the canon 30 fps, you need to buy it on console.

http://kotaku.com/destiny-2-will-be-...-ba-1795344987

logical May 18, 2017 05:42 PM

Is that a list the devs gave or what kotaku took away from the stream? Theres nothing to be really proud with there except they support 21:9 out the box everything else should be standard fare.

I love how one of the bullet points these days is that 4k is supported... like it was never supported by any other game in the past. I think the last time I seen a AAA game resolution limited had to be like mid 90s.

dmanna May 18, 2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1337985370)
Activision is saying FU steam, Destiny 2 will be bnet only.

And these are the non-canon features of the pc version:

So if you want the canon 30 fps, you need to buy it on console.

http://kotaku.com/destiny-2-will-be-...-ba-1795344987

Battle.net is fine with me. I already have Origin, Steam and Bnet and Ubi's Uplay.

For me to be interested in D2 it will need to have a good campaign or story.. which I have little hope for. And more varied enemies and more varied guns.

I already liked the graphics and the gameplay. But if its just another expansion basically I will pass. The most important aspect is variation and stat location/ armor and abilities and of course more diverse weapons.

I might be asking to much.

ThirdEye May 18, 2017 08:40 PM

I gut laugh pretty hard every time I read "it supports 4k resolution!" as far as buzzwords go, 4k is the funniest one yet.

dmanna May 18, 2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 1337985461)
I gut laugh pretty hard every time I read "it supports 4k resolution!" as far as buzzwords go, 4k is the funniest one yet.

I think thats more of a buzzword for consoles.. The PS4 "Dynamic 4K" aka can't render in native 4k.

Project Scorpio a true native 4k console!!

Its just marketing for the new consoles.

ThirdEye May 18, 2017 10:03 PM

I should have specified that it makes me laugh when it's marketed with pc games. As if there's something magical about 3840x2160 that games couldn't support before. (No doubt there's a few games that might bug out at that res but if it supports 16:9 and it's old as **** then that magical number will be in the resloution drop menu without any "support")

nutcrackr May 19, 2017 12:29 AM

Watched some of Destiny 1, looked boring and insanely grindy. I like games like diablo, I like shooters. But for some reason when they are combined, my brain just can't deal. (e.g. didn't like borederlands). Also I don't really like the art style they had going across the characters. Gotta give credit to activision though, they know how to hype a shooter and sell it.

They said PC version might not release same time as consoles.

KAC May 21, 2017 07:38 AM

I think if you have friends you can have a blast playing Destiny. If we can get a PC group going, I will definitely buy.

mynakedrat2 May 22, 2017 10:20 AM

a rage group on destiny would rox

Jay20016 May 24, 2017 07:56 PM

I've been unsure if I was going to pick it up or not, but with it being on Battle.net, I've got some wow tokens I could use to buy it. :sherlock:

The gun play and movement/specials in PVP was always something that just seemed to click so well together. Raids with friends were some downright marathons when trying to figure stuff out without just looking up a strat on YouTube, it was just sad that there were so many holes in the single player portion.

If they can fix the story, if they can fix the light level creep that required far too much work to hit that magical 400, and make the world seem far more alive than re spawning enemies at specific intervals, the game would be awesome.

Zero May 29, 2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 (Post 1337986350)
a rage group on destiny would rox

We had Rage3D PS4 Destiny clan. It was fun for about a day :bleh:

Progression May 30, 2017 01:14 AM

Heard no dedicated servers on PC, by the way.

KAC May 30, 2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 1337988512)
We had Rage3D PS4 Destiny clan. It was fun for about a day :bleh:

Don't be like that...

dmanna May 30, 2017 01:28 AM

I saw a huge preview of Destiny 2.. I could hardly tell the difference between Destiny 1.

1.) They added some random effects to weapons that can make you run faster.. or shoot faster.. or w/e etc.. which is cool

2.) Graphics and over all gameplay is about the same. Which is fine.

3.) The key factor for me is the quality of the story and SP content. Don't know much about that.

But without knowing anything about the SP it looks like a spitting image of Destiny 1. Obviously the overall quality of the game should be much better than Destiny 1 but will it be enough?

They have ironed out the bugs and stuff but I was hoping for more customization more varied weapons.

Also keep in mind Bungie needed to finish Destiny 2 before the end of 2017 or they would lose lots and lots of money. AKA wait 6-8 months then buy it.

mynakedrat2 May 30, 2017 12:27 PM

i hope it has a strong SP, then i wil actually give them money to try.