Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Motoring (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Official: "Favorite Racing Videos" Thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33919539)

OverclockN' Mar 25, 2008 07:12 PM

Official: "Favorite Racing Videos" Thread

Just what the title says, post up your favorite Street Racing, Drag, Autocross, or Road Racing videos. Or hell, even if it's not a race...something plowing around turns down a canyon road or something. Whatever. Let's see them!

No Street Racing naysayers or pansies against driving "enthusiastically" here. If you don't like it...boohoo. Or, join us and post your favorite track video. :)

One of my favorite Street Racing videos is one I've already posted, but I'll post it again anyway. It has a great example of greater HP vs lighter weight and aerodynamics.

**For those wanting to also paste YouTube videos and don't know how: Find your video on youtube and look at the string of letters/numbers after the "=" sign. Like the video above, the link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhNv3A7RNdg. Use that in the Rage3D youtube tags as follows:
Code:

[yt]UhNv3A7RNdg[/yt]

DeathKnight Mar 25, 2008 07:24 PM

OverclockN' Mar 25, 2008 07:26 PM

:bleh:

What's the significance of that video? They are just slooooowly cruising around the track. Is that you or someone you know or are you mocking me? :lol:

DeathKnight Mar 25, 2008 07:27 PM

So I guess you're wanting serious vids.....

Elysian Mar 25, 2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335400871)

What's the significance of that video? They are just slooooowly cruising around the track. Is that you or someone you know or are you mocking me? :lol:

did you miss the guy in the camaro that fishtailed and hit the wall?

OverclockN' Mar 25, 2008 07:30 PM

Hiding my ignorance with a guy who knows how to properly flog a Cobra. I only wish he would stop nailing the rev limiter and work on his shifts.

Elysian Mar 25, 2008 07:45 PM

those poor tires

flyhigh Mar 25, 2008 11:06 PM

traitoR Mar 25, 2008 11:34 PM

It`s not a race but i`ve always liked this vid. Everyone has surely seen it before at one time or another.

gamefoo21 Mar 26, 2008 12:10 AM

Twins!

Because I hate Civics for numerous reasons, but today we show they are slow pieces of shiza... Feel the love... :evil:

Because it's nice to know your slow as molasses in January up in the Yukon hopped up Civic gets hammered, here's a Porsche getting thumped so you don't have to feel bad. This one goes out to Tit where ever he is. 8-)

Oh and for Grimm and the Bimmer Polizei...

:cool:

I know there is faster and better but for the price... and the sound... Oh the sound of a well built Suzuki inline 4...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbfM1LDPE8

I posted too many vids and this post is getting too long. But that one is from the inside on a dead run to 200Kph in 20s. :)

I have a passion for German cars, but I hate Honduh... Never liked em, and riced up, with rattle can exhausts... :bleh2:

GRimm862 Mar 26, 2008 12:28 AM

Some of my favorites.

Not all of course.

gamefoo21 Mar 26, 2008 12:35 AM

That last one Grimm, was :drool: worthy indeed.

This vid is kinda weak sound seems to be out of sync but it shows what my car looks like. Mines red through. 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGLz28YhPTM&NR=1

squid Mar 26, 2008 03:23 AM

Bohrn Mar 30, 2008 09:33 PM

no link to it right now, but there is a real high quality video called "climb dance"

Its a Peugeut(sp) hill climb car driven by Ari Vatinen up Pikes Peak, all professionally done, with French film makers. Its really really good, for a free computer download.

DeathKnight Mar 30, 2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohrn (Post 1335406693)
no link to it right now, but there is a real high quality video called "climb dance"

Its a Peugeut(sp) hill climb car driven by Ari Vatinen up Pikes Peak, all professionally done, with French film makers. Its really really good, for a free computer download.

Kovster Mar 31, 2008 01:45 PM

I just LOVVVVEEEE the sound of this supercharger.

OverclockN' Mar 31, 2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovster (Post 1335407295)
I just LOVVVVEEEE the sound of this supercharger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes

I've always liked that video. Although, I will never understand why so many people just bounce off that rev limiter for so long. For ****s sake people, grab a gear. :nuts:

Yosh70 Apr 3, 2008 01:42 AM

Its not really a racing video but more of an advertisement.....I dunno, I keep going back to this one. Crank up the speakers!

Trunks0 Apr 3, 2008 09:05 PM

Old one here, but a classic
Warning opening song contains graphic language, NSFW

sMashPiranha Apr 4, 2008 10:25 PM

One of the best drivers on one of the best tracks in the world

and ...

and more V8 tire madness

OverclockN' Apr 4, 2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sMashPiranha (Post 1335412955)
One of the best drivers on one of the best tracks in the world

Nice!

What track is it?

sMashPiranha Apr 4, 2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335412965)
Nice!

What track is it?

Mount Panorama, Bathurst, in Australia. The Bathurst race is always the absolute must see race in the V8 Supercars series.

Hidavi Apr 11, 2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamefoo21 (Post 1335401165)
Twins!

Because I hate Civics for numerous reasons, but today we show they are slow pieces of shiza... Feel the love... :evil:

Because it's nice to know your slow as molasses in January up in the Yukon hopped up Civic gets hammered, here's a Porsche getting thumped so you don't have to feel bad. This one goes out to Tit where ever he is. 8-)

Oh and for Grimm and the Bimmer Polizei...

:cool:

I know there is faster and better but for the price... and the sound... Oh the sound of a well built Suzuki inline 4...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbfM1LDPE8

I posted too many vids and this post is getting too long. But that one is from the inside on a dead run to 200Kph in 20s. :)

I have a passion for German cars, but I hate Honduh... Never liked em, and riced up, with rattle can exhausts... :bleh2:

WOW. I have never seen a Geo Metro go so fast in my life. It didn't even occur to me that those might be able to do that...

My bro said he used to see a Toyota Starlet with a three-rotor in it own often back when they used to race in Hunts Point.

gamefoo21 Apr 13, 2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidavi (Post 1335420055)
WOW. I have never seen a Geo Metro go so fast in my life. It didn't even occur to me that those might be able to do that...

My bro said he used to see a Toyota Starlet with a three-rotor in it own often back when they used to race in Hunts Point.

LE GASP!

It's not a GEO...

Metro, Firefly, Sprint... Are all Japanese... They are Suzuki...

Suzuki Cultus, spawned them.

Look up the Suzuki Swift Sport, and you'll find what is the current Generation of Swift. GM, hobbled Suzuki in the ending days of when GM still had enough ownership to borrow their cars and cripple them as a company in North America.

Hidavi Apr 13, 2008 09:11 AM

I know all that stuff. I still like calling it a GEO :p

Supra_Freak Apr 14, 2008 10:46 AM

I like this one only because its how i wanted my GTP to sound like and now mine does :D

And this one because the Toyota Supra is my all time favorite car!

OverclockN' Apr 14, 2008 02:14 PM

:D

OverclockN' Sep 26, 2008 01:47 AM

ZR1 Nurburgring Official 7:26.4 Record Corvette Run

Such a badass ride. :drool: I think he got air at 1:10!! :eek:

Smart Car with Hayabusa Engine

No car nut could tell me with a straight face that doesn't look fun! :lol:

EVO VIII Track Run

Still like these cars, nearly bought an Evo IX GSR instead of the Vette. :(

Clockwork Sep 26, 2008 09:12 AM

One of the wisrts (a forum I post at) guys at WIR in Kaukauna, WI (where I live...it's about a 5 minute drive away)

squid Sep 26, 2008 10:11 AM

gigi galli