Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Home Theaters and Photography (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Whats your HT rig?... (pics please) (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33795551)

MrSpock2002 Jan 18, 2005 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exitwound
Just wired the network to my system. Now playing games over the home network is fantastic!

Very cool... Just a bit of advice though, I would switch that pc to it's other side... You may end up with getting a card or two loose, since they are hanging upside down.

MGator Jan 18, 2005 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Hey MGator, your cc seems kinda high.....prolly not best when there are scenes that pan across the front three.
You may wanna try it below the screen, a lot better results could be in store.
Just my 2 cents.

Yeah it really is not as high as it looks. When sitting it is right at the top of the TV. I took that picture from the stairs going up to the second floor so the pic makes it look a lot higher. Ideally, it would be nice to have that center under the tv but that B&W LCR 600 is so freakin big its just not practical........and to have room for components. Anyways, I cant really tell a difference even when the sound pans back and forth. It still flows pretty seamlessly. I did calibrate with an SPL meter and DVE so that definitely helped it all fit together.

ChrisFB Jan 18, 2005 08:57 PM

This is the scary level of home theater. Too bad this guy doesn't live near me. I'm damn good company and will always bring beer and food :).

http://www.bluemarble.de/artsonneborn/index.html

gmontem Jan 18, 2005 11:57 PM

Ah yeah Art's quite well known in the CRT forums at AVS for his dual Sony G90 setup. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

ChrisFB Jan 19, 2005 10:11 AM

I've never met him but I always enjoy his posts on AVS - and I am extremely envious of his setup. I'm ChrisFB there too.

exitwound Jan 19, 2005 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSpock2002
Very cool... Just a bit of advice though, I would switch that pc to it's other side... You may end up with getting a card or two loose, since they are hanging upside down.

HA! I never thought of that. Good call!!

Firestar_3x Jan 20, 2005 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisFB
This is the scary level of home theater. Too bad this guy doesn't live near me. I'm damn good company and will always bring beer and food :).

Now if only i had 20k to spend and could knock all my downstairs into one room :)........ (Runs off to see the bank manager :bleh: )

Shadowless Jan 25, 2005 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisFB

:dreams: one day...

Trunks0 Jan 27, 2005 10:22 PM

TV: 27" Sony from 1988 that still looks quite great, just wish my dad got XBR lol
DVD Player: Toshiba SD-3900
Reciver: Sony DE-575 (This is the next thing I replace)
Center: Cerwin Vega E76-C
Left/Right: Alesis PointSource Variable SoundField Monitor
Rears: Alesis Point Surround Bipole/Dipole Surround Monitor
Sub: Quest QS8 8"

Not amazing but I really enjoy it. Oh and the ladder in the 2nd pic is there because we are painting and I was to lazy to move it :lol:

Lemon Feb 7, 2005 04:53 PM

I like your living room. ;)

Trunks0 Feb 9, 2005 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon

hehehehe

Like I said not the most amazing setup but I really love it. And the new speakers sound just great, just wish I could find any type of info on them.

AluminumHaste Feb 12, 2005 01:10 PM

That setup would be very decent indeed. :heart:

GravY Feb 27, 2005 07:21 PM

excuse the mess, just got done painting this room, everything still not where it should be.. and wires need to be cleaned up..

Hitachi 51S500
Harmon Kardon AVR 225
Bose Acoustic Speakers
JVC DVD XV-S500 - Fiber Optic / Component
Samsung OTA SIR-351 - Dig Coax / DVI
Dish Network

Remorse Mar 1, 2005 07:15 AM

Does my little bedroom fine! :)

Trunks0 Mar 1, 2005 10:37 AM

Ginsu2000 knifes, will cut threw just about anything.

And I bet it does you bedroom fine, good stuff :)

Uber_Tiny Mar 1, 2005 11:19 AM

Here is my desk top and computer.

This is my HT system......:cry:

leekirlew Mar 11, 2005 01:27 PM

Pioneer 435-xde 43" plasma hdtv

Arcam Diva A85 Stereo Amp
Arcam Diva CD72
Marantz SR 4300 Surround Amp
Sony st-se300 tuner
Sony DVP s336 dvd player
Mission 734i Stereo Speakers
Mission 73c Centre speaker
Mission 77ds surround Speakers
Paradigm ps-1000 Active subwoofer
Van der hull interconnects and qed silver anniversery speaker wires

Encyclopedia_b Mar 30, 2005 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon

dude that table rocks! ... put some pillows around it and junk the couches

JediFonger Mar 30, 2005 11:13 PM

http://fongunlimited.com/htpc

SithSolo1 Apr 16, 2005 12:26 AM

TV: 25 Mitsubishi thats about 13yrs old. Has S-Video though...HAWT :bleh:
DVD: Elcheapo Toshiba 5-disc changer
Receiver: Panasonic XR10
Center: CC from a Pioneer HTIB from '98, 4in paper driver
Fronts: Advent AS2s, turned out a lot better than I thought they would. Dual 6.5" woofers and 1" dome tweeter.
Rears: Infinity Entra 1s. 6.5" woofer, 1" dome tweeter.
Sub: Sub from Pioneer HTIB from '98, 10" "100watt" sub. This thing is a POS, I can't believe I ever thought it was good. :(

Nothing too impressive but I hope to upgrade some of it in the next couple of months. I'll update the post with picks of the new stuff when(if I can afford to) upgrade. :drool:

Kliptik Apr 16, 2005 12:32 PM

There are some really great HT in here.

My setup is:
Toshiba 30" Widescreen HDTV
Yamaha HTR-5750
Athena AS-B1 fronts
Athena AS-C1 center
Athena AS-R1 rears
Polk Audio PSW10 Subwoofer
JVC 5 disc DVD Changer (plays everything except divx)
Sony PS2
Nintendo Gamecube
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Sony Playstation
Nintendo DS

MysticKiller Apr 20, 2005 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leekirlew
Pioneer 435-xde 43" plasma hdtv

Arcam Diva A85 Stereo Amp
Arcam Diva CD72
Marantz SR 4300 Surround Amp
Sony st-se300 tuner
Sony DVP s336 dvd player
Mission 734i Stereo Speakers
Mission 73c Centre speaker
Mission 77ds surround Speakers
Paradigm ps-1000 Active subwoofer
Van der hull interconnects and qed silver anniversery speaker wires

Nice setup you got there, any pics?

MrSpock2002 Apr 27, 2005 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravY
excuse the mess, just got done painting this room, everything still not where it should be.. and wires need to be cleaned up..

Hitachi 51S500
Harmon Kardon AVR 225
Bose Acoustic Speakers
JVC DVD XV-S500 - Fiber Optic / Component
Samsung OTA SIR-351 - Dig Coax / DVI
Dish Network

I am drooling over that Cabinet setup you have. Very nice! :heart:

MrSpock2002 Apr 27, 2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uber_Tiny
Here is my desk top and computer.

This is my HT system......:cry:

Dont worry about it. Someday you will get it. I wouldnt have my setup now if it werent for me finding the deals that I got.

blindskaters3 May 9, 2005 03:16 PM

my HT!! mini review

hiya guys....im just posting pics of my ht

well thats the room its in, nice a big.

thats the HT screen, it the pioneer 50" plasma (PDP-505XDE), i have to say that hl2 in 720p looks sooooooooo good on this thing, perfect for movies and gaming. tv could be a bit better as its not very good at showing good pictures under about 620p/i (which is was uk sky tv is)!

(just screen)

(top - bottom) sky plus tv, pioneer progressive pure dvd player, plasma pure digital media box, pioneer amp (VSX-C502-S).

dvd - wow this dvd playing is amazing, it will play everything thing i have put in it! mosty copyed dvds :evil: but music, and original dvds....even wmp 10 coded dvd disks. it does dvd up to 1080p and is hdmi ready.
plasma media box - this is were everything is inputed (is that a word), then there is only on wire going up to plasma, at the moment i have everything thing connected using componant (sp?, the three colours)

amp (VSX-C502-S) - well....were to start, i could say loads but im not guna. basicly it does every type of surround sounds and even a few that i have never heard of, it has very clean sounds very good mids and highs. it can do up to 8.1 and has the easyest setup know to man, all you have to do is plug a mic into the phones socket and then put it were you normaly sit and press the setup button and it will set up the pressure, distance, surround sound levels....everything auto.....i would buy it just for this feature!

my speaker, 5 for all surround channels

the sub

im not to sure about the specs of these, i know there hand made out of wood then covered in drop dead sexy SS (stainless steel), i think that they are swidish and the guy that owns the company was the first to make an sub in a box (if ya get me).......http://www.audiopro.com/ (the site) http://www.audiopro.com/products/cin...pm02set5_1.asp (link for speakers and sub) thos link are for anyone that want to read up on them.....oh and i bet your all dieing to know..yea they sound fliping mint..best sound i have ever heard (iv had a few high end speaks/hi-fis)

thanks all

peace

Yosh70 May 9, 2005 04:43 PM

Why do you list the prices you paid for your stuff? I hope you're not trying to impress us because....uhm....you dont.

gmontem May 9, 2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindskaters3
im not to sure about the specs of these, i know there hand made out of wood then covered in drop dead sexy SS (stainless steel),

Stainless steel? The website you linked states the cabinet is made of aluminum. The wood inside you speak is probably MDF. Almost all speakers use MDF enclosures, except for the plastic ones. Some manufacturers glue real wood veneer on top of the MDF to improve upon its appearance.

blindskaters3 May 10, 2005 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmontem
Stainless steel? The website you linked states the cabinet is made of aluminum. The wood inside you speak is probably MDF. Almost all speakers use MDF enclosures, except for the plastic ones. Some manufacturers glue real wood veneer on top of the MDF to improve upon its appearance.

yea you are right but there is no wood at all! they are made of solid aluminum, i said i didnt know much about them but i thought they were SS because it has the same sort of texture as my toster which i know is ss... :nuts:

blindskaters3 May 10, 2005 02:18 AM

sorry for double post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Why do you list the prices you paid for your stuff? I hope you're not trying to impress us because....uhm....you dont.

darn i thought it would impress you :cry: , see what i think is that maybe your trying to be a bit sarki/jelous and well i am a braggin kind of person, and i had to work long hours to pay for all my kit and at the time i could afford it but i still got it well i have just finished paying it off....this is also the same with my car, house, computer, blah, blah.. so i thought if i can share the price with you, why not? i could of got a good deal on say the amp and then some one could ask me were i got it from and help them get a good deal, so it does have a purpose as well..........

peace ( oh and your rig doesnt impress me :lol: )

ATI FURY-OUS May 20, 2005 02:44 PM

my little home cinema setup in me bedroom.

TV - Philips 32PW9509
1st DVD player- Panasonic S27
2nd DVD player- Philips 720sa
Surround- Logitech Z-5500 THX
also under the TV is a pioneer CLD 295 Laserdisc player
Remote- Kameleon 6 in 1 2nd Generation