Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Operating Systems (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   notepad missing and bridged dll? (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33778269)

DarkPretender Aug 27, 2004 10:06 AM

notepad missing and bridged dll?

First off, notepad is missing. Where do I get it and why is it gone?

Secondly, I get this stupid message when I start up saying bridged32.dll or somthign to that affect, is missing.

I have no spyware (scanned twice) and no viruses (two seperate boot-time scans). No clue what the problem is.

Gator Aug 27, 2004 10:18 AM

both files should be located on your XP cd either as stand-alone compressed files, or more likely inside one of the CAB files. Just double-click each CAB file on the CD to find what you are looking for, and replace the missing files yourself.

I'm not sure why they disappeared on you though :(

DarkPretender Aug 27, 2004 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator
both files should be located on your XP cd either as stand-alone compressed files, or more likely inside one of the CAB files. Just double-click each CAB file on the CD to find what you are looking for, and replace the missing files yourself.

I'm not sure why they disappeared on you though :(

I have 3 computers in my house (including a windows 2k mechine) they all get the same bridged.dll message. And when I was working at a friends neighboors house, I got the same thing. Maybe SP2 will fix it...

Gator Aug 27, 2004 06:31 PM

Well I've looked on my own PC and done a websearch, but I am unable to figure out what the hell bridge32.dll or bridged32.dll is. My advice is to download and run Startup Control Panel and disable any unneeded or unknown programs from windows bootup. Hopefully that'll resolve the problem, maybe some program you don't even need is trying to launch it at boot.

If you have trouble finding NOTEPAD.EXE on your XP cd, lemmy know and I'll just email it to you.

DarkPretender Aug 29, 2004 10:35 AM

Quote:

Well I've looked on my own PC and done a websearch, but I am unable to figure out what the hell bridge32.dll or bridged32.dll is. My advice is to download and run Startup Control Panel and disable any unneeded or unknown programs from windows bootup. Hopefully that'll resolve the problem, maybe some program you don't even need is trying to launch it at boot.

If you have trouble finding NOTEPAD.EXE on your XP cd, lemmy know and I'll just email it to you.

ok the problem is no longer that notepad.exe isn't on my computer, but when using text documents it wont allow me to use notepad...if that makes sense..

Its like a registry entry is missing and when clicking .txt files it will ask me what program it should use and notepad isn't on the list and cannot be added. Isn't it registry that will tell what program to use when opening a certain file?

Gator Aug 29, 2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPretender
ok the problem is no longer that notepad.exe isn't on my computer, but when using text documents it wont allow me to use notepad...if that makes sense..

Its like a registry entry is missing and when clicking .txt files it will ask me what program it should use and notepad isn't on the list and cannot be added. Isn't it registry that will tell what program to use when opening a certain file?

right click a TXT file
click OPEN WITH
click CHOOSE PROGRAM
select location C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE

Dr. Zhivago Aug 29, 2004 09:54 PM

You most likely have a virus. Go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com and get a free scan.

Good luck.

Dr. Z

DarkPretender Aug 29, 2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

right click a TXT file
click OPEN WITH
click CHOOSE PROGRAM
select location C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE

sigh...tried many times. It plain doesn't work. No clue why...

As for virus, no way, I keep way up to date on that stuff.