Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34047522)

Lurk May 30, 2018 06:48 PM

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...ase-Notes.aspx

DarkFoss May 31, 2018 11:19 AM

lol went to update via radeon settings and the 18.5.1 driver install even broke express updates..hope a clean install fixes all the messes.

LordHawkwind Jun 1, 2018 01:56 PM

Loaded it up last night and all seems fine.

DarkFoss Jun 1, 2018 05:02 PM

Clean install and every thing is running as well as the 18.4.1 driver.

shadow001 Jun 2, 2018 12:03 AM

Had to be more forceful in the driver install routine and first uninstall the previous set, reboot, install these and reboot yet again......Hadn't been forced to do that with pretty much all driver sets since I got the Vega cards 10 months ago......Time flies....:yep:

Falck Jun 12, 2018 03:45 PM

Just gonna mention that for us with Ryzen series CPUs AMD also updated their chipset/raid/etc drivers this month!

pax Jun 13, 2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falck (Post 1338073991)
Just gonna mention that for us with Ryzen series CPUs AMD also updated their chipset/raid/etc drivers this month!

Link? Or is it part of the graphics driver...

bill dennison Jun 14, 2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338074279)
Link? Or is it part of the graphics driver...

https://support.amd.com/en-us/downlo...%2010%20-%2064

pax Jun 15, 2018 10:51 AM

I forgot to come back and post that lol. Seems they updated the sound chip as mobo sound sounds quite a bit better. Bootups are blazing fast now.

Might have been a while since I touched on chipset drivers.

NWR_Midnight Jun 15, 2018 11:07 AM

I am trying to figure out gow to install the damn chpset driver. Keeps bringing up gpu driver info/setup. even if I click on custom install which was the onky way to get around the same issue when I installed the first release for the x470MB, it just shows only the gpu items, no chipset options.

I shouldn't have to uninstall the gpu drivers to install chipset drivers as some people have suggested in my google searches.

pax Jun 15, 2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight (Post 1338074614)
I am trying to figure out gow to install the damn chpset driver. Keeps bringing up gpu driver info/setup. even if I click on custom install which was the onky way to get around the same issue when I installed the first release for the x470MB, it just shows only the gpu items, no chipset options.

I shouldn't have to uninstall the gpu drivers to install chipset drivers as some people have suggested in my google searches.

Ya saw that. Its odd. It goes through the Radeon settings interface. Just choose the 18.10 set under updates and you're good to go. It wont bother the gpu driver.

NWR_Midnight Jun 15, 2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338074636)
Ya saw that. Its odd. It goes through the Radeon settings interface. Just choose the 18.10 set under updates and you're good to go. It wont bother the gpu driver.

I tried that, and it said the drivers where already up to date, but i just downloaded the newest ones and hadn't updated them yet, so i know they are to date. I also have windows 10 set to not update hardware drivers.. i will mess with it again when i get home fron work.

UPDATE 6/16/2018: Well, I tried to install them by just hitting next even though it said they where all up to date. It did something because it wouldn't freeze on windows loading screen after rebooting. Only way I could get it to boot is go into bios, and reset it, and reload my settings. Then it would boot ok until next restart, rinse and repeat. SO, I ended up uninstalling all AMD software, DDU the GPU drivers, rebooting and installing the chipset drivers first, which the installer showed no current drivers installed. rebooted, which did not freeze. then installed the latest GPU drivers, and all is fine now. Gotta love it.

I did get one blue screen yesterday which is the first I have had with this new setup. Not sure if it was caused by the drivers or bios setting I changed. I reverted the bios setting back, and we will see.

Update #2 6/17/2018: Same problems today. Learned that it installed only partial chipset drivers, and either Windows 10 screwed up, or the installer did, as I have 2 GPIO controllers listed in device manager, yet it was running December drivers on 1, and the new driver on the other. This happened with all the AMD devices, either outdated drivers, or a combination of new and old. So I uninstalled all AMD devices from device manger, as well as checked the box to delete driver. Rebooted (no issues rebooting as before). Device manager had the yellow ? for the devices I uninstalled. Re installed chipset drivers, rebooted, and this time, it installed ALL devices with the newest drivers and booted up with no issues. Re-installed latest display drivers, and all seems fine so far. (we will see).