Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Help with bridged router (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34037846)

Fleksta Apr 20, 2017 04:16 PM

Help with bridged router

Hi Guys,

I just set up a refurb Linkys EA6400 in the bedroom & set it to bridge mode. The router passes ethernet just fine, but the wifi is not working.

I have it set to broadcast both the 2.4Ghz "n" & 5Ghz "ac" networks, but my laptop only sees the 2.4. It can still see the weaker 5Ghz "ac" network from the main router across the house.

When I navigate to the connectivity page, it has the 5Ghz channels in the 2.4 section, and no options to choose from in the 5Ghz section (see pics)

When I try to connect to the visible 2.4 network, it just tells me my password is incorrect.

Do I have a dud router or am I missing something?

0091/2 Apr 20, 2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleksta (Post 1337976405)
Hi Guys,

I just set up a refurb Linkys EA6400 in the bedroom & set it to bridge mode. The router passes ethernet just fine, but the wifi is not working.

I have it set to broadcast both the 2.4Ghz "n" & 5Ghz "ac" networks, but my laptop only sees the 2.4. It can still see the weaker 5Ghz "ac" network from the main router across the house.

When I navigate to the connectivity page, it has the 5Ghz channels in the 2.4 section, and no options to choose from in the 5Ghz section (see pics)

When I try to connect to the visible 2.4 network, it just tells me my password is incorrect.

Do I have a dud router or am I missing something?

EDIT: Not sure why the pics aren't embedded, they're in tags.

You need to remove anything after .png
Did you try the login with another browser? I think you should factory reset the firmware and to see if it's up to date.

Fleksta Apr 20, 2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0091/2 (Post 1337976427)
You need to remove anything after .png
Did you try the login with another browser? I think you should factory reset the firmware and to see if it's up to date.

Thanks, fixed the links.

I ran the updater and it says the latest firmware is installed. The channel options remain the same in both Firefox and Chrome.

0091/2 Apr 20, 2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleksta (Post 1337976430)
Thanks, fixed the links.

I ran the updater and it says the latest firmware is installed. The channel options remain the same in both Firefox and Chrome.

Did you factory reset the router?
Reset button
—Press and hold this button for 10 seconds (until the port
lights flash at the same time) to reset the router to its factory defaults.
You can also restore the defaults using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.

Fleksta Apr 20, 2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0091/2 (Post 1337976432)
Did you factory reset the router?
Reset button
—Press and hold this button for 10 seconds (until the port
lights flash at the same time) to reset the router to its factory defaults.
You can also restore the defaults using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.

Just did this, set to bridge mode again leaving everything else default and the result is the same.

NWR_Midnight Apr 20, 2017 08:51 PM

This may help you, though it is a different router model however:

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wir...ode/m-p/815408

Fleksta Apr 20, 2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight (Post 1337976445)
This may help you, though it is a different router model however:

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wir...ode/m-p/815408

Performed another reset, then went through the manual configuration...still not working.

I think this one is going back to Amazon.

NWR_Midnight Apr 20, 2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleksta (Post 1337976451)
Performed another reset, then went through the manual configuration...still not working.

I think this one is going back to Amazon.

click on the link the guy suggests and read the comments the suggested link, it doesn't talk about resetting the modem, talks about a bug with IP address (in the suggested link) and the next comment after the suggested link tells you what to do. Has to do with using a static IP address to get it working.

If you have already done what it says, then it could be a faulty router, or a firmware issue (have you tried new firmware, or downgrading firmware?)

Fleksta Apr 20, 2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight (Post 1337976454)
click on the link the guy suggests and read the comments the suggested link, it doesn't talk about resetting the modem, talks about a bug with IP address (in the suggested link) and the next comment after the suggested link tells you what to do. Has to do with using a static IP address to get it working.

That's what I did, no change. I'm just going to try a different router or maybe a signal repeater instead.

Fleksta Apr 22, 2017 11:40 AM

I seem to be having poor luck with Linksys refurbs. The WRT1200AC I ordered to replace the ea6400 came out of the box with the blinking power light of death (corrupt firmware) :mad:

NWR_Midnight Apr 23, 2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleksta (Post 1337976926)
I seem to be having poor luck with Linksys refurbs. The WRT1200AC I ordered to replace the ea6400 came out of the box with the blinking power light of death (corrupt firmware) :mad:

maybe you should not buy refurbs.. :D (I haven't had a linksys router in years, so is it possible they have just gone to crap?)