Skynet
Nov 21, 2006, 01:35 AM
love watching stuff like that lol

cheers

Same, dunno why. :p

Quickstrike
Nov 21, 2006, 02:35 AM
Excellent.

This just reminds me that my motorcycle is in storage for the winter :(.

clerick
Nov 21, 2006, 02:38 AM
Props to the biker, major balls right there.

Ne0Griever
Nov 21, 2006, 02:39 AM
Reminds me of that chase scene in the Matrix Reloaded.

Kinda stupid showing off like that though.

Hordsak
Nov 21, 2006, 10:50 AM
I like watching it too, but I can't help but think about the innocent people on the road that are having their lives endangered. Look at the end, the cop almost gets owned.

RedQueen
Nov 21, 2006, 11:02 AM
Good driver :) makes me want to play GTA again.. once my sister and I had soo much fun blasting down the highway on a motorbike, on the opposite lane (like matrix). The GTA drivers are crazy.. there would be crashes and drivers beating up each other in the middle of the highways like every few seconds. (accidents not caused by us). haha fun fun.

>_< but I don't condone it in real life. BadBad.

aop
Nov 21, 2006, 11:34 AM
I have a 158MB 14 minutes long clip filmed by a police. A biker tries to escape police and finally gets a bit hurt.

dreamwalker
Nov 21, 2006, 11:36 AM
They should have called in the Italian police :bleh:

http://www.dumbcrooks.com/gallery/albums/police-cars/Lamborghini_Gallardo_Italian_Police_Car.jpg

http://www.lifeinitaly.com/italian-cars/images/Lamborghini_Police_Car.jpg

noodles
Nov 21, 2006, 12:32 PM
Forget the Italian police. Bring in the Spaniards.

0kIiE4zDCVE

Soulkrusha
Nov 21, 2006, 12:34 PM
I like watching it too, but I can't help but think about the innocent people on the road that are having their lives endangered. Look at the end, the cop almost gets owned.

Exactly.

:)

Lupine
Nov 21, 2006, 12:38 PM
moved to motoring

I used to pull that kind of crap on my CBR. One thing some fail to realize is that you can't outrun a radio. The guy was lucky (assuming he was never caught), as were the people on the road that were endangered.

But oh what an adrenaline rush. :p

JonZ
Nov 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
yeah, one friends of my brother tried to attempted something like that 10 years ago. The police were chasing him but couldn't reach him. They stopped him on a barrage few mins later :bleh:

_TiTaNiuM
Nov 21, 2006, 12:58 PM
Props to the biker, major balls right there.

If it was in a car or some form of street racing, this thread would be nothing but flames, but since its a dude on a bike, nothing wrong with that right?

"But a car puts more people in danger!"

Any more than say, a 600lb metal rocket moving at 100+mph?...

How bout this little brain twister? What about the cop who puts up chase? He's in a car an essentially racing on the streets to catch the bike... NOW I'VE GOT YOU THINKING! Oh right, doesnt he get T-boned at the end of the video? A few people were injured here to say the least, so all those street racing videos where noone gets hurt and you wag your fingers... Keep in mind you people have just applauded a biker causing a wreck and injuring human lives on public roads in heavy traffic.

MasterGoa
Nov 21, 2006, 01:57 PM
Cause there was nothing good on TV....

Bad way to spend time IMHO...

ASCI Blue
Nov 21, 2006, 08:03 PM
Ghost Rider owns. He'd out perform that miserable Lamborghini too.

Treeckcold57
Nov 21, 2006, 11:21 PM
if I have nice Yamaha R1 and good skill driving then I can outrun from lamborghini police car. :bleh:

logical
Nov 21, 2006, 11:35 PM
That spaniard video is brutal lol.

Defrag
Nov 22, 2006, 04:46 PM

Yep. :yes:

One can only hope these people kill themselves before they hurt or kill someone else. Don't think there's anything "cool" about doing stuff like this. Bloody idiot!!!! :down:

g-a-m-e
Nov 22, 2006, 05:11 PM
oh crap the seriousness of you boring farts is killing me :ugh:

You are seriously saying you did not laugh at the cop getting owned ? :lol:

_TiTaNiuM
Nov 22, 2006, 06:25 PM
oh crap the seriousness of you boring farts is killing me :ugh:

You are seriously saying you did not laugh at the cop getting owned ? :lol:
No, I did not laugh at the poor guy who got in a wreck and possibly injured DOING HIS JOB. All because some punk tried to be a badass. Now some poor fella needs to get his car repaired and the cop has to fill out some god awful amount of paperwork and explain to his supervisor that some punk ass kid was ****ing with a cop.

ASCI Blue
Nov 22, 2006, 08:56 PM
cop shoulda been smart enough not to chase'em.

Lupine
Nov 22, 2006, 09:19 PM
cop shoulda been smart enough not to chase'em.
Usually the follow them via radio. I suspect the % of people who actually get away is quite small, especially in an open environment like that one. I never got caught, but most of my adventures were in rural communities near state lines or other areas w/ lots of escape routes. And I was too damn lucky for my own good.

Mmm_Beefy
Nov 22, 2006, 09:22 PM
No, I did not laugh at the poor guy who got in a wreck and possibly injured DOING HIS JOB. All because some punk tried to be a badass. Now some poor fella needs to get his car repaired and the cop has to fill out some god awful amount of paperwork and explain to his supervisor that some punk ass kid was ****ing with a cop.

odd that someone with an avatar with flames coming out of exhaust, on a street none the less would feel that way;)

j/k

cheers

Trunks0
Nov 22, 2006, 10:24 PM
It is Ghost Rider (as mentioned earlier), he's never gotten in big trouble from what I know and there is hours of footage of him doing this in europe.

lukebuz
Nov 22, 2006, 11:46 PM
I learned my lesson - don't run. I ran and got busted :eek:
It doesn't matter how fast your car is, or how big of a lead you have - just don't try it.
I was going 52 in a 35 - and he was on the OTHER SIDE of a divided highway, so he hit me with the lights, I floored it. He had to go 2 blocks and turn around - and then follow me.
I was flying through small town highways and ducking into side streets, and hid out at a mall parking lot. ****ing 20 seconds later, he comes rolling in with lights, and right up to me.
****!
Last about 3 mins, and that was it. Funny thing? I only got a speeding ticket. Thought for sure i was gonna hauled off to jail or loose my license.
whew

g-a-m-e
Nov 23, 2006, 01:11 AM

yeah, on second thought you are right. It's a goddamned tragedy, you really hit a nerve with me :cry:

except ... NOT BWAHAHAHA

It's funny, you really should realize that

DivineUnknown
Nov 23, 2006, 12:10 PM
yeah, on second thought you are right. It's a goddamned tragedy, you really hit a nerve with me :cry:

except ... NOT BWAHAHAHA

It's funny, you really should realize that

^
^
^
:yep:

OverclockN'
Nov 23, 2006, 02:21 PM
I don't see why anyone would run from the cops at all. If your doing something wrong and get busted, take it like a man.

I got busted for drag racing back in college, lost my license and had to pay for it for 3 years. Then a month ago I got busted doing 100+ in my Vette on an empty freeway at 2am in the morning. My car is black and it was so damn dark, hardly any lights on the freeway. I could have been GONE if I dropped the hammer. The thought of running or trying to evade never crossed my mind even once.

He let me off with a 90-95mph speeding ticket in a 55mph zone and a $825 ticket. It could have been much worse. And to think those are the only tickets I've had, ever. :(

Don't run, it's just plain stupid.

Defrag
Nov 23, 2006, 03:10 PM

No, the tragedy is when this results in serious accident or death for the motorcyclist or more importantly the people around (police officers, other people in traffic etc).

It is simply sad that there are morons who think it's "cool" to "own" the police officers and to risk causing injury or death to other people in traffic. :bleh: :down:

g-a-m-e
Nov 23, 2006, 03:28 PM
ugh :boredtodeath:

the video is funny. period

Defrag
Nov 23, 2006, 03:37 PM
ugh :boredtodeath:

the video is funny. period

The guy is an ass and risking injury or death to others. Period.

The fact that no-one got injured or killed doesn't change that.

Mmm_Beefy
Nov 24, 2006, 03:31 AM
well its funny, here in the US a big market is reality TV, including titles like "Tales from the highway patrol" (no longer aired tho)
COPS
RealTV
etc etc.

when theres a high speed chase on the news literally everyone pauses to watch it.
a lot of people also follow nascar and the such to see crashes.
doesnt mean these/all people who do want to see anyone hurt, but everyone enjoys watching a good chase now and again, and as long as no one is hurt meh, life goes on.

i took a shower this morning.. i didnt slip, bust my head and kill myself, but you wont see me dwell on the "what if" for that.
i walked into a little store in my area today, no one picked that time to rob it, shooting me and the owner.. i wont dwell on that near miss either.

cheers

Beak
Nov 26, 2006, 05:40 AM
Its Ghostrider and hes never been cuaght far as his videos go once he hits 190mph not even the helicopters can keep up.

ASCI Blue
Nov 29, 2006, 01:31 PM
Usually the follow them via radio. I suspect the % of people who actually get away is quite small, especially in an open environment like that one. I never got caught, but most of my adventures were in rural communities near state lines or other areas w/ lots of escape routes. And I was too damn lucky for my own good.

Cars generally don't get away but I've known plenty of bikers who have. As long as they don't wreck the bikes can generally out perform the cop cars in cornering, speed, and everything else. On a wide open area like that sure a cop car can catch up but it'll be motorolla that does the hard work. On a populated area the bikes will almost always get away, a big ol'car ust can't move like a bike.

Lupine
Nov 29, 2006, 10:30 PM
Cars generally don't get away but I've known plenty of bikers who have. As long as they don't wreck the bikes can generally out perform the cop cars in cornering, speed, and everything else. On a wide open area like that sure a cop car can catch up but it'll be motorolla that does the hard work. On a populated area the bikes will almost always get away, a big ol'car ust can't move like a bike.
Once radios get involved a bikes superior handling is pretty much null & void. Add a helicopter and its game over. I outran cops more than a couple of times on my CBR, and was fortunate to have escaped before multiple cops got involved. The last couple of times the severity of the situations finally started sinking in, and the last time I did it I actually grounded myself and garaged the bike for two weeks. Very lucky I didn't hurt myself or others, or ended up with a record.

The Pig
Nov 30, 2006, 11:39 PM
I enjoyed the video regardless of the *possible* consequences.

The police officer should have known better than to chase him into a wrong way though. It's called letting him go and radioing the next guy ahead.

Floruro
Dec 3, 2006, 12:04 PM
Ha.. this is nuts.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/run-from-cops.html

Check his 499bhp hayabusa turbo:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3782253552333925501 :nuts:

SquireSCA
Dec 3, 2006, 09:52 PM
if I have nice Yamaha R1 and good skill driving then I can outrun from lamborghini police car. :bleh:

Not in a straight line. The R1 will accelerate faster, but the car has a much higher top speed.

SquireSCA
Dec 3, 2006, 10:01 PM
I thought I was gonna get pulled over yesterday. Was almost home from riding all afternoon and came around a nice sweet fairly tight uphill turn at 85 in a 45mph zone, bike leaned over and loving it, and who passes me? A cop. I was like ****! and just eased off the throttle and tried to look casual and was waiting for the lights and they never came. I wouldn't have run though, although the temptation is always there.

Last time I was pulled over with 2 friends of mine as we headed up to the mountains, a cop pulled us over for doing 68 in a 45. We immedialely pulled over and the cop was very cool. He liked that we were all in full leathers and that the bikes were clean and well maintained and not banged up, so he figured that while we were speeding a bit, we seemed safe and responsible enough and he let us go with a verbal warning.

He also thanked us for not running.

Lupine
Dec 3, 2006, 10:11 PM
When I was riding, I don't remember single time a cop going the opposite direction turned around to pursue me. I suspect 1) they know the odds are pretty bad that they'll even see a speeding bike again since it takes time to slow, turn around, and try to catch up and 2) they simply use their radio to notify anyone ahead of the biker that someone is coming their way.

I remember one time when I was heading home early am one morning after my shift at the lounge. I wasn't going insanely fast, but fast enough to keep ahead of a friend of mine in his truck, and probably at a high-RPM so the bike was loud. Pulled into my driveway and, within 30sec or so, a cop pulled up and asked how fast I'd been going. I told him I wasn't going too fast, but probably faster than I should have been. He was really easygoing, so it got me to thinking. I asked him if he rode, if he was the officer in our town who owned the CBR600F2. He grinned and said yes. Ended up talking with him for about an hour, with him telling us about some of the really good country roads for riding, places w/ lots of curves and good straights, places that weren't patrolled. Afterward he simply asked me to keep the RPMs down a bit in town, especially late at night. My friend was in awe. I didn't hear the end that one for awhile.

Most cops are pretty cool. They're mostly interested in keeping people safe. I rode fast a lot, but usually safe and always in full riding gear. My stupid moments were legendary and I'm lucky to have lived through them. Fast is fine, but safe is best.

ASCI Blue
Dec 4, 2006, 12:18 AM
Once radios get involved a bikes superior handling is pretty much null & void. Add a helicopter and its game over. I outran cops more than a couple of times on my CBR, and was fortunate to have escaped before multiple cops got involved. The last couple of times the severity of the situations finally started sinking in, and the last time I did it I actually grounded myself and garaged the bike for two weeks. Very lucky I didn't hurt myself or others, or ended up with a record.

I'll go with depends on location. Unless some really good planning is put into effect you can have all the radios in the world and still can't catch someone. Living where I am now I can think of a handful of places that would have to have roadblocks set up to prevent me from getting off the highway. Toss in that one of the ossifers involved would have to be right about where I'd be getting off and it becomes a gamble.

This assumes they don't block off the highway itself. In which case it's game over.

ShaidarHaran
Dec 4, 2006, 09:21 AM

The only person endangering anyone's lives other than their own in this case was the police officer. The biker can't hurt anyone in a car, the cop can (and most likely did in that accident).

squid
Dec 4, 2006, 10:15 AM
Its Ghostrider and hes never been cuaght far as his videos go once he hits 190mph not even the helicopters can keep up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_%28stunts%29

Defrag
Dec 4, 2006, 01:28 PM
The only person endangering anyone's lives other than their own in this case was the police officer. The biker can't hurt anyone in a car, the cop can (and most likely did in that accident).

:nuts:

Of course he can.

Lupine
Dec 4, 2006, 02:23 PM
Here's just one example (thanks google) debunking your theory. There are many many more.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5968/wrecket5.jpg

A car and motorcycle wreck on U.S. 72 at Dupree Worthey Road killed both drivers Friday night (http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/051022/wreck.shtml)

noodles
Dec 4, 2006, 03:10 PM
Here's just one example (thanks google) debunking your theory. There are many many more.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5968/wrecket5.jpg

A car and motorcycle wreck on U.S. 72 at Dupree Worthey Road killed both drivers Friday night (http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/051022/wreck.shtml)
That HAS to be faked. Is it REALLY possible that a 450-500lb motorcycle with a 150-200lb rider can kill someone. Say it aint so! :rolleyes:

Shaidar your grasp on physics and real-life are tenuous at best.:nuts:

Defrag
Dec 4, 2006, 03:40 PM
That HAS to be faked. Is it REALLY possible that a 450-500lb motorcycle with a 150-200lb rider can kill someone. Say it aint so! :rolleyes:

Shaidar your grasp on physics and real-life are tenuous at best.:nuts:

Yep, it's very possible.

Shaidar:
E=1/2 mv^2. Kinetic energy increases with the square of the speed.

If you take a head-on collision at 50 km/h (about 31mph), the relative speed of the bike is 100km/h (62mph).

Taking a bike weighing 180 kilos (almost 400 pounds) gives:

Hmm.. was a bit long since physics.. v is in m/s, of course. so 100km/h = 27.7 m/s.

which should give 1/2 * 180 * 27.7^2 = 69.000 Joule.
That looks better :)

This is disregarding the driver (who might be thrown over the car, or possibly through the windshield).

And anyway.. the capability of a motorcyclist to directly kill someone in a vehicle (though firmly established by Lupines link) is rather beside the point. The point is that someone driving like an ass, overtaking between cars, cutting in front of cars etc can cause an accident where other drivers can be injured or killed. Whether or not they get directly killed by the motorcycle smashing into the car is irrelevant. :bleh:

AluminumHaste
Dec 9, 2006, 10:21 AM
Isn't that Ghostrider's 500+ turbo Hayabusa??

Alientank
Dec 9, 2006, 03:30 PM

And also guys, remember it's totally safe to go 100+ mph on a winding road in Shaidars Saturn. Just ask him, he'll let you know!

dreamwalker
Dec 9, 2006, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure if this is the same guy or not; but this is nuts..

GQ-A3mr6jXQ

Scott
Dec 10, 2006, 02:06 AM
Am I bad for thinking it would be cool just once to see a car driver cut in front of a guy like that and flip him into the ditch? I wanna see that video.

Lupine
Dec 10, 2006, 02:08 AM
Am I bad for thinking it would be cool just once to see a car driver cut in front of a guy like that and flip him into the ditch? I wanna see that video.
I'm hoping for a random car door opening at the right time. :yes:

Scott
Dec 10, 2006, 02:40 AM
I'm hoping for a random car door opening at the right time. :yes:

Truthfully I was thinking the same thing, but then why would someone driving down the highway open their door. Maybe to let him in?

"Here, wanna place to hide buddy?"

WHAMMY

Lupine
Dec 10, 2006, 04:20 AM
Truthfully I was thinking the same thing, but then why would someone driving down the highway open their door. Maybe to let him in?

"Here, wanna place to hide buddy?"

WHAMMY
That last vid started with him riding through a neighborhood if I'm not mistaken. But yes, an unexpected lane change would do fine as well. :evil:

g-a-m-e
Dec 10, 2006, 03:49 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/dumb-police-dog.html

Anyone who doesnt find this funny should end his life immediately to put himself out of his misery.

ShaidarHaran
Dec 10, 2006, 04:34 PM
:nuts:

Of course he can.

How? You think a motorcycle hitting a vehicle at those speeds would do anything other than instantly kill the motorcyclist, destroy his bike, and perhaps make a large dent in the other vehicle?

:no: You are the wrongs.

ShaidarHaran
Dec 10, 2006, 04:35 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/dumb-police-dog.html

Anyone who doesnt find this funny should end his life immediately to put himself out of his misery.

:lol: @ video

:rolleyes: @ comment

Lupine
Dec 10, 2006, 05:01 PM
How? You think a motorcycle hitting a vehicle at those speeds would do anything other than instantly kill the motorcyclist, destroy his bike, and perhaps make a large dent in the other vehicle?

:no: You are the wrongs.
Apparently you did not see the link I provided. You CANNOT support your argument that a motorcycle accident involving a car has cannot kill an some or all of the car's occupants. It has happened and it continues to happen.

ShaidarHaran
Dec 10, 2006, 06:12 PM
Apparently you did not see the link I provided. You CANNOT support your argument that a motorcycle accident involving a car has cannot kill an some or all of the car's occupants. It has happened and it continues to happen.

A motorcycle accident under these exact conditions? I doubt it. Sure, when a motorcycle hits a car HEAD-ON and enters the passenger compartment you'd better believe there's going to be potential for vehicle occupant death.

However, this guy was riding on a divided highway, going with the flow of traffic. How's he going to kill someone by running into the back of their vehicle and having his ass flipped over it?

Defrag
Dec 11, 2006, 06:44 AM
However, this guy was riding on a divided highway, going with the flow of traffic. How's he going to kill someone by running into the back of their vehicle and having his ass flipped over it?
:rolleyes:
Even if running into the back of a vehicle (or into the side or whatever) doesn't directly kill the driver or passengers he might very well cause the car to swerve out of control, cause the driver to try to steer clear etc resulting in serious injury or death. Don't be an idiot and continue arguing that someone driving like this only risks damage to himself. There are plenty of examples proving you wrong. Period.

GRimm862
Dec 11, 2006, 11:10 AM
Ghost Rider owns. He'd out perform that miserable Lamborghini too.
Have you seen the vid where ghost rider pretends to be a cop on a bike and chases a BMW Mcoupe. It's a great vid the mcoupe really moves It blew me away at how well that car can handle.
zwCp_AgkFdM

ShaidarHaran
Dec 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
:rolleyes:
Even if running into the back of a vehicle (or into the side or whatever) doesn't directly kill the driver or passengers he might very well cause the car to swerve out of control, cause the driver to try to steer clear etc resulting in serious injury or death. Don't be an idiot and continue arguing that someone driving like this only risks damage to himself. There are plenty of examples proving you wrong. Period.

How? A bike that weighs perhaps 300 lbs ain't got **** for momentum or inertial mass compared to a 4000 lb + vehicle.

The Pig
Dec 11, 2006, 11:52 PM
Sorry Shaider, but you're grasping for straws now. It's really not that hard to admit you are wrong on an internet forum. No one will stop liking you so don't worry.

ShaidarHaran
Dec 12, 2006, 09:04 PM
Sorry Shaider, but you're grasping for straws now. It's really not that hard to admit you are wrong on an internet forum. No one will stop liking you so don't worry.

:lol: yeah, using physics in my argument instead of just saying "I'm right, you're wrong, stop talking now" sure is "grasping for straws" :rolleyes:

noodles
Dec 13, 2006, 09:03 AM
I guess somebody didn't like my post.