PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] catalyst control center wont start?

GeneticDrift
Aug 2, 2006, 04:32 PM
i click it and nothing happens, any thoughts???

jforkner
Aug 2, 2006, 05:27 PM
Iíve got the same problem since I installed my new X1900GT card. It worked initially after installation of the provided v6.5, then I got an error message stating I did not have permission to change CCC settings. System is a Dell Dimension 8400, previously running an X300 card.

Dialog with ATI had me uninstalling/installing versions 5.11, 6.5, 6.6, and 6.7. I currently have v6.7 loaded, and still cannot access CCC. I do not get an error message; just a brief hourglass, then nothing. Iím running .NET 1.1. I loaded .NET 2.0, and got same thing----no CCC---so I unloaded it.

ATI canít solve problem. Any possible solutions out there???

Thanks.

Jack

DigitalSin
Aug 2, 2006, 06:24 PM
If it is feasible for you, try not installing .Net 1.x and only installing .Net 2.x. This may or may not require a Windows reinstall, i.e. if you can't use a system restore save point to do a roll-back.

What I suggest is to uninstall everything ATI - all ATI drivers & software + reboot, then delete the ATI Tech. entries in the windows registry + then only install .Net 2.0 + security fix + reboot, then install the catalyst 6.7 + reboot.

Dizzy yet :nuts:

That should work though...

jforkner
Aug 2, 2006, 06:59 PM
The following posted by fsleeper finally fixed the problem for me.

"Here is what you do:
1. Open your services (Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services)
2. Find the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service
3. Right-Click on it and select "Stop" (leave this window open)
4. Browse to your System32 Directory (Start->Run. Type "C:\Windows\System32" and click "Ok" button
5. Look for a directory named "wbem"
6. Open this directory (double-click on wbem name)
7. Rename the directory named "Repository" to something like "Repository_OLD" (right click on the "Repository" directory name and select "Rename" and type the new name for the directory and press Enter)
8. Close the window
9. You should be at the Services window again. If not, repeat step 1 to get the services window back open.
10. Find the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service
11. Right-Click on it and select "Start"
12. Reboot

Viola! The error is finally gone...."

Jack

Aunomonopia
Aug 15, 2006, 08:14 PM
The following posted by fsleeper finally fixed the problem for me.

"Here is what you do:
1. Open your services (Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services)
2. Find the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service
3. Right-Click on it and select "Stop" (leave this window open)
4. Browse to your System32 Directory (Start->Run. Type "C:\Windows\System32" and click "Ok" button
5. Look for a directory named "wbem"
6. Open this directory (double-click on wbem name)
7. Rename the directory named "Repository" to something like "Repository_OLD" (right click on the "Repository" directory name and select "Rename" and type the new name for the directory and press Enter)
8. Close the window
9. You should be at the Services window again. If not, repeat step 1 to get the services window back open.
10. Find the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service
11. Right-Click on it and select "Start"
12. Reboot

Viola! The error is finally gone...."

Jack

I just followed your instructions and my CCC will still not load. I have tried ALL suggestions and nothing I try resolves this issue.

Except, I installed a fresh copy of window xp pro on an old 60GB hard drive and CCC loads fine on clean intstall of windows............ ATI PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ggaky00
Aug 16, 2006, 06:00 AM
i had the same problem since the 6.3 cats
hahaha, the reason was the security suite i was using (mcaffee). for some wierd reason it prevented ccc from opening. maybe it had blocked a script or something.
anyhow, the time was past for renewing mcaffee lisense so i installed norton internet secrity
guess what.. the problem was solved

(just my 2 cents)

cheers !!!

Falcon1
Aug 16, 2006, 01:39 PM
Try this: Run "Control Center Basic" from your programms menu. This worked for me, with 6.4 or 6.3 when CCC wouldn't come up.

ClarkF1
Aug 16, 2006, 04:35 PM
I tracked down the problem on my system.

I had to enable the service Security Accounts Manager

Furious
Aug 1, 2007, 10:16 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm having the same problem with Vista Ultimate. When I click on CCC the little circle comes up a few times but CCC doesn't start.

When I try to repair the install I get a message about "issues" during the install and to check the log but it can't find the log file.

Any help is appreciated.

preal1
Aug 2, 2007, 09:07 AM
i had the same problem with the catalyst control center, it just didnt load or execute, even after unnistalling and installing again.

Just run the Windows installer Cleanup, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 delete all relative to ATI, CCC, Catalyst, restart and reinstall the drivers with catalyst.

It works with no problems

Thanks to GIZMO for the support:D

Furious
Aug 2, 2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the tip I'll give that a try.

Furious
Aug 2, 2007, 08:07 PM
Still no joy. Once I remove everything it goes to the Generic VGA adapter and won't install the new drivers. I get the "Cannot copy to specified target." error

I'm glad Vista's restore function works fine. :)

Duke Eiter
Aug 3, 2007, 04:16 AM
I have the same problem under Vista 64. CCC does not start: Catalyst Control centre: Host Application does not funktion anymore. Ive tried Cat 7.5, 7.6 & 7.7 and the tipp with the "windows install clean up" utility. No success.

Maison5
Aug 8, 2007, 02:58 AM
I had this problem once, i fixed it by opening task manager, new task, mom.exe, and it started to work ever since. (MOM.exe is in the ati folder somewhere) Check if mom.exe is running in processes before you do it.

Hope it works:)

Furious
Aug 8, 2007, 03:55 AM
Didn't work but thanks for the idea.

Furious
Aug 16, 2007, 08:04 PM
Same old story with the 7.8's. Reported to ATi feedback. Frustrating.

cat509
Aug 19, 2007, 02:05 AM
Furious do you have a router with a firewall with it in addition to the firewalls(s) on your computer? I am having the same problem you are. I looked at the log on the firewall that is will my router since I unblocked CCC from the firewalls on my vista computer (windows and trend-micro). It has a list of attacks that it stopped at the same time I kept on trying to start ccc on my computer. I have a support ticket in to the maker of my router to see how I can add ccc to the unblock list. Please let me know if this works for you. I'll post if I hear from them and let you know if that solved this problem.

Thanks!

Cathy

Rad2owns
Aug 19, 2007, 12:21 PM
Windows Vista Ultimate and it stopped working when I installed cats 7.7 now
it dosnt matter what I do ccc wont launch including everything in this thread.
Mom.exe wont stay active it just turns off a second after it launches.
Uninstalled and reinstalled cats 7.1 - 7.7 and 6.12 still a no go.
I added mom to my firewall as well.

Rad2owns
Aug 19, 2007, 01:36 PM
My CCC works now.
Heres what I did.
I download the Cats 7.9 Betas from here
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33899563

I unpacked them and ran the Cat Install manager upgraded it to
the newer 7.9 CIM uninstalled everything, rebooted.
Installed 7.8 and rebooted.
CCC now works.

Furious
Aug 29, 2007, 09:18 PM
I started thinking that perhaps my problem was a permissions problem based on Vista's new "administrator" account. I was also having problems installing two optional Vista updates, one for my nVIDIA SATA controller and the other for my Acer 22" monitor. Turns out I was right.

First I tried installing the Cat 7.8's using "Run as administrator". Still didn't work. I then found this website that showed me how to enable the real administrator account.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t537806.html

Using the true administrator account enabled me to install the Cat 7.8's and the Vista updates.

Thanks Micro$oft and your Big Brother crap. :nuts:

I hope stuff like this finally gets fixed in SP1.

Gimpymoo
Nov 15, 2008, 12:26 AM
I had this problem once, i fixed it by opening task manager, new task, mom.exe, and it started to work ever since. (MOM.exe is in the ati folder somewhere) Check if mom.exe is running in processes before you do it.

Hope it works:)

Hey, this worked for me. Was better than having to restart the PC. Thanks for the post.

For anyone else having the same issue in the future, the file is located in:

x:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static

Felix35071
Jun 21, 2009, 01:08 PM
I may have found a solution... I downloaded and installed -----> Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable... and it worked after a restart. just search that on Google and it's the first one. Tell me if it works for you too.

mikewatson002
Feb 13, 2010, 06:52 PM
I uninstalled my old drivers, as well as uninstalled all the ATI stuff that I had just instelled off the CD, then installed the updated stuff I got from : http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Hope this helps someone.

Chythar
Jul 30, 2010, 12:57 AM
This is an old thread, but it's one of the top search results for "ccc won't run" so I wanted to post another possible solution here. My solution was to clear out the Windows GAC (Global Assembly Cache). In Windows 7, you can browse directly to "C:\Windows\assembly". Sort by "Public Key Token", then delete everything with the Token "90ba9c70f846762e" (ATI's key). You'll obviously need Administrator privileges. No reboot needed either. Reinstalled CCC and it ran perfectly!

The GAC lets you share DLL's that are the same version number. If it's in the GAC, any installer will NOT install a new DLL - it'll use the one in the GAC. If the GAC DLL is corrupted, you're majorly SOL.

When I reinstalled the CCC, it took longer to install then it had before. Presumably, this was due to the installer copying all the correct DLL's to my hard drive. And no ATI DLL's have made it back into my GAC.

To give credit to the original poster, here's the page I found this fix on:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobility-radeon-drivers-support/186707-problems-installing-catalyst-control-center.html

itamu77
Aug 14, 2010, 08:41 PM
This is an old thread, but it's one of the top search results for "ccc won't run" so I wanted to post another possible solution here. My solution was to clear out the Windows GAC (Global Assembly Cache). In Windows 7, you can browse directly to "C:\Windows\assembly". Sort by "Public Key Token", then delete everything with the Token "90ba9c70f846762e" (ATI's key). You'll obviously need Administrator privileges. No reboot needed either. Reinstalled CCC and it ran perfectly!

The GAC lets you share DLL's that are the same version number. If it's in the GAC, any installer will NOT install a new DLL - it'll use the one in the GAC. If the GAC DLL is corrupted, you're majorly SOL.

When I reinstalled the CCC, it took longer to install then it had before. Presumably, this was due to the installer copying all the correct DLL's to my hard drive. And no ATI DLL's have made it back into my GAC.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobility-radeon-drivers-support/186707-problems-installing-catalyst-control-center.html

This, this is what finally worked for me. Thank you so much. I highly recommend anyone with this problem to try this.

Deadmau5
Aug 29, 2010, 12:12 AM

I DID WORK FOR ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS

Originally Posted by Chythar http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/purerage/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1336328301#post1336328301)

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobili...ol-center.html (http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobility-radeon-drivers-support/186707-problems-installing-catalyst-control-center.html)

Prince Charles
Nov 4, 2010, 07:59 PM

Thanks so much, worked for me too

dat_tweek
Nov 10, 2010, 05:21 AM
Glad it worked for you, unfortunately when I enter C:\Windows\assembly there is no "90ba9c70f846762e". So what am I supposed to do? Plz help

ohmyforce
Nov 20, 2010, 10:06 AM
Glad it worked for you, unfortunately when I enter C:\Windows\assembly there is no "90ba9c70f846762e". So what am I supposed to do? Plz help

Same here, any ideas?

Win x64 Ultimate. HD4870... not sure which Catalyst (!) because I can't open CCC. >.<

L2wis
Nov 23, 2010, 11:02 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!! When I find a solution to a problem like this I never normally respond, but in this senario I had to sign up to say thank you very much!!! Excellent fix I never thought it was gonna work but it completely did! Unbelievable and SUPERB!! (can you tell i'm happy!?)

BruceVC
Nov 26, 2010, 11:40 PM
Hey, this worked for me. Was better than having to restart the PC. Thanks for the post.

For anyone else having the same issue in the future, the file is located in:

x:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static

Just an new update on this same issue
This worked for me ....no need to install anything else

jfallen19
Dec 2, 2010, 04:23 PM
After following the forums' advice to no avail, I finally found a solution that worked for me, so I'll share it here. First, definately uninstall everything, then follow AMD's site (computer setup, series, etc.) After the first recommended install, I rebooted to see if it fixed everything, but no. Then, after going through the ATI install thing again (putting down the settings listed above and all), I noticed more tabs after setting up, such as "individual downloads" and "optional downloads." Under Individual downloads, I found another CCC download. Trying that, the Catalyst Control Cetner install took abnormally longer than the others, and then it worked - CCC finally installed. Screwing around destroyed my card AND fixed it - who knew? :confused:

Windows 7 Laptop
ATI Radeon Mobility 4200

Hope this helps!

H700
Dec 20, 2010, 02:38 PM
Same here, any ideas?

Win x64 Ultimate. HD4870... not sure which Catalyst (!) because I can't open CCC. >.<

I'm having the same problem, and honestly, it's better we dump this ATI brand in our next upgrade.

I really had it with their stupid catalyst not working on the drop of a hat.

H700
Dec 20, 2010, 02:47 PM
After following the forums' advice to no avail, I finally found a solution that worked for me, so I'll share it here. First, definately uninstall everything, then follow AMD's site (computer setup, series, etc.) After the first recommended install, I rebooted to see if it fixed everything, but no. Then, after going through the ATI install thing again (putting down the settings listed above and all), I noticed more tabs after setting up, such as "individual downloads" and "optional downloads." Under Individual downloads, I found another CCC download. Trying that, the Catalyst Control Cetner install took abnormally longer than the others, and then it worked - CCC finally installed. Screwing around destroyed my card AND fixed it - who knew? :confused:

Windows 7 Laptop
ATI Radeon Mobility 4200

Hope this helps!

Actually, this worked for me. Thanks a billion man!

SuckHole1978
Jan 23, 2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfallen19 http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/purerage/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1336436240#post1336436240)

Windows 7 Laptop
ATI Radeon Mobility 4200

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much, but it didnt work. It wasnt ultra-clear what you were saying in some parts, but I finally found the section you mentioned on the AMD site:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...ssional/Home#2 (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.37&lang=us&rev=&ostype=Windows%20XP%20-%20Professional/Home#2)

So I downloaded all of the other CCC's offered. Tried to install them, but the installer said "already installed and up to date" on each attempt.

This is after trying each and every fix mentioned by others. Before each attempt at these fixes, I cleaned my system til it was sparking to the point that the Virgin Mary would be proud to eat off of it, using CCleaner, WashAndGo, Driver Cleaner Pro, and even the method mentioned earlier, in which you can potentially clean even more left over components by selecting "uninstall" during the installation process of the Catalist Suite (instead of continuing with normal installing). I also checked until my fingers bleed, for any traces of driver residue, before attempting each of the fixes mentioned on this thread, including the one where you go into "wbem" and rename the directory. And STILL, I cannot get CCC to start.

Like another person mentioned, I can see CCC.exe and MOM.exe start for a few moments, when watching the Task Manager, and then they simply vanish.

WHY?
How?

Damn I HATE ATI!

And all of this, because I wanted to update my video drivers!

A guy said it best on another forum:

A = All
T = Those
I = Installs

ATI truly and legitimately sucks. I should have known from past experience NOT to update my video drivers unless things werent working. Well, they were working fine. How foolish of me to attempt an update. But you always have hope that the fools over there will finally "get it right next time".

Nope! They didnt.

I am tempted to let the neighbors dog poop on this card, prior to throwing it off a cliff.

The people who had success with the various fixes on this thread were fortunate. Perhaps it was due to their OS?

I am using XP Pro, I guess that is why some of these fixes didnt work for me?

If anyone has a solution outside of the ones mentioned here, I beg you to reveal it!

And yes, before you suggest it, I didnt indeed upgrade to the newest Framework, and another Windows upgrade which I cant remember the specifics of, since I've been at this for the last 13 hours.

Help!!!!

SuckHole1978
Jan 23, 2011, 03:21 AM
Oh, perhaps this might make a difference. I am running XP Pro, SP3. With (an old) P4 3.0 CPU. And my card is the Radeon HD 4670 AGP.

Thanks in advance...in case anyone has a fix for those of us running this type of older system.

JayScore
Jan 23, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hi, I had problems, and followed this thread. Didn't know how to deal with the mom.exe New Task thing, but did do ALL the deleting of .dll things. Nothing worked. CCC still refused to run. Windows XP.

In desperation, jujst searching blindly, went to Start/Programs/Catalyst ControlCenter/Restart Runtime

Clicked that last mother, and everything worked fine - immediately. Still does.:)

Do you sometimes think we try too hard, and go for the most difficult solution. "Naahh, that's too easy, that'll never work. These moron programmers aint got a clue. It's bound to be in the Registry or summat."

Of course, if you haven't got "Restart Runtime" on your menu, then you can't do this. (Reading posts that offer solutions that fail at the first fence because what their menus have and mine don't, is deeply frustrating, and very familiar. So, I know how you feel, but can't help. Soz :()

Buuut this thread offers three possible solutions; two of which appear to work for some. Which is nice. Try this last first, though, cos it's the easiest.

I usually always go to the end of a thread to find out what worked best, cos if you work it through, you end up doing things that just wasted your time. Admittedly, I screwed up this time. I was desperate. It was a new card, and I so wanted everything to work.

Anyway. Hope you are well. I am well. Oh well.

Bob.

SuckHole1978
Jan 26, 2011, 04:17 AM
Well said, Jay.

Sadly, didnt work for me. I have given up. After many many days of trying everything and tirelessly cleaning out my system of all drivers and then trying again, hoping each time that I'd get it to work....it's time to throw in the towel. I dont think I have ever spent so much time researching and troubleshooting a problem, ever. I have been on nearly a dozen forums trying to figure this out. The only thing I DID figure out, is that I will never own an ATI card again. I am overdue for a new system, and I have not seen as much confusion from the Nvidia camp.

Lastly, Jay's words ring true. I recall once I was being helped by a guy with a massive brain on one of these types of forums. I had a problem, which I cant remember now, and it was very difficult to diagnose. Being very knowledgeable, he took me through many steps to correctly find the cause of my problem. After something like 20+ attempts and a huge number of messages back and forth (we did things like testing all my voltages, messing with the bios, and much much more), he was getting no closer to figuring out the problem.

Guess what it was? The cord had come loose on the back of my DVD burner.

LOLZ!!!!

That one thing, was causing a huge amount of problems that didnt seem anything like the symptoms of a power cord coming loose from a device.

But the things he/we tried in vain...were very thorough and presumably would have worked for a great many problems. Just, not mine.

So we have learned a valuable lesson. I was sure hoping this would also be such a case, of not seeing the forest for the trees. But how many hours can a person devote to something when all attempts are failing?

YOU SUCK, ATI!

I really need to get into that goddamned CCC, since I have tweaking to do. But I suppose it will have to wait until he next update....when perhaps CCC will snap back into existence. Who knows?

CCC....sometimes you have it, sometimes you dont.

If, by some weird alignment of the stars, I do indeed end up figuring it out, I will certainly come here and post what I learned.

And if anyone has any advice which hasent been mentioned yet, PLEASE TELL US!

Cheers

Och
Jan 26, 2011, 06:07 PM
Guys, Im sort of having the same problem.

I was running 10.12 hotfix until today with no issues. Just installed 11.1a hotfix, everything installed correctly, and CCC center icon appeared in the taskbar, and once I click it, CCC opened and everything worked correctly.

However, right after the reboot, CCC icon was gone from taskbard. I'm able to run CCC by going to C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static and executing MOM.exe - after I do that, everything works correctly and icon appears in the taskbar. However its gone again after restarting the PC.

I have already uninstalled and re-installed there drivers twice, and getting the same result.

Also, I'm running Windows 64, but for some reason the folder C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ is empty! Instead I have to go into C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ folder. Is that how it supposed to be?!

spyre
Jan 26, 2011, 06:10 PM
Only 64bit apps go in program files the 32bit apps go in program files (X86)

Och
Jan 26, 2011, 07:08 PM
Any idea why CCC might not be automatically starting?

I checked msconfig, its there.

Och
Jan 28, 2011, 04:41 PM
Guys, I have three machines with 11.1a drivers installed, and after restart, sometimes CCC icon shows in the taskbar and sometimes it doesnt.

All three are running Win7 x64 with SP1.

SantiagoDraco
Jan 28, 2011, 09:47 PM
Guys, I have three machines with 11.1a drivers installed, and after restart, sometimes CCC icon shows in the taskbar and sometimes it doesnt.

All three are running Win7 x64 with SP1.

Same problem (in addition to the audio driver install failure). CCC 2 won't fully load.

DLMartz
Jan 29, 2011, 10:59 AM
Read the post about trouble with Catalyst Control Center not working if you upgrade. Even ATI tech support couldn't come up with a solution. Curious about the deletion of key tokens in Windows/Assembly. I can find these files but my computer says access denied when I try to uninstall. I guess I don't know how to sign on as an administrator seeing as I thought I was the administrator when I set up my computer. Do you know how to do this? Maybe it won't let me uninstall because I haven't done an uninstall on CCC and the Ati install manager. It's bugging me that I can't delete these files. Windows 7 has a lot of safety features built in but can be barriers too..

bigjake
Feb 28, 2011, 04:24 PM
I had the same issue and i believe it started after a windows update. To be sure I restored my Comp to factory settings(needed to do it anyway) and CCC worked after reboot. After windows service pack 2 was downloaded and installed is when CCC would not work anymore. There Catalyst 11.2 was released on 2/15/2011. What I did to fix my issue was to uninstall ATI driver and all ATI programs using control panel remove and install, then doing a clean install of the Catalyst 11.2 and havent had any issues since.

rkl122
Mar 8, 2011, 11:07 PM
I have the same issue - CCC not loading - after doing the 11.2 update on my OEM (Dell XPS under Win7x64) driver installation. Yes, it's occurred to me that it could be an incompatibility with OEM architecture, but I'd still like to try that Windows\assembly fix that seems to have worked for several others. (I've monitored the starting and stopping of CLIStart.exe with Sysinternals Procmon. I'm no expert with that, but the results seem compatible with this assembly issue, since CCC and MOM can't seem to find a lot of the dll's they're looking for, and their threads simply die.) However, my assembly directory has many entries with that '90ba9c70f846762e' key. About 190 in fact! Each with a unique name and version number combo. Many begin with "CLI.Dashboard.....", for example. Others begin with "AEM....". But there are a handful that clearly relate to CCC and MOM.

I want to get the CCC running, but I'm not about to remove all these entries for fear of really screwing my system. So I'm wondering if someone who really understands the issue and how this directory is used could suggest whether it is safe to uninstall the entries that seem most relevant to the CCC and MOM execs.

Many thanks. -Ron

Nginx
Mar 17, 2011, 12:55 PM

Thank you so much! I don't use CCC unless for ATI Overdrive and scaling options. I got my new Saphire 5770 today, and I couldn't see full screen on my 23" 1080 monitor, (the problem probably occurs for all HDMI monitors) so I needed to adjust the scaling options to see fully, but my CCC wouldn't open since I ****ed up the installation some time earlier. So again, thank you so much for sharing! I registered ONLY to say thanks! So, a big THANKS to you!

orbitser
Mar 27, 2011, 04:34 PM

Finally I found a solution that really works, I love you dude!!!, I could not start the fu$%ing CCC since I get my laptop, and I start to think that I Would never do it, thanks a lot to you and to everyone that brings a solution, and try this solution upon the other ones first...

best regards...

Orbit

Zipit
Apr 20, 2011, 02:47 PM

Hey! The thing is i can find those keys, but i cannot uninstall them even tho i have admin rights. I tried to create an alternative normal account on my pc, no luck. Then i tried creating and alternative admin account, no luck either. There is no way for me to uninstall them. Any ideas?

Running: Win 7 x64 ATI Radeon 58xx HD series.

Thanks!

koralis
Apr 21, 2011, 07:45 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!! When I find a solution to a problem like this I never normally respond, but in this senario I had to sign up to say thank you very much!!! Excellent fix I never thought it was gonna work but it completely did! Unbelievable and SUPERB!! (can you tell i'm happy!?)

You know, if so many people are running into this problem ATI may want to add a "fixit" option to their installer that cleans out the cache, registry settings, etc, before trying to install. Not normally on, but something that can be used if the user is having problems doing things normally.

koralis
Apr 21, 2011, 07:46 AM
Hey! The thing is i can find those keys, but i cannot uninstall them even tho i have admin rights. I tried to create an alternative normal account on my pc, no luck. Then i tried creating and alternative admin account, no luck either. There is no way for me to uninstall them. Any ideas?

Running: Win 7 x64 ATI Radeon 58xx HD series.

Thanks!

Try admin safe mode?

Zipit
Apr 22, 2011, 10:30 AM
How do i go about doing that? :O

Ty.

dnphotographix
May 9, 2011, 11:29 AM
I have been having the same problem with CCC, went to regedit.exe and edited Key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{CDCBCFCA-3CDC-436f-A4E2-0E02075250C2}
so it was inactive. This lets you open windows explorer with admi privs and go to assembly and remove the 192 keys. I copies the assembly folder so I could back it up if i had to. The deleted the key and reinstalled CCC. I have macafee security which I don't like but it came with the system when I got it. I stopped it before i did the install. Read somewhere that it can stop a script for running. After reinstall and restarted Macafee everything worked.
Thanks everyone for the help.

forustH78
May 10, 2011, 03:41 AM
I've had this same problem for quite a few years. I just finished fixing it now. I put together a Batch program that should help automate the process on XP ONLY. Please do not try this program if you use any other OS.
http://www.filedropper.com/delati_1

Or if you don't want to risk a strange program ...
Follow these manual steps for XP.

1. Go to http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_3.html
Follow all the steps (even the optional ones) under 'Old Catalyst Removal'

2. Make sure you've deleted all the 'ATI' related folders in C:\Program Files
and in C:\

3. Make sure you delete the mentioned registry keys; even after you've
used RegCleaner

4. Go to your Windows>>assembly folder. Delete/Uninstall All entries with
the Public Key Token '90ba9c70f846762e'

5. Go Start > Run...
Type 'services.msc'
find the service 'Windows Management Instrumentation' and stop it
Close the window.

6. Go to C:\WINDOWS\WBEM
IF there is a folder called 'Repository' rename it to 'Repository_Old'

7. Go Start > Run...
Type 'services.msc'
find the service 'Windows Management Instrumentation' and START it
Close the window.

8. Restart.
after restarting, XP will look for drivers for the video card. Cancel all
such attempts.

9. Download a fresh copy of catalyst control center and drivers
package

10. Install
11. Pray that it works!
Ps. this could be step one.

norm360
May 30, 2011, 09:05 AM
Now they've gone and renamed this software to 'AMD Vision Engine Control Center' and it's still as buggy and useless as before. It doesn't open.

I've gone to the ~/Windows/assembly folder and there no relevant keys to be deleted.

The program simply does not start, when I click to load it, MOM.exe appears in the task manager and quits a couple seconds after.

Damn AMD for persisting with such bugged out software and wasting people's time like this over such trivial garbage.

ekstrj
May 30, 2011, 06:03 PM
I've been trying to fix this problem for months now, and I finally got it to work using a combination of methods from this thread.

I started with CCC+Drivers already installed via the complete package.

I first stopped the Windows Management Instrumentation service and renamed the repository directory to Repository_OLD as mentioned above.

I did not restart my computer.

I then went to the ATI Downloads website and downloaded the first *individual* CCC download (~40MB) as mentioned above. I downloaded the XP version, rather than the Vista, though.

I ran that, it completed successfully. It started up CCC, and this time when I double-clicked the tray icon, it loaded the GUI correctly.

I don't know if it helps, but I'm running 32-bit Vista Service Pack 1. I accidentally ran the XP version instead of the Vista, and it worked perfectly. When I then tried to install the Vista version, it went back to not working anymore.

It's up to you whether you want to use an XP-based GUI rather than the one meant for Vista. The drivers were still from the Vista complete package, it was just the GUI that was overwritten with the XP version.

I personally am just glad I can utilize ATI Overdrive again.

ThanksChythar
Jun 17, 2011, 09:27 AM

This worked!

I tried heaps of other suggestions from here and other places. this worked flawlessly. Had to make an account just to say thanks! so yeah . . Thanks Chythar!!

kimphall
Jun 18, 2011, 02:07 AM
I have a Sapphire ATI HD 4650 1GB AGP8X and an EVGA nVidia GeForce 2600 512MB PCI, both dual head cards on an older Intel D865GBF board. Windows 7 had a blue screen problem until I booted to safe mode and got it up with the generic VGA drivers to install the drivers. I had to use the hotfix to get past the hardware detection error for the ATI. Finally, all were working including the Catalyst Control Center and the nVidia'sControl Panel as well. Then I made the really dumb mistake of updating the ATI driver from the Microsoft updates :nuts: which put my back in a single screen, was running three before. Took a week of trying to install different ATI drivers to no avail. I followed the instructions about deleting the CAGs from the assembly directory but you have to do it in safe mode or it denies access. Then the CCC complains about not seeing those files. I uninstalled only the 2 versions of the Control Center in the Install Manager and installed only the CCC version 11.6 after a reboot. All is working beautifully now and I'm doing a partition image backup from the XP OS. Don't let Microsoft EVER update any hardware drivers on your system, not even for the mouse. They have broken networking, sound, mice, everything on my PCs at one time or another. Windows 7 also has some recovery issues too. When I tried to roll back the Microsoft driver to ATI, the button was grayed out and the CAG files did not go in the Recycle Bin - they just vanished. The 2 videos cards work beautifully together for 3 screens with a capability of a 4th. It also worked perfectly in XP without issues. ATI driver version 8.640.0.0 and nVidia version 8.17.12.7533.

spyre
Jun 18, 2011, 02:49 AM
Ever heard of Paragraphs? Use the 11.1 or 10.12 AGP hotfix drivers as newer drivers aren't impressed with ancient AGP systems.

kimphall
Jun 19, 2011, 03:33 AM
Ever heard of Paragraphs? Use the 11.1 or 10.12 AGP hotfix drivers as newer drivers aren't impressed with ancient AGP systems.

We Americans are still trying to get rid of those vestiges of decent English from across the pond. :D

WarlorD721
Jun 19, 2011, 08:06 PM
Well after uninstalling and reinstalling damn near everything MS, .NET, Visual C++ or ATI related on my system, CCC still fails to open with 11.6 drivers. And for what ever reason won't open now with any version of drivers, and now the latest .NET 4 Security update fails in windows update, along with other updates, and my Windows install nows seems slightly borked... Looks like I'm am going to be doin' a reinstall ... Not happy. :mad:

I've been with ATI since my 4MB Rage Expression+ PCTV to Radeon to Radeon 8500 to X800 to X1950 to 4870 to my 6950 which I love very much and had no problems untill this driver set 11.6. I've dealt with all the "bad" drivers people complained about over the years and was either able to always get things to work out or not had problems at all... I've pretty much always been happy with every single driver update as they are released.

This set, after all these years however, has certainly tested my patience and in the end I must concede. You Win Drivers, Thank you for making me reinstall what was a perfectly running OS until I d/l'ed and tried to install you.

L4dd
Jun 19, 2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you WarlorD721 for the heads up! 11.6 would not allow CC to open in my Vista 64 install. I reverted to 11.5...

WarlorD721
Jun 19, 2011, 08:53 PM
Thank you WarlorD721 for the heads up! 11.6 would not allow CC to open in my Vista 64 install. I reverted to 11.5...

I don't understand why this happens.. As When I try to load the CCC, MOM.exe opens for a 1 sec, then turns into 2 instances of MMLoadDrv.exe. This did not happen before 11.6...

L4dd
Jun 19, 2011, 09:03 PM
I don't understand why this happens.. As When I try to load the CCC, MOM.exe opens for a 1 sec, then turns into 2 instances of MMLoadDrv.exe. This did not happen before 11.6...
I observed the same as what you typed here.

monstermobo
Jun 20, 2011, 02:22 PM
Saw all the convo on the threads....my situation is a little different. Did system build with full OEM Win7 Home Prem and then loaded on drivers for mobo (ASUS Sabertooth LGA1155 version) then drivers for Sapphire card with ATI drivers.

Methinks that Win7 puts what it thinks is graphic card entries in the registry then the conflict is when the ATI drives are loaded.....nothing else could account for this on a completely ground up new parts tongue hanging out eyes crossed custom build. Two boxes same prob even when order of mobo drivers and video drivers is reversed. Great to have the luxury of have more than one complete set of stuff to try out but aggravating when I have 18 of these cards and want to continue building/selling ASAP.

Other thoughts??? I am going to try the edits for removing ATI out of registry but sure seems to be A LOT of TROUBLE that shouldn't have to be undertaken.

MonsterMOBO out...:confused:

Brain
Jun 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
Same problem with 11.6 on my system. CCC wont load. Uninstalled the driver reboot. Install drivers.. Reboot. Still no CCC loaded. If you look in the taskmanager it shows CCC loading for a half second, then it closes. My system Windows 7 x64 AMD MSI 6850 Video, AMD 1090 x6.

MENGKESHI
Jun 30, 2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks everyone, I solved it by:

1. Using Catalyst Install Manager to remove all installed components including display driver and CCC.
2. Removed Catalyst Install Manager including registry entries using "Revo Uninstaller" (downloadable freeware)
3. Removed all ATI keys from the GAC assembly as described elsewhere in the thread
4. Re-installed and voila!

THANKS!!!

billythehelper
Jul 20, 2011, 09:37 AM
Read the post about trouble with Catalyst Control Center not working if you upgrade. Even ATI tech support couldn't come up with a solution. Curious about the deletion of key tokens in Windows/Assembly. I can find these files but my computer says access denied when I try to uninstall. I guess I don't know how to sign on as an administrator seeing as I thought I was the administrator when I set up my computer. Do you know how to do this? Maybe it won't let me uninstall because I haven't done an uninstall on CCC and the Ati install manager. It's bugging me that I can't delete these files. Windows 7 has a lot of safety features built in but can be barriers too..
I use vista and had the same problem. To solve this, restart your comp and then press "del" at startup. And select safe mode for booting windows. Then you can uninstall key tokens in Windows/Assembly.
It works. I think windows 7 is better than vista anyway, it works faster.

dcvh
Aug 30, 2011, 07:45 PM
Uninstalled Catalyst Install Manager
Used Revo Uninstaller to remove all ATI registry entries
Downloaded only the Catalyst Control Center
Reinstalled Catalyst Install Manager
Installed Catalyst Control Center
This worked for me

Now onto dealing with the dreaded C++Runtime Abnormal Program Termination error

UKpitbull
Sep 23, 2011, 12:19 PM
I've been having the problem(catalyst control center wont launch)for about 3mnths.Read and tried alot of suggestions on numerous threads,all with no success.I was using the CCC to overclock my Saphire(ATI) HD 5770 and had given up on resolving the issue.
Last night I thought I'd try something that I had'nt considerd before.
I dug out the installation disk that cam with the graphs card,opened the suite.It ask if you want to install or uninstall,I selected uninstall.It then prompts to reeboot.After reeboot this time install it,hey presto-up and running again.
The version of CCC i was having trouble with was v11.2/3(cant remember witch,but it was the latest one)Im now running v10.3,back to normal.
My card drivers are upto date.
Give it a whirl if its possible i.e you still have the disk.
Hope it helps..peace out.

cairn
Sep 29, 2011, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Chythar http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/purerage/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1336328301#post1336328301)

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobili...ol-center.html (http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobility-radeon-drivers-support/186707-problems-installing-catalyst-control-center.html)

I also had to say that this is what worked for me as well. I was looking around in different forums, and most of the answers were time-consuming answers that required uinstalling, reinstalling, installing a certain way, e.t.c... I tried a few easy and quick answers to no avail, but then I came upon this answer, tried it, and it worked.

All I did is find all the entries he said in that quote up there, highlighted them all, and right clicked on them. It only gave me the option of uninstalling them, not deleting them, so I clicked uninstall and it got rid of all those entries. Then I clicked my latest download of the CCC installer, and just left the CCC, Driver, and the other thing check-marked, and it reinstalled it all, and now my CCC opens fine. I know the guy above said that he didn't have to reboot, but I rebooted after I finished the reinstall because it asked me too and I didn't want anymore frustrations.

In case you're having the same problem that I did and you're curious:
Dell XPS Gen 4
Processor: Pentium 4 w/Hyper Threading Extreme @ 3.6 GHz
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB, from Sapphire Tech.
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
(NOTE: I specify Sapphire tech because apparently their ATI Radeon video cards can have some changes that the normal AMD site does not account for such as the 1GB version of the HD 4850. I couldn't find the 1GB version drivers on AMD's website, but Sapphire tech had them. I can only assume that they must get the schematics from AMD, and then put their own improvements on them or something. Either that or Sapphire Tech is merely a competing company that builds ATI technologies, but I had assumed that AMD owned ATI Technologies. Oh well, that's beside the point. How many people actually post what they're thinking like I do?)

Blinxy221
Sep 30, 2011, 12:15 PM
I just joined to throw in what I found. In Windows GAC (Global Assembly Cache) C:/WINDOWS/assembly. I had to delete IcSharpCode.SharpZipLib. Its key is 1b03e6af1164f73. I am on windows Vista x86. Let me know if it works for anyone else. I uninstalled using the CCC install manager. Then I used driver sweeper pro, Then, In a random attempt to use windows search, it showed up with the file i posted above. No reboot needed, I just installed the new drivers and it opened up right away.

A quick search on google produced this.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ATI\ACE\Assemblies]
"ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib"="ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73"

Reva4Jay
Oct 11, 2011, 03:23 AM
I tracked down the problem on my system.

lonrot
Oct 12, 2011, 06:40 PM
I joined to report that Blinxy's method works perfectly!

I'm using Windows 7 64, I uninstalled using the Catalyst's Setup Wizard, restarted.

Applied a cleanup with Driver Sweeper and restarted.

Got rid of the IcSharpCode.SharpZipLib as stated and made a clean Catalyst install. I had to restart as well to see the final result. Catalyst is back!

I'm using the latest build by the way:
amd_catalyst_11.10_preview2_win7_vista.exe

I just joined to throw in what I found. In Windows GAC (Global Assembly Cache) C:/WINDOWS/assembly. I had to delete IcSharpCode.SharpZipLib. Its key is 1b03e6af1164f73. I am on windows Vista x86. Let me know if it works for anyone else. I uninstalled using the CCC install manager. Then I used driver sweeper pro, Then, In a random attempt to use windows search, it showed up with the file i posted above. No reboot needed, I just installed the new drivers and it opened up right away.

A quick search on google produced this.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ATI\ACE\Assemblies]
"ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib"="ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73"

Brod
Oct 24, 2011, 06:46 AM
Since this thread is the first result on Google I'll add a "captain obvious" note - CCC requires that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=25150) be installed.

kinarky
Nov 7, 2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks to the informations in this thread I could repair my CC in two steps:
-delete C:/WINDOWS/assembly/IcSharpCode.SharpZipLib
-"repair", in other word re-install ATI drivers 11.10 whql with default options
No reboot or anything else needed. Windows 7 x64 pro.

Edit: about .NET framework thing I have it all installed already with all existing versions or service pack you name it.

sfdog
Nov 12, 2011, 02:13 AM
Thanks to this thread. Just FINALLY got Catalyst working with my new HD 6850. I'm sure it was the cleaning of the GAC files. I can't believe these DUMB BASTARDS at ATI still haven't fixed this left over registry issue. I remember the same problem with XP on another ATI card, but I had no idea how to clean out the registry in Win 7.

A publicly-held corporation, the execs running it should be thrown out of their office windows, hopefully a high-rise building.

Seriously makes me want to go Nvidia next time. :mad:

Did I mention what dumbasses ATI are, and how crappy their drivers are? :nuts:

Roxen
Nov 25, 2011, 07:20 PM
A friend and I recently ran into this problem (not my first time) and I just uninstalled the drivers, rebooted into safe mode and ran Driver Sweeper 3.2 (http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/), reinstalled drivers (11.11a in this case) and it works again.

What a pain. You'd think after all these years the uninstall manager would handle this ****.

HKPotter
Nov 28, 2011, 08:06 PM
A friend and I recently ran into this problem (not my first time) and I just uninstalled the drivers, rebooted into safe mode and ran Driver Sweeper 3.2 (http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/), reinstalled drivers (11.11a in this case) and it works again.

What a pain. You'd think after all these years the uninstall manager would handle this ****.

After reading through EVERYTHING on this thread, I thought there might be a much simpler way to correct this. I just rolled back my ATI driver and presto- It's back!:D

perma7
Nov 29, 2011, 02:03 AM

I just tried this and my CCC still will not open. I have not been able to use my CCC since cat 11.10

Man, this is a bummer. I have had more AMD driver issue in the last 6 months than I have all 8 years I have been using ATI/AMD video cards.:(

I am thinking about selling my 6970 X-fire setup and getting a NV 580

amitwalv
Nov 30, 2011, 08:16 AM
Hey!

I've got the problem with CCC not working. I got the drivers installed and all other packages properly but the catalyst install manager said "finished(warning have occured during installation"!

CCC is not working when i click on it. I get a circle above the mouse and disappears.
I've tried many for the fixes but not working.

My games are running smoothly but i experience terrible fps lag randomly for indefinite amount of time. If i minimize the game for a few seconds. The fps is restored but gets screwed up again.

When i try uninstalling the display driver from catalyst install manager, my screen goes black n functions stop and need to reset my laptop.
Also in one of the fixes, there was a mention to delete the ati content in C:/WINDOWS/assembly,
well i have 2 entries ATICCCOM and atixclib and several entries on CLI.***.*** even with the drivers uninstalled.

My old catalyst worked fine till i installed the rage performance driver from amd. Now im not able to revert back or get it solved.
Current driver is catalyst 11.11

Plz help me with this...

Specifications:
Dell Studio XPS 1645
ATI mobility radeon 5730 1 GB
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

amitwalv
Nov 30, 2011, 11:36 AM
Hey!

I've reverted back to the last working catalyst and its working now..
I noticed that even after uninstalling everything related to ATI, the GAC had several entries of catalyst. I think that is the problem to newer versions not working as the entries refer to the old version only!

N im still stuff with this random fps glitches, never used to happen before!
This is happen for all games with some high graphic requirement like assassins creed revelation n might n magic heroes V...!
is it hardware problem? plz let me know soon!

The Mac
Nov 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
yup, if the GAC items dont get removed, it wont install properly.

delete them by hand. It doesnt really need them to operate.

yunouninstall
Dec 13, 2011, 07:25 AM
AMD Engine Vision Control Center (formerly Catalyst Control Center (CCC)) won't start on Windows 7 64bit after updating to driver package 11.11.

What I tried:

"Turn Windows features on or off." Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 enabled.
Repaired .NET Framework 4.
Repaired Visual C++ 10 runtime distribution.
Looked in C:\Windows\assembly for public token keys "90ba9c70f846762e" which some people had success after deleting them but couldn't find any.
Ran SysInternals Process Monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) during installation, added "InstallManagerApp.exe" to filter inclusion list, found a log file that was being written. Log file indicated a registry key couldn't be changed. Navigated to registry key with regedit, changed permission to Everyone. Ran installation again, this time without any log file being written.

Final solution:

Uninstalled everything with the AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
Ran Phyxion DriverSweeper 3.2.0 (http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper-320.html) and selected AMD, cleaning all remaining AMD files and registry entries.
Rebooted.
Installed full AMD Catalyst 11.11 driver package.
Rebooted.
Started AMD Vision Center, wait a while... finally it appears.

Conclusion: The AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not cleaning up its mess sufficiently and leaving files/registry entries behind that interfere with later installations.

Qamly
Dec 13, 2011, 07:29 PM
AMD Engine Vision Control Center (formerly Catalyst Control Center (CCC)) won't start on Windows 7 64bit after updating to driver package 11.11.

What I tried:

"Turn Windows features on or off." Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 enabled.
Repaired .NET Framework 4.
Repaired Visual C++ 10 runtime distribution.
Looked in C:\Windows\assembly for public token keys "90ba9c70f846762e" which some people had success after deleting them but couldn't find any.
Ran SysInternals Process Monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) during installation, added "InstallManagerApp.exe" to filter inclusion list, found a log file that was being written. Log file indicated a registry key couldn't be changed. Navigated to registry key with regedit, changed permission to Everyone. Ran installation again, this time without any log file being written.

Final solution:

Uninstalled everything with the AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
Ran Phyxion DriverSweeper 3.2.0 (http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper-320.html) and selected AMD, cleaning all remaining AMD files and registry entries.
Rebooted.
Installed full AMD Catalyst 11.11 driver package.
Rebooted.
Started AMD Vision Center, wait a while... finally it appears.

Conclusion: The AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not cleaning up its mess sufficiently and leaving files/registry entries behind that interfere with later installations.
Careful, fanboys will attack you if you post any helpful information, telling you, it is your fault, not the crappy installer/uninstaller.

In any case, seeing as http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx has no place to attach files, just how are people supposed to submit log files or anything else driver related that can help them make a better installer ?

I installed 11.12, failed, as in no CCC, and couln't start it.
Tried 12.1 preview as well, also failed, CCC (Vision engine I guess it is called now) just wouldn't start.

It showed :
http://imagebin.org/188446
http://imagebin.org/188446
Log shows no details about what went wrong, everything is a 'success'.

Run driversweeper, and install again, and everything now works correctly again.

Catalystô Install Manager
Installation Report
12/13/11 18:57:15

Hardware information
Name AMD Radeon Graphics Processor
Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Device ID 0x6739
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x030000
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x2440
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1462
Other hardware <#otherdev>

Existing packages
AMD SATA AHCI Driver
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

*Packages for install*
AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Final Status: Success
Version of Item: 3.0.859.0
Size: 20 Mbytes

AMD APP SDK Runtime
Version of Item: 10.0.851.4
Size: 90 Mbytes

AMD Display Driver
Version of Item: 8.930.10.0000
Size: 90 Mbytes

HDMI/DP Audio Driver
Version of Item: 6.58.0.6604
Size: 1 Mbytes

AMD Video Converter
Version of Item: 12.1.0.11208
Size: 3 Mbytes

HydraVision
Version of Item: 4.2.220.0
Size: 6 Mbytes

AMD VISION Engine Control Center
Version of Item: 2011.1208.1660.30301
Size: 150 Mbytes

*Other detected devices*
Device ID 0x5a11
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x02
Subsystem ID 0x5a11
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1002

Device ID 0x5a16
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x060400
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0000
Subsystem vendor ID 0x0000

Device ID 0xaa88
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x040300
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0xaa88
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1462

ATI Integrated SATA Support
Device ID 0x4391
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x010601
Revision ID 0x40
Subsystem ID 0x4391
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1002

ATI Integrated SMBus Support
Device ID 0x4385
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x0c0500
Revision ID 0x41
Subsystem ID 0x0000

ATI Integrated Azalia Support
Device ID 0x4383
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x040300
Revision ID 0x40
Subsystem ID 0x8224
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1565

Device ID 0x4384
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x060401
Revision ID 0x40
Subsystem ID 0x0000

Device ID 0x43a0
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x060400
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0000

Device ID 0x43a1
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x060400
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0000

Device ID 0x1200
Vendor ID 0x1022
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0000

Device ID 0x1201
Vendor ID 0x1022
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0000

Device ID 0x1202
Vendor ID 0x1022
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0000

Device ID 0x1203
Vendor ID 0x1022
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0000

Device ID 0x1204
Vendor ID 0x1022
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0000

*Error messages*

zebraloc
Dec 22, 2011, 10:58 PM
Thank you very much, yunouninstall for your excellent post. I am able to use the program again.

teddy12345
Dec 29, 2011, 10:22 AM

Worked for me too. Logged into the hidden admin account (windows 7) and then deleted the above-referenced keys. Then did a repair of my installed AMD Catalyst Install Manager. Booted up CCC and it worked! Thanks again! I joined to give props to the solution, the others above did not do the trick.

chronophayze
Dec 30, 2011, 11:26 PM
I had a similar issue installing 11.9+ and this thread helped me get through it. Doesn't seem like a solid fix, more of a work around, but it works.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=109142

VaelynPhi
Feb 3, 2012, 10:00 PM
I tried all of the available options above (I didn't have any GAC files to delete) and none of it worked, not even uninstalling and going to the earlier version of the Catalyst package.

Finally, I uninstalled, went to the prefetch directory (C:\Windows\Prefetch), and nuked anything that looked Catalyst related (MOM, CCC, and so on).

I reinstalled, and now it works. I suppose the prefetch for MOM got corrupted? (MOM.exe wasn't running before.)

Apparently Freud was right; everything goes back to issues with your MOM.

perma7
Feb 3, 2012, 10:06 PM
I just activated my long inactive CCC by using this method I found here.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695707

I tryed the ones mentioned in this thread but they did not work for me. This one did.

Psiweapon
Jul 11, 2012, 10:13 AM

Actually this worked for XP too. I just registered to say thanks :heart:

sailindawg
Jul 17, 2012, 02:18 PM
Interesting to see this problem still occurring. I just installed 12.6 WHQL driver after doing the following:

∑ Installing 12.6 over top of 12.4 WHQL, caused ccc to not open

∑ Removed drivers via ccc, still no ccc after install

∑ Finally, removed drivers via ccc then ran Atiman 7.0.x (latest version). Reinstalled 12.6 driver after Atiman and ccc opens right up.

Please note, I have Intel board and run Win 7 64 Pro. Seems Atiman cleans out all the areas discussed within this thread.

The Mac
Jul 17, 2012, 04:56 PM
Interesting to see this problem still occurring. I just installed 12.6 WHQL driver after doing the following:

∑ Installing 12.6 over top of 12.4 WHQL, caused ccc to not open

∑ Removed drivers via ccc, still no ccc after install

∑ Finally, removed drivers via ccc then ran Atiman 7.0.x (latest version). Reinstalled 12.6 driver after Atiman and ccc opens right up.

Please note, I have Intel board and run Win 7 64 Pro. Seems Atiman cleans out all the areas discussed within this thread.

ATIman doesnt clear out the GAC as far as i know. Windows is supposed to properly manage that itself.

Ive had this issue even after runnining ATIman.

Ive solved it by running the orignal setup file, unistalling just CCC, reboot, then reinstall just CCC.

Texas Gore
Jul 17, 2012, 06:01 PM
Ive solved it by running the orignal setup file, unistalling just CCC, reboot, then reinstall just CCC.

Same method fixes for me.

sailindawg
Jul 17, 2012, 07:39 PM
Wow, you've seen this behavior after running Atiman, not good. I've not seen that yet. I will keep in mind to try just uninstall / reinstall ccc.

The Mac
Jul 18, 2012, 10:25 AM
make you use the oringal setup file NOT the CCC uninstaller in the control panel.

Figus
Aug 26, 2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfallen19 http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/purerage/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1336436240#post1336436240)

Windows 7 Laptop
ATI Radeon Mobility 4200

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much, but it didnt work. It wasnt ultra-clear what you were saying in some parts, but I finally found the section you mentioned on the AMD site:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...ssional/Home#2 (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.37&lang=us&rev=&ostype=Windows%20XP%20-%20Professional/Home#2)

So I downloaded all of the other CCC's offered. Tried to install them, but the installer said "already installed and up to date" on each attempt.

This is after trying each and every fix mentioned by others. Before each attempt at these fixes, I cleaned my system til it was sparking to the point that the Virgin Mary would be proud to eat off of it, using CCleaner, WashAndGo, Driver Cleaner Pro, and even the method mentioned earlier, in which you can potentially clean even more left over components by selecting "uninstall" during the installation process of the Catalist Suite (instead of continuing with normal installing). I also checked until my fingers bleed, for any traces of driver residue, before attempting each of the fixes mentioned on this thread, including the one where you go into "wbem" and rename the directory. And STILL, I cannot get CCC to start.

Like another person mentioned, I can see CCC.exe and MOM.exe start for a few moments, when watching the Task Manager, and then they simply vanish.

WHY?
How?

Damn I HATE ATI!

And all of this, because I wanted to update my video drivers!

A guy said it best on another forum:

A = All
T = Those
I = Installs

ATI truly and legitimately sucks. I should have known from past experience NOT to update my video drivers unless things werent working. Well, they were working fine. How foolish of me to attempt an update. But you always have hope that the fools over there will finally "get it right next time".

Nope! They didnt.

I am tempted to let the neighbors dog poop on this card, prior to throwing it off a cliff.

The people who had success with the various fixes on this thread were fortunate. Perhaps it was due to their OS?

I am using XP Pro, I guess that is why some of these fixes didnt work for me?

If anyone has a solution outside of the ones mentioned here, I beg you to reveal it!

And yes, before you suggest it, I didnt indeed upgrade to the newest Framework, and another Windows upgrade which I cant remember the specifics of, since I've been at this for the last 13 hours.

Help!!!!

Don't you think to be a little too rough only because your windows install was not so good like you think? for a people with a problem there are thousand without any glitches..

t0adp1p3
Mar 17, 2013, 01:48 AM
Spent my whole saturdaynight trying to getthisto work on vista 64 no luck so far

The Mac
Mar 17, 2013, 12:19 PM
uninstall via CIM

boot into safe mode

delete the "ATI Technologies" directory in program files. if it wont let you, you may have to drill down and delete them one by one.

reboot

reinstall

This keeps happening because the MOM service doesnt get unloaded properly so its locked when the install goes to replace it.

Dyre Straits
Mar 17, 2013, 07:37 PM
uninstall via CIM

boot into safe mode

delete the "ATI Technologies" directory in program files. if it wont let you, you may have to drill down and delete them one by one.

reboot

reinstall

This keeps happening because the MOM service doesnt get unloaded properly so its locked when the install goes to replace it.

On my Windows 7 x64 system, that directory gets put here...

C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static

There are 2 files in that directory that will not allow me to delete them until I first rename them (change the .dll to .xxx) reboot into Safemode and then I can delete them. Once I've gotten rid of those 2 files, I can then install CCC and get it working again.

Korrigan
Mar 18, 2013, 12:22 PM

There are 2 files in that directory that will not allow me to delete them until I first rename them (change the .dll to .xxx) reboot into Safemode and then I can delete them. Once I've gotten rid of those 2 files, I can then install CCC and get it working again.Got the problem too sometimes, I just use "Unlocker" to unlock and delete the files.

http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/

The Mac
Mar 18, 2013, 02:31 PM

There are 2 files in that directory that will not allow me to delete them until I first rename them (change the .dll to .xxx) reboot into Safemode and then I can delete them. Once I've gotten rid of those 2 files, I can then install CCC and get it working again.

never had a problem deleting them if you drill down to the actual files. They are in the Core-Static subdirectory.

You need to kill the mom process (or any other amd/ati processes), that will unlock them.

if you try to remove the directory, it sometimes wont let you until the files are gone.

Dyre Straits
Mar 19, 2013, 01:54 AM
never had a problem deleting them if you drill down to the actual files. They are in the Core-Static subdirectory.

You need to kill the mom process (or any other amd/ati processes), that will unlock them.

if you try to remove the directory, it sometimes wont let you until the files are gone.

Been there, done that, many, many times.

But, I've installed a totally new system, got it completely Updated and we'll see how it goes from here.

Aarowaim
Apr 29, 2013, 06:04 PM

I tried all of the fixes on this thread, save for the one suggesting that I install alternate CCC versions. This fix worked for me and I did not need to reinstall. I could magically run MOM.exe and their new 'vision' control panel, which is essentially a clone of CCC save for a few new options and a new look. All the menus are present, and it opens the task as well. After having reinstalled the driver properly, an added bonus is that I can change the settings where I used to only have battery options.

Thank you, and for those of you uncertain about this solution, I deleted EVERY assembly entry with ATI's token and nothing has gone wrong.

The Mac
May 4, 2013, 05:13 PM
I tried all of the fixes on this thread, save for the one suggesting that I install alternate CCC versions. This fix worked for me and I did not need to reinstall. I could magically run MOM.exe and their new 'vision' control panel, which is essentially a clone of CCC save for a few new options and a new look. All the menus are present, and it opens the task as well. After having reinstalled the driver properly, an added bonus is that I can change the settings where I used to only have battery options.

Thank you, and for those of you uncertain about this solution, I deleted EVERY assembly entry with ATI's token and nothing has gone wrong.

strange, ive never had anyone report deleting the core-static directory was unsuccessful.

mirh
May 8, 2013, 09:40 AM
my personal solution (which required me 2 days of swearing ) was to simply..
ENABLE 64 BIT .NET (i'm on windows 7 x64)
for some reason the registry key needed for the 64 bit version of the framework was disabled (and CCC requires it)

you need to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework and edit "Enable64bit" DWORD to 1

:heart:best:heart:

sdexp
Jul 14, 2013, 02:55 AM
This article may be a little dated, but by following all the steps (except for newer versions of CCC, .NET Framework, and Windows), I successfully got Catalyst Control Center to install correctly and open correctly:

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_3.html

The key is to remove all registry entries with "ATI" or "Catalyst" in them. I also uninstalled the .NET Frameworks and then installed only the .NET Framework version relevant to the CCC install (don't update the .NET Framework even if Windows Update nags you to do so).

mopar546
Dec 7, 2013, 12:36 AM

It worked!!!
I registered just to say thanks.It worked perfect.All I did was uninstall those DLL's.I didn't have to restart or reinstall anything.I clicked on ccc,the screen flickered for a second & boom.It opened.:D