PDA

View Full Version : ATI AVIVO Video Converter 1.12 cracked, works w/ any card!

fanbanlo
Dec 18, 2005, 07:44 AM
http://www.elitebastards.com/page.php?pageid=13054

download: http://www.elitebastards.com/hanners/avivo/AvivoVideoConverter1_12.rar

chapelrun
Dec 18, 2005, 12:12 PM
Anybody tried this yet and how much horse power are you really going to need to take advantage of this?

For example, I currently have a AIW-9000 running on a Dell OptiPlex GX260 with 1.8 Ghz, with 512 MB RAM. Should this work with that level of Card?

weblurker
Dec 18, 2005, 02:49 PM
http://www.elitebastards.com/page.php?pageid=13054

download: http://www.elitebastards.com/hanners/avivo/AvivoVideoConverter1_12.rar

Nice spot, fanbanlo.
I noticed you have an Nvidia 6600. Does that cracked AVIVO converter work with the Nvidia GPU? I know it's a long shot, but you might give it a try.

fanbanlo
Dec 18, 2005, 02:57 PM
yes, works great with my 6600.~ :)

chapelrun: since it is a more efficient encoder, you'll see the diff no matter what CPU you're using.

breez
Dec 18, 2005, 02:59 PM
It should work with any video card as the encoding is done entirely on the CPU.

xsvcd
Dec 18, 2005, 11:57 PM
How do you use this file? I downloaded the .rar but I couldn't figure out how to get the program to work.

alaindc
Dec 19, 2005, 12:36 AM
How do you use this file? I downloaded the .rar but I couldn't figure out how to get the program to work.

i just try it...and this seem to work great, with my AiW 9800 pro.

extract all the files
push "setup.bat"
push any key on your keyboard when ask, each time
it should say install ok.

after the install is finish, just doubleclick on "Avivoxcode.exe" you extract earlier.
and encode.

seem to work pretty fast, with good quality.
little bug maybe. you have to choose the output folder, before choosing the file(simply check same as source folder), or it will say an error(no output folder), and the encode button will be disable.

fanbanlo
Dec 19, 2005, 01:32 AM
and H264 is contain in .avi rather than .mp4 which is preferred by most.

xsvcd
Dec 19, 2005, 08:22 AM
I tried the ATI video converter last night. The H.264 works pretty well. The one thing I notice about H.264 is that it does not reduce the blacks to shades of gray. WMV and other MPG4 codecs seem to fade the picture out. H.264 still achieves the same or better compression but it leaves the true blacks as black. This definitely gives the whole video a sharper look. I wonder if the new MMC will allow us to record to H.264? That might just be the solution we have been looking for?

caveman-jim
Dec 19, 2005, 04:59 PM
boo! you buggers have sucked up all the bandwidth!! :lol: Can anyone rehost it somewhere for me? Thanks!

VW_Factor
Dec 19, 2005, 05:08 PM
How big is it? I'd maybe be able to rehost the file.

fanbanlo
Dec 19, 2005, 05:09 PM
How big is it? I'd maybe be able to rehost the file.
2.28 MB (2,399,740 bytes)

maybe I can send u through e-mail/gmail

VW_Factor
Dec 19, 2005, 05:16 PM
2.28 MB (2,399,740 bytes)

maybe I can send u through e-mail/gmail

My email is under my profile, shoot it over here, and I'll put it on a host.

shasha
Dec 19, 2005, 05:20 PM
Another one here that would like to play, if there is another link or something it would be appreciated.

Tieresias
Dec 19, 2005, 05:27 PM
boo! you buggers have sucked up all the bandwidth!! :lol: Can anyone rehost it somewhere for me? Thanks!

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1281

VW_Factor
Dec 19, 2005, 05:33 PM
Servers all fouled up. :(

ronbo613
Dec 19, 2005, 06:20 PM
The file at elite bastards and one at guru3d appear to be different .

alaindc
Dec 19, 2005, 07:31 PM
Another one here that would like to play, if there is another link or something it would be appreciated.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9430374/AvivoVideoConverter1_12.rar.html
choose the free server, and download a few seconds later.
i just change a little the readme.txt , to explain the install.

VW_Factor
Dec 19, 2005, 07:49 PM
http://nvmyvw.home.comcast.net/avivo1_2.rar

new link.

Tieresias
Dec 19, 2005, 08:32 PM
The file at elite bastards and one at guru3d appear to be different .

I believe guru3d just repacked it. The actual files are the same.

VW_Factor
Dec 19, 2005, 08:46 PM
I believe guru3d just repacked it. The actual files are the same.

I did the same thing (had to for some reason, otherwise my email account, wouldnt let me save it).

ShaidarHaran
Dec 19, 2005, 09:22 PM
Holy ****!!! 10:1 encode times :eek: :drool: :heart: THANK YOU ATI (& EB)! How in the name of all that is holy did ATI manage such a dramatic reduction in encode times compared to current tools by only using the CPU's power? I thought this was supposed to use the power of one's GPU... Meh, I'm happy regardless of implementation. This is absolutely incredible. This just made the purchase of my dual core Opteron totally worth it. Till now I haven't found any encoding application that could use all the power my system has. I think I'm gonna crap my pants :p

fanbanlo
Dec 19, 2005, 09:25 PM
For sure, ATI cuts some corners during the optmization, but its all good~ :)

ShaidarHaran
Dec 19, 2005, 09:34 PM
This is better than sex!!!!!!! :drool:
I can't get over how good this is!
MY HEAD ASPLODE!!!!1111ONE

ShaidarHaran
Dec 19, 2005, 10:18 PM
Ok, my feelings about Xcode have changed somewhat... I just transcoded LOTR:ROTK from avi (xvid) to (supposedly) DVD by selecting output format of "DVD" within the Xcode tool, but it is actually outputting to mpeg and in a non-standard resolution which means I can neither burn this straight to DVD with Nero nor can I author with DVD Author :(

Xcode is outputting LOTR:ROTK @ 704x240 @ 25fps :confused:
I also tried an episode of Futurama and it was output to 704x480 @ 25fps.
:( Is this a bug or a "feature"?

VW_Factor
Dec 19, 2005, 10:47 PM
Dumb question. How does one install this thing or use it?

ShaidarHaran
Dec 19, 2005, 10:50 PM
Run the batch file, read closely and follow the instructions on-screen. I couldn't figure it out at first either, but that was because I didn't read the text in the command line box ;)

pochoboy
Dec 20, 2005, 01:15 AM
samo samo,
tried to convert an .avi file to dvd file output, but the ending result was a mpeg file. I was hoping for video and audio dvd files(if you know what I mean).

caveman-jim
Dec 20, 2005, 01:30 AM
http://rapidshare.de/files/9430374/AvivoVideoConverter1_12.rar.html
choose the free server, and download a few seconds later.
i just change a little the readme.txt , to explain the install.

Thanks to all who hosted/posted links. Appreciate it!

fanbanlo
Dec 20, 2005, 02:03 AM
samo samo,
tried to convert an .avi file to dvd file output, but the ending result was a mpeg file. I was hoping for video and audio dvd files(if you know what I mean).
ha... that's more like a job of DVD Authoring program, not an encoder...

pochoboy
Dec 20, 2005, 02:16 AM
okay, i'm a newbie

so, whats the reasoning for a mpg and dvd(mpeg) output. Okay, one might be better than other. But why not call the dvd output, mpeg?

there's sure alot of terms too learn and remember!

fanbanlo
Dec 20, 2005, 02:19 AM
notice that when you select DVD, you have a check box to fit the video to the DVD's limit (~4GB).

MPEG2 can have different many resolutions & bitrates, but a compliant Video-DVD only supports a subset of MPEG2.

And that's why it can't simply be called "mpeg2".

pochoboy
Dec 20, 2005, 02:42 AM
as for your explanation, in simple layman terms, the dvd output does not mean "dvd authoring" but, to convert and fit the original files to fit on a 4G dvd disk in mpeg form.

I guess I'm so used too converting .avi to dvd(meaning authoring files) that I just took it for granted that it'd be in Video/Audio dvd authoring form.

thanks for the lesson, "dvd authoring"

do you think AVIVO will ever have a dvd authoring option? It'd be real cool!

shasha
Dec 20, 2005, 06:55 AM
as for your explanation, in simple layman terms, the dvd output does not mean "dvd authoring" but, to convert and fit the original files to fit on a 4G dvd disk in mpeg form.

I guess I'm so used too converting .avi to dvd(meaning authoring files) that I just took it for granted that it'd be in Video/Audio dvd authoring form.

thanks for the lesson, "dvd authoring"

do you think AVIVO will ever have a dvd authoring option? It'd be real cool!
Anyone that creates an MPEG2 encoder or decoder they have to pay royalties or something for every copy that is out there. So I don't forsee them doing this if it is so easily cracked. It would be added overhead for every card that they build that would be bundled with it. You all know how tight they are with that ATI DVD Decoder they have, same thing here. It may be more for an encoder for all I know. There used to be a few really good MPEG2 encoders out there until the industry started charging. Tsunami comes to mind.

Agustus
Dec 20, 2005, 11:34 AM
This might provide some insight into what ATI was thinking when they intended to make it an X1000 family only utility:

Which brings us to the bad news and, to my mind, this is bad news. Despite the totally software accelerated abilities of AVIVO Video Converter, the software will require you to have a Radeon X1000 series board to make use of it. NVIDIA users are straight out of luck, as you might expect, but what will gall you more is the lack of support for ATI's Radeon Xx00 and 9x00 series of parts – If you want to use this tool, it's an X1000-based board or nothing. ATI's reasoning behind this is that, once they feel that the software acceleration of AVIVO Video Converter is perfected, they will move on to adding hardware acceleration into the mix using the abilities of the Radeon X1000 series. Thus, this would mean either dropping support for non-X1000 based parts at some point in the future anyway, or running development on two different codebases of the software, which ATI are none too keen to do. This seems to be a final decision on ATI's part, so I wouldn't hold out hope of this application working officially on any other boards any time in the future - Trust me, I'm as disappointed as you probably are reading this point, I have to confess to slumping down in my seat a little when it was brought up. The only real positive here is that this transcoder will most likely make it into third party applications, where we can all enjoy its speed and abilities without shelling out on a new ATI GPU.

Naturally, given the circumstances, I’m glad that it has been cracked but future versions may be much more difficult to do so and eventually when GPU hardware acceleration is added,…it may be impossible to do so.

chemame
Dec 20, 2005, 11:38 AM
Can I just say... and this will be a first for me...

O M F G !!!

I have all these archived DVDs full of .vcr files (long story), and I posted here a few weeks ago, my biggest fear is that one day they would be useless to me if I leave ATI. Another concern is that they are certainly useless to anyone without MMC. But now... there's just not words for this.

TO WHOEVER DID THIS... THANK YOU.. THANK YOU... FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, THANK YOU, WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO ME.

Agustus
Dec 20, 2005, 12:31 PM
Interesting,….

I never really used the .vcr file format but if the AvivoXCode utility recognizes .vcr your definitely in a good position to transcode now.

I wonder how well the AvivoXCode utility works on DVR-M$ files made from a HDTV Wonder in MCE 2K5.

I may have to try it.

I’m guessing that I should try outputting it using the DVD option.

chemame
Dec 20, 2005, 12:47 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh! no no no no tell me it ain't so!

OK, I may be the last goofball on this board doing all this in W2K
(I just don't care for XP... *shrug*)

BUT... when I was ecstatic earlier... I had installed AVIVOXCODE on my work machine -- an XP machine -- not my choice obviously.. anyway...

So I got all excited, and first thing I did when I got home... I installed it on my W2K machines at home. AND IT WON'T INSTALL.

Tells me MODULE NOT FOUND when trying to regsvr32 atixcode.dll

WTF? What module is it looking for? AAAAAAAARRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH!

Is EVERYONE else using XP? It sure looks that way from the sigs.

:-(

Agustus
Dec 20, 2005, 01:12 PM
I’m using “Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with SP2 and Rollup2”.

BTW, If you have “Catalyst Control Center” installed some files are overwritten (if you choose to) when you install the AvivoXCode utility. These files seemed to be skin related though.

Phigment
Dec 20, 2005, 02:12 PM
So I thought this program was supposed to use hardware acceleration!! When are they going to introduce this feature so that we can get the most out of our x1K cards? Does this mean that when it is added we will see an even quicker encode/decode?

Agustus
Dec 20, 2005, 02:16 PM
So I thought this program was supposed to use hardware acceleration!! When are they going to introduce this feature so that we can get the most out of our x1K cards? Does this mean that when it is added we will see an even quicker encode/decode?

see here:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1334076009&postcount=35

and look here too:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2645&p=2

the Catalyst 5.13 Beta drivers are already out.

Phigment
Dec 20, 2005, 02:43 PM
Right, thanks for the pointer, that makes sense.

On another note.. I've done an analysis on a clip I encoded. I'm not very impressed with their encoding job.

As far as the h.264 codec goes, the ATI encoder is not making very much use of it's features.
-no b-frames
-only 16x16 block encoding
-mostly intra estimation

If they were to make a good encoder and add b-frames, multiple block sizes (8x8, 16x8, 8x16, 16x16), and use inter estimation, I'm sure the encode time would increase by a factor of at least 4, but the quality would increase imensely.

fanbanlo
Dec 20, 2005, 03:13 PM
but maybe it makes sense to not have those implemented for now.

look at QuickTime... the encoding process is sooooo slow.

and for most, H264 already looks quite good.

Corben9
Dec 20, 2005, 04:40 PM
Ok iwe been testing it with the PSP preset and the encoder seems to be having frame rate interpolation issues . I transcded a movie in divx to PSP mp4 and it was ok it even worked on 1.5 firmware ... then i tryed an xvid stargate episode and whilst the quality was better it seem to have been running at 29.9 fps oposed to the 24 the original xvid was encoded at makin the audio and the video go totaly out of sync ...

I guess its gonna be the never ending audio video sync issue that we have become acustomed to seeing in the MMC implementation of the cobra engine... ill try some other reencodes and let u guys know what i dig up ... as for now its like this its super fast .... 142 min movi in 10 min ... but kinda useless if the audio and video are out of sync .... unfortionatly for ati ... BS or VOB player are not running neiter on PSP nor on Ipod ... so there gonna have to make sure that the half-baked software from sony and apple run ok ... unfortinatly for ati neiter sony nor apple will wanna help them if u ask me coz they both wanna get another $ everytime u want to watch a show on ur PSP or Ipod ... welcome to trusted computing or ... profit optimisation in the entertainment industry with imunity of corporate entities form legal prosecutioon based on fraud ... intelectual property fraud as i like to call it is alreday legal in the us ... thnx good i live on another continent!

Oh and it seems to be quite smart when chosing the resoluton to encode at based on the aspect ratio the original file comes in ... thats nice :)

Auric
Dec 20, 2005, 06:35 PM
I see its usefullness being mostly for transcoding of lower quality clips from a variety of formats to MPEG-4 variants (for consistency and smaller file sizes), or for temporary usage while perhaps keeping the original. Legacy formats are for the birds but I don't know if I would use it for anything more serious yet (where quality and compliancy was critical). There are many other free and pay apps that usually have some faults or format limitations. The ease of use versus capabilities is a common struggle. This seems to be pretty good even as beta. Not to look a gift horse in the mouf, but I would prefer it without the splash screen and skin.

pochoboy
Dec 20, 2005, 08:11 PM
newbie needs help,

how do you go abouts in uninstalling the AVIVO program, I took a look at add/remove programs in control panel and it's not listed there?

on the initial install it looked like it did it in some kind of dos mode i thinks

i'd really like to uninstall all traces of this, please!

fanbanlo
Dec 20, 2005, 08:17 PM
there's no way~ hahhaha....
System restore if you like.

but really, just delete the files, won't affect your system much, just some dll / registry hacks during the setup.bat

Corben9
Dec 20, 2005, 08:18 PM
I did some more testing ok semms that the codecs are internal so the app doesnt use any standard registered filters except the AVI spliter ... iwe been experimenting with variouse codec configurations via the Ace Megacodecs packs control panel as of yet the AVI splitter seems to be the only thing that turning on and off effectivly enables or disables the transcoder ... now i dont know enough about the app itself to know if it uses internal codecs alone but if it does they might be a little bugy audio is out of sync in the transcodec material and the framerate is set abnormaly ... also ther is a odd black line in the video if u use normal size *default * on the PSP that I can not duplicate in any other transcoder like PSP Video 9 ...

Can anyone else try this with there PSP and transcode some xvid or divx file and see if they run into the same problem ... if its like this id like ati to know of it even if this is still a beta coz these audio sync bugs hava a bad habit of stayin in ati software * like MMC for like 3 years or so and lets not forget the Ati DVD players Rage theatre SPDIF out cracle ... debacle that reamins unfixed since the introduction of tha ALL in WOnder Radeon DDR ...

If i find out more ill post !hope that monitors the video threads these days ... who knows lol

pochoboy
Dec 20, 2005, 08:31 PM
fanblano,

mahalo for your soothing words. I was getting all wacked out thinking it may cause problems in the future.

just learnt another lesson, on the "internet life"

edit: for all those comtemplating to d/l and install, according to Fanbanlo, this install has no complete uninstall. Remnants will remain. Registery hacks?? geez, why didn't my nod32 or spysweeper inform me? hmmmmm

fanbanlo
Dec 20, 2005, 10:19 PM
not really registry hack, but by looking at the setup.bat (right click -> edit), a few files are copied, and a few calls to regsvr32.

1.) you can undo the regsvr32 calls by: regsvr32 /u [dllname] as described here: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regsvr32.mspx
2.) you can undo the copy by deleting the file.

done.

Although it didn't come with any uninstaller, it is pretty easy to uninstall yourself if you want, but this software is not that intrusive (not messing with your OS).

chemame
Dec 21, 2005, 09:59 AM
Well, I guess I'm in a LITTLE better shape than I was yesterday. A buddy tried this out on his XP Pro system, and it fails there too. Can't register ATIXCODE.DLL

At least on his, when it fails, he gets "MSJAVA.DLL - Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2)." (why in the world his is looking for that dll is beyond me. I don't see it in Dependency Walker)

On mine, all I get is some vague blurb about "unable to load the specified module" and it doesn't even tell me what dang module.

Guess I'll run Dependency Walker at home tonight, find out what's going on there. I really need this to install! :-(

(edit: preliminary peek looks like I am missing MSVCP71.DLL at home)

Kernel_Panic
Dec 21, 2005, 07:07 PM
Well, I guess I'm in a LITTLE better shape than I was yesterday. A buddy tried this out on his XP Pro system, and it fails there too. Can't register ATIXCODE.DLL

At least on his, when it fails, he gets "MSJAVA.DLL - Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2)." (why in the world his is looking for that dll is beyond me. I don't see it in Dependency Walker)

On mine, all I get is some vague blurb about "unable to load the specified module" and it doesn't even tell me what dang module.

Guess I'll run Dependency Walker at home tonight, find out what's going on there. I really need this to install! :-(

(edit: preliminary peek looks like I am missing MSVCP71.DLL at home)

Same problem here. Dependency Walker said it needed MSJAVA.dll and dwmapi.dll. I googled dwmapi.dll and it has something to do with Windows Vista. Whats going on here???

Jawed
Dec 21, 2005, 08:36 PM
So I got all excited, and first thing I did when I got home... I installed it on my W2K machines at home. AND IT WON'T INSTALL.
The setup.bat file is hardcoded with a default WinXP windows path.

So if you edit the setup.bat to point at your real windows path, all should be alright.

I haven't needed to try this, though, so I can't vouch for it.

Jawed

fanbanlo
Dec 21, 2005, 10:18 PM
or maybe related to some .net stuff? not sure...
try installing .net framework.

chemame
Dec 22, 2005, 08:43 AM
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

This is what I get for not being familiar with XP in any way... I didn't even THINK to look at the install location!

Now, I take full responsibility for missing this.... and I THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for pointing it out...

but WHY IN THE HECK would MS revert to using "windows" instead of "winnt"? What kind of compatibility is that?

In any event, what's the system variable to make this more compliant... %SystemFolder% or something like that?

UGH

I feel like an idiot. Thanks. I will try this when I get home. Better than upgrading to XP for no real reason.

Jawed
Dec 22, 2005, 08:50 AM
Just blame it on the "alpha" status.

Jawed

chemame
Dec 22, 2005, 01:08 PM
Wahoo!!

It works. Jawed, thank you for bringing me to my sense. Viva la 2K!

moondogg
Dec 22, 2005, 03:25 PM
ok so i tried it out, converted a movie using the DVD option, it made an .mpg, then I burnt it to a DVD using data mode and the player wont read it, how am I supposed to burn this so it works on a dvd player and not a pc?

fanbanlo
Dec 22, 2005, 03:30 PM
ok so i tried it out, converted a movie using the DVD option, it made an .mpg, then I burnt it to a DVD using data mode and the player wont read it, how am I supposed to burn this so it works on a dvd player and not a pc?
you got a DVD compatible MPEG from the encoder, but you gotta buy a DVD Authoring software to make DVD content ready to be recorded on your DVD+/-R.
see http://www.videohelp.com

Agustus
Dec 22, 2005, 04:05 PM
you got a DVD compatible MPEG from the encoder, but you gotta buy a DVD Authoring software to make DVD content ready to be recorded on your DVD+/-R.
see http://www.videohelp.com

I’m thinking that one might be able to get away with using MMC and the SAS install from the original ATI CD in order to burn a CD/DVD. Unfortunately, not all MMC CDs have the SAS folder, which adds burn functionality to the MMC “Library”.

In any case I never bothered to use this function but "if it will work" others here can tell you how to do it.

moondogg
Dec 22, 2005, 05:27 PM
hmm so I converted a movie over to DVD, and the orginal res was 640x360, then after converting it went to 704x204, so when I try to load the converted file in TMPGEnc DVD author I get some error about an unsupported resolution.. perhaps I did something wrong or does that AVIVO convertor covert to that silly resolution? I didnt see an option on a resolution to choose..
http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/9783/image19ae.th.jpg (http://img437.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image19ae.jpg)

fanbanlo
Dec 23, 2005, 06:27 AM
moondogg: yes, that's a silly ATI XCode bug.