PDA

View Full Version : Zero Display Service Error?

Volcane
Jun 14, 2002, 09:02 AM
When installing the catalyst display drivers a error message appeared when the driver files were being copied saying

Severe
zero display service error

I clicked passed it, and it continued installing the driver files and then the control panel files, and on reboot the driver seems to be installed alright and games seem to be playing alright. So does anyone have any idea why this error message appeared?

jalal
Jun 15, 2002, 03:45 PM
I have the same "zero display service error" here while installing the driver.

I then tried to uninstall reinstall, with no luck

The 3dmark2001 tests failed, causing the pc to crash 9blue screen of DEATH)

I am thus reverting to previous drivers.

krynis
Jun 21, 2005, 08:44 PM
I have this issue aswell only my games seem to run perfectly fine only for about 40 minutes and then my machine reboots

Im using the following
Amd Sempron 2800+
Ati Radeon 9800Pro (128)
CreativeLabs Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
350w Sparkle PSU (no problems before now and have had this one in for about 2 months)

krynis
Jun 22, 2005, 12:57 PM
Volcane and Jalal about when did this problem arise for you guys? Do you recall any programs you might have installed just before hand?

bhz9294
Jun 22, 2005, 02:31 PM
I've had it since the 4.5's were released and never had any other related problems.

Vel
Aug 25, 2005, 06:05 PM
Does anyone ahve anymore info on this? I was running dungeon siege 2 when i heard my hard drive click and power down and got a kernel_data_inpage_error (everything online I can find is pointing to a faulty hard drive in the works). I then managed to get win xp back up and running, but when I started up dungeon siege 2 again, I got that kernel BSOD error. i figured Ok I will uninstall my graphics drivers, MAYBE that's what is going on, since it happened while running the game nd also while starting it. . I was using the latest Omega drivers.

I uninstalled them from the control panel, I used the Driver Cleaner Pro utility to get rid of anything related to ATI before installing the new drivers, I checked MSI live update to see if there's any new bios versoins for my MOBO, (nothing but a nforce driver which I thought would help, alas did not ). And now whenever I install Catalyst drivers, i get that Zero Display Service Error, however the system restarts and everythign , as far as I can tell is running fine, graphically. I just don't like the fact I didn't get a clean install. Plus I am curious as to WHY this is happening.

Shootist
Jan 4, 2006, 07:01 PM
I hope somebody can figure this out. It's driving me crazy. I'm also getting that "zero display service" error when I try to install the 5.13 drivers. In my case it's accompanied with system stability. Usually crashes in bootup between the black "windows XP loading" screen and the blue "welcome to windows" screen. Usually I can get it to boot after a few resets. I also crash whenever I try running 3dmark 2005 after dismal frame rates the first few tests. This is a new system I just built, hasn't run right even after several clean formats/reinstalls and repair attempts. Current bios, nvidia drivers, all windows updates, etc.

Xp Home sp2
athelon 64 3500+
gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI
500W PS (2nd one)
2 GB ddr400
Radeon X800xl 256mb PCI-e

bhz9294
Jan 6, 2006, 11:26 PM
The way I got rid of it was, unfortunately, by reformatting my HDD. I can only guess one of the past drivers is leaving some crap behind that even Driver Cleaner doesn't delete.

However, it shouldn't be causing system instablities.

Shootist
Jan 12, 2006, 07:46 AM
I'd be willing to bet that everybody having this problem has a nVidia chipset, (N4, maybe?) and probably also using PCIe. You're probably also experiencing hard drive problems if you're using Sata hard drives in a non-raid configuration.
From what I've been able to gather reading forums is that the N4 chipset (or at least the drivers) is garbage. Many people are haing problems with the hard drive controller, PCIe slots and the NIC.

bhz9294
Jan 15, 2006, 04:58 AM
I'll take that bet, lol.

It has nothing to do with the NF4 chipset since mine occured on an Intel chipset and an AGP graphics card.

DreadfullyDespized
Apr 18, 2006, 03:11 AM
I am running a n4 board and a amd 4800x2 with 1mb per side and the sapphire radeon x1900xtx 512mb. I finally have the error only with 6.14 but with all the other driver versions including this one durring certain times, not sure what causes it but I seem to have a speed glitch in games. warrock/gunz and so forth. Where everything is glitchy but in superspeed so most think I am cheating. makes it impossible to play because it is literally like I am teleporting and unloading 30rounds in the time it takes to touch the left click to fire.

I contacted both ati and sapphire

sapphire thinks I will probably have to RMA the card and ati is still being lazzy on customer support.

Used the chuck drivers also. got the error again but no fruity static screen between boot screen and windows login