PDA

View Full Version : There is a loose piece of earwax rattling inside my head...

Moldyfish
Feb 9, 2002, 06:46 PM
...and it is driving me ABSOLUTELY INSANE. It got knocked loose somehow but it's too big to come out of my ear, so every time I tilt my head slightly in one direction or another I can hear it (amplified) moving around. Is there something I can put into my ear to dissolve it or something? :mad:

ss1
Feb 9, 2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Moldyfish
Is there something I can put into my ear to dissolve

Yep there is :). I can't remember what its called but should be able to buy it from a shop :).

ss1.

Oscar1613
Feb 9, 2002, 06:54 PM
its called debrox

Killdozer
Feb 9, 2002, 06:54 PM
Get a syringe full of warm water and gently squirt it in your ear, the same thing happened to my brother and it came out.

Uriel
Feb 9, 2002, 06:57 PM
let someone skull**** you, that helps, or so I've heard
killdozer already explained the techinque behind it ;)

Red Dragon Tong
Feb 9, 2002, 07:28 PM
uriel thats gross..

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 9, 2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Ijustwannaknow
uriel thats gross..

and yet funny..

rboot
Feb 9, 2002, 09:18 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got a cramp from laughing so much with this one! Uriel, thanx for the exercise in hilarity!
If the SkullF don't work and just makes it worse....Dood, soak yer ear with hydrogen peroxide, it breaks it up and is cheap.
LMAO!!! Thanx Uriel for the laugh!
rboot

Moldyfish
Feb 9, 2002, 11:57 PM
Hah! I completely forgot I had a chinese ear-cleaning kit in my desk (basically consisting of a long, thin metal rod with a little scraper at the end, a pointy wooden stick, and another stick with a puffy thing on the end to clean your inner ear :hmm: ) but at least I got it out! Whoo-hoo! :D

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 10, 2002, 12:03 AM
Hah! I completely forgot I had a chinese ear-cleaning kit in my desk (basically consisting of a long, thin metal rod with a little scraper at the end, a pointy wooden stick, and another stick with a puffy thing on the end to clean your inner ear :hmm: ) but at least I got it out! Whoo-hoo! :D

gj :p

"What do you do in your spare time mr. moldyfish?"

"Oh i go to rage3d and post about my ear wax fishing problems.."

:hmm:

Not that I have a life or anything.. :bleh:

JasonQG
Feb 10, 2002, 02:09 AM
Hah! I completely forgot I had a chinese ear-cleaning kit in my desk (basically consisting of a long, thin metal rod with a little scraper at the end, a pointy wooden stick, and another stick with a puffy thing on the end to clean your inner ear :hmm: ) but at least I got it out! Whoo-hoo! :D That sounds dangerous.

Red Dragon Tong
Feb 10, 2002, 02:18 AM
Ear wax

Whoever said "Never stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear" knew the value of earwax, the body's remarkable ear cleaning and protection system. All along the external ear canal, thick skin containing oil glands and modified sweat glands grows ever outward, excreting earwax along the way. Dust, dirt, dead skin, and anything else that gets in your ear is trapped in the wax and transported to the outer ear, where it eventually falls out on its own.

Unfortunately, many people, thinking that earwax is dirty and socially unacceptable, go to great lengths to remove the wax from sight. Using everything from cotton swabs to paper clips, they end up pushing dirt back into the ear canal, compacting the wax against the eardrum and risking injury to the skin that the wax protects against infection. If you must remove wax from your outer ear canal, use only a wet washcloth wrapped around your index finger and use a gentle, circular motion to clear out only the wax that has made its way to the outermost regions of your ear. If your ear's natural cleaning system seems not to be working properly, see your doctor.

Symptoms/Signs:

Wax that varies in color over time and appears at the mouth of the ear canal, or hard, brownish or amber wax that partially or fully blocks the ear canal

Consult Your Doctor If:

There is persistent itching or pain in your ear canal.

Any fluids or pus drain from your ear.

A painful, swollen, red bump appears in your ear canal.

You experience any hearing loss or hear ringing in your ears.

You know or suspect that an insect or foreign body is lodged in your ear.

Home Care Ideas:

Avoid using over-the-counter eardrops to soften or remove earwax unless recommended to do so by your doctor. Putting any liquid in your ear when you have even a tiny hole in your eardrum can cause infection.

If an insect becomes trapped in your ear canal, put a few drops of mineral oil in your ear canal to immobilize the creature until your doctor can remove it.

Use only your finger wrapped in a wet washcloth to clean your outer ear canal. Never use cotton swabs or any other device to remove earwax.

Never try to remove a foreign body lodged in your ear. Doing so may push the object farther into the ear canal and risk injury to the eardrum. Consult your physician.

Never insert any object other than your washcloth-wrapped finger into your ear canal.

Chicane-UK
Feb 10, 2002, 03:47 AM
Do NOT use the 'poke stuff in your ear' kit Moldyfish.. it is a sure fire way to do somthing bad.

Heres a little true story that seems appropriate. My auntie had a bit of wax, or an itch in her ear whilst doing some knitting one day (what an exciting life eh?). She picked up a knitting needle and then went walking into the kitchen, cleaning her ear with this knitting needle, to make a drink. But on the way, she stumbled and the knitting needle went deep into her ear and perforated her ear drum.

As far as I know she made a full recovery without any hearing loss, but that could have been far worse - like a brain kebab or somthin.

david_eales
Feb 10, 2002, 04:06 AM
hmm nasty i think the warm water method is best

ZepBrian
Feb 10, 2002, 12:17 PM
Q-Tips work wonders these days :)

Zero
Feb 10, 2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Uriel
let someone skull**** you, that helps, or so I've heard
killdozer already explained the techinque behind it ;)

So would that be considered aural sex? :D

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 10, 2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ZepBrian

True lmfao why hasnt anyone said that yet.. :hmm:

Filburt
Feb 10, 2002, 02:02 PM

It says right on the box of Q-Tips to not stick them into the ear canal.

Five-seveN
Feb 10, 2002, 02:27 PM
If your not supposed to put Q-Tips in your ears then were are you supposed to stick them???

... wait don't say a WORD ANYONE... :D

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 10, 2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Five-seveN
If your not supposed to put Q-Tips in your ears then were are you supposed to stick them???

... wait don't say a WORD ANYONE... :D

aahaha :lol: Well i just think they mean dont push it past where theres pressure against it..

Chicane-UK
Feb 10, 2002, 02:40 PM
Its worth pointing out that pretty much ANY doctor will strongly advise that you dont use Q-Tips, and instead go for ear drops which will break down and disolve any surplus wax.

There are a million horror stories about Q-Tips and what they can do to you..

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 10, 2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Chicane-UK
Its worth pointing out that pretty much ANY doctor will strongly advise that you dont use Q-Tips, and instead go for ear drops which will break down and disolve any surplus wax.

ya well.. i think i can be careful enough that im not going to stab my brain.. :eek:

ZepBrian
Feb 10, 2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Chicane-UK

only if u dont use them right..........................

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 10, 2002, 09:21 PM

only if u dont use them right..........................

ya you dont like thrust the thing at 500 kp/h into your brain.. :p

ZepBrian
Feb 10, 2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by -CyNiCaL-

ya you dont like thrust the thing at 500 kp/h into your brain.. :p

yeah, exactly

ByteMe
Feb 10, 2002, 10:22 PM
You could try and get your g/f to suck it out.

ByteMe

ZepBrian
Feb 10, 2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by ByteMe
You could try and get your g/f to suck it out.

ByteMe

ewie :ugh:

ByteMe
Feb 10, 2002, 10:39 PM

ewie :ugh:

yea, that would be a bit kinky/dirty. I'd never allow them to act that way. [size=6] NOT

ByteMe

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 10, 2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ByteMe

yea, that would be a bit kinky/dirty. I'd never allow them to act that way. [size=6] NOT

ByteMe

u forgot to close ur [size] thing.. anyways ya that would be kinda gross.. :ugh:

ZepBrian
Feb 10, 2002, 10:49 PM

u forgot to close ur [size] thing.. anyways ya that would be kinda gross.. :ugh:

very gross!

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 10, 2002, 10:50 PM

very gross!

ya like geez that doesnt even turn me on in the least.. ya.. eww.. :ugh: doin some ol' ear suckin.. :hmm:

ZepBrian
Feb 10, 2002, 10:52 PM

ya like geez that doesnt even turn me on in the least.. ya.. eww.. :ugh: doin some ol' ear suckin.. :hmm:

stop!! yuck! :(

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 10, 2002, 10:53 PM

stop!! yuck! :(

*suck ear suck ear suck ear.. mm big chunk.. *

:ugh:

toy187
Feb 11, 2002, 12:02 PM

:ugh: :ahhhh: :bleh:

ZepBrian
Feb 11, 2002, 03:00 PM

:ugh:

thats just wrong man, wrong

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 11, 2002, 03:30 PM

thats just wrong man, wrong

ya i know, but ya see.. it bugs you, so its all good ;)

ZepBrian
Feb 11, 2002, 05:28 PM
good lord, i hope to god im not the only one it bugs

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 11, 2002, 05:57 PM
good lord, i hope to god im not the only one it bugs

lmfao :p yeah dont worry ear wax sucking is nasty to everyone, except byteme, cause..

http://www.gizba.com/x/cynical/byteme.jpg

Red Dragon Tong
Feb 11, 2002, 06:17 PM
icck....

Gross post.

ZepBrian
Feb 11, 2002, 07:30 PM
again, unneeded in more than one post buddy...

JasonQG
Feb 11, 2002, 07:47 PM
again, unneeded in more than one post buddy... And telling him that in more than one thread is a lot better... :rolleyes:

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 11, 2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by JasonQG
And telling him that in more than one thread is a lot better... :rolleyes:

lol :lol:

yeah well sorry for postin it so many times but ya know.. gotta make sure he sees it :) lotsa hard work went into that! 4 minutes! :eek:

ZepBrian
Feb 11, 2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by JasonQG
And telling him that in more than one thread is a lot better... :rolleyes:

well it had to be done... what if he only looked in one of the threads???

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 11, 2002, 07:55 PM

well it had to be done... what if he only looked in one of the threads???

i think im gonna cry :( *runs away crying, runs into a pole carried by zep, and falls unconscious on the floor*

JasonQG
Feb 11, 2002, 08:03 PM
well it had to be done... what if he only looked in one of the threads??? If you were really that concerned about him seeing it, you could have PMed him. I think what you were really interested in was your post count.

-CyNiCaL-
Feb 11, 2002, 08:15 PM
Stop guys geez!! Stop yur a feudin' and a fussin' :p

Man all i did was post a picture.. no need to go all ape sh1t :p