PDA

View Full Version : Laser quest tips and techniques. I NEED TO KICK ***. Please help this noobie!

nanyangview
Nov 15, 2002, 08:09 PM
I am going to the LaserQuest next friday with my school's music council. I been to the army before fired real guns and knows most of the hand signals and tactics.
So how is the gun like in LQ, how accurate/crap is it? Must the laser hit the sensor in order to score or it works by infrared. My friend tells me it works by IR so when u are further from the target, the IR beam will spread and easier to score.
What are some of the techniques and tips for first time player cos I want to KICK ASS there.

Oreo_The_Cookie
Nov 15, 2002, 08:14 PM
Bring aluminum foil and tape it over the sensor ;)

Altheos
Nov 15, 2002, 08:21 PM
First,there is no real sights, you have to aim by instinct and you can only score a hit if a sensor id hit by the beam, and its not IR,its lasers because when they start smoking the chambers you can see the beams.
The lack of sights makes it a lot more difficult for distance targeting.

Also,you dont know if you have hit someone on the sensor or not, only if they "die".

Another tip, when you are empty( shots and lives) and going back to base, act like you are still alive and the enemy will empty their guns on you, even though it doesnt affect you(and your score).

First thing to do,memorize the maze and the little dark unused passages and send like one or two guys in them to reach base with lots of shots while making a diversion in another passage to draw the attention of the enemy.

When attacking the base, put two or three guys in front of the entrance of the base to protect the one shooting the light(you must make sure that the protectors are willing to sacrifice themselves),off course dont cheat, when a protector is dead, he should get out of the way.

And finaly, as always, communication and organisation are the key.I f you are in a f**ked up team you will loose.

nanyangview
Nov 15, 2002, 08:23 PM
how do u consider a DIE?

Robotzombie
Nov 15, 2002, 08:27 PM
-Prey on small children. Follow them around and repeatedly shoot them and their friends if they stick together. Tell them if they shoot you you'll kick them in the nuts.

-Make sure you shower, so your smell doesn't give away your position

-Wear camoflauge and eye paint

-When you're waiting before the game starts, breathe heavily and grunt so as to intimidate your 'marks'

-paint 'I AM BECOME DEATH' on your gun. If the laser dude asks about it, tell him you got it like that.

-when people hit you, tell them "You just made your last mistake Short stuff" OR "Sweet tits" OR "Chuff"

-Read Sun Tzu's The art of Lazer war (Harvard Press, 1998)

-When your (inevitable) victory comes, shout "I AM THE DUNGEON MASTER!!!!!"

Hope that helps... :)

Altheos
Nov 15, 2002, 08:28 PM
you have a number of lives( like in adventure games) each it take a life, also you have a number a shots in your gun ( like 40 shots) when the gun is empty ,it takes you a life automaticaly to recharge it. So when you shoot like a madman, you die quick, when you get shot ,you die quicker.

When the "lives" run out , you die and you have to go to a recharge station where it will recharge your gun and your lives.

nanyangview
Nov 15, 2002, 08:31 PM
is the vest lit or not? and should I use the aluminium foil trick? since that is too visible, does those Anti static bags work too since they are translucent, harder to dectect.

Can I use real army tactics such as tripping the enemy? Hitting then with the butt of the gun. Like u hid befind the wall and when they come hit them with the butt.

Shikatanai
Nov 15, 2002, 08:37 PM
For hidden bonus points that noone knows about, find a 14 y.o. girl and cut her ponytail off

Altheos
Nov 15, 2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by nanyangview
is the vest lit or not? and should I use the aluminium foil trick? since that is too visible, does those Anti static bags work too since they are translucent, harder to dectect.

There is employees looking for cheaters in there...if you get caught,youre out of the all the games.

Can I use real army tactics such as tripping the enemy? Hitting then with the butt of the gun. Like u hid befind the wall and when they come hit them with the butt.

no contacts are allowed...though I sometime pushed people a little and hit them a little hard while running,oh yeah, you're not allowed to run too...eh
These rules are here to protect the equipement, which is kind of fragile.

And yes there is lights on the "armor" ,but usually people dont notice that,they are too nervous, oh and I forgot ,dont shoot your teammates, theres friendly fire...

Imagoon4935
Nov 16, 2002, 02:36 AM
depending on the gun, the gun may make a sound when you shoot, giving away your position. just cover the speaker with your hand and you have an instant silencer. with the guns at the lazer quest i go to it too some time to adjust to my hand being at the back of the gun covering the speaker, but i got used to it after a while.
next, walk sideways. always do this. if your front sensor isn't facing the person in front of you, they can't hit it. and this isn't considered covering a target so it's legal (at least where i go)
depending on the maze and the experience of the other players, try to get to high ground. experienced players will usually go to higher levels of the maze and shoot down at people below, who are usually inexperinced and easier to hit.
the place i go to has "dark lights" aka those ultra-violet lite things. they make light colors glow light purple, so wear something dark.
there one fancy maneuver that experinced players at the place i go to know that's a little hard for me to describe, but i guess i can try: as you're walking sideways towards a person hold your gun out in front of you a bit and try to keep it moving in some way to avoid getting your gun shot (at the place i go to, you can get shot right down the barrel of the gun.) this usually involves moving your torso foreward and backward quickly as well as using your arms. it takes practice to do this and aim well, so use at your own descretion. note: if you can get shot in the gun like you can at the place i go to, you will be hit there the most, so try to make it hard for other players to hit you there
most players think that you have to have to hit a sensor with the full beam to "kill" another player, but this isn't true. if you move the gun quickly while firing to make a streak with the lazer, and make this streak go over a players target sensor, it will count as a kill, and usually increase your chances of killing that player
alot of the game depends on what pack/"armor" you pick. all packs are NOT made equal (at least at the place i go to) and it makes all the difference in the world to get a good one. i can personally testify that i have been shot in the eye and have it count as a chest shot or someone will shoot the wall behind me and it will count as a shoulder hit. you really have no control over this, but it's something to keep in mind.

that's about all i can think of right now, i've been a member for about two years at the place i go to. the best is when you get to play specialty games like aliens verses predator. i played a lockdown (play from midnight to 6 in the morning for a single price) and we played a bunch of specialty games, and i likes AvP the best (try not to be an alien, they get owned)

nanyangview
Nov 17, 2002, 01:21 AM
can i attach a bayonet with blunt blade?

Clockwork
Nov 17, 2002, 01:32 AM
Laserquest? Man, I haven't been to one of those places in years....

Koenig
Nov 17, 2002, 01:36 AM
I think the rules are a little different for each place. The one I used to frequent often in FL deducted points away from your score with each shot, not life. I used to actually try and aim and conserve ammo but always ranked last. Then, I noticed all the winniers were depressing rapidly on the trigger. So I decided to try one round and on my first try I made first. So as I was saying it depends on where you play to get a high score.

Mike G
Nov 17, 2002, 06:31 AM
OMG I'VE BEEN IN THE ARMY SO I MUST BE THE **** AT LASERTAG!1!!11

queer

shrike126
Nov 17, 2002, 09:31 AM
They normally put the Quad Damage in a little passage way down low and to the right of where you start. Go there, pick it up, then look for the nearest chaingun...

;)