- Rage3D Home Page
- Discuss This Article
- Page List
- Go To Next Page
- Go To Last Page
Secret World Tweak Guide
Product: The Secret World
Author: Sean Ridgeley
Editor: Charles Oliver
Date: July 17th, 2012
Introduction, test setup
Funcom's low fantasy MMORPG The Secret World launched last week to pretty positive reviews and fan reception. If you're enjoying it but need some help getting the game to run optimally, this tweak guide will help you out by examining how each setting affects visuals and performance, so you can adjust according to your hardware and preferences and get the best possible trade-off.
As ever, you typically want to be shooting for 60 frames per second (fps) or higher, but the ideal varies quite a bit from game to game and from person to person.
All testing was performed in the New York game region using the High preset as a baseline; most tests were performed in the main city streets along the same routes and also in the Illuminati compound, but some were performed in parks and by the harbour, as appropriate. Each run was approximately a few minutes in length. Note because the game is completely online, some anomalies in performance results proved unavoidable.
Editor's Note: A few hours after publication, we updated the article slightly thanks to tips from NVIDIA. Sections affected include Tessellation (new screens and tweaked information), and Texture Filtering (tweaked information).
- Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz (Stock)
- Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3-1600 (1333mhz)
- Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB (Stock)
- Resolution: 1680x1050
- Driver: 12.7 beta, no CAP
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.4 GHz or better, or equivalent AMD CPU
- Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) or 3GB (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
- Hard Disk Space: 30GB free hard drive space
- Video Card: NVidia 8800 series/Radeon HD3850 or better, min. 512MB VRAM
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 3.0Ghz or equivalent
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Video Card: NVidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB