Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:55 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Exclamation Gran Turismo 5 (Owners Only) Thread

the other thread turned into a mess, so this one is only for GT5 owners and I am not interested in the arguments compared to other racing games.

that being said, I just downloaded 3 premium cars for free from the Japanese PSN.

From December 24 to January 31, Japanese GT5 drivers will be able to download a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640, a BMW M3 Coupe and a Jaguar XJ13 completely free for use in the game. The Lambo and the Beemer were originally included in the game's collector's edition, and the Jag was a promotional extra from Facebook.

The promotion is currently for Japan only, so you US and European players will have to live with the usual coal in your stocking. Maybe next year, try not being so naughty?

I was naughty enough to create a japanese PSN account. couldn't wait until next year

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/16/gr...-christmas-in/
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:05 PM   #2
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

thanks you the reminder i have a jp psn account from the start..
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:23 PM   #3
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
thanks you the reminder i have a jp psn account from the start..
I downloaded the cars, but I don't see them in the game
Quote:
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:24 PM   #4
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

maybe only for jp account lol

Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:26 PM   #5
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
maybe only for jp account lol
I started the game under the jp account user and didn't still see the cars.
Quote:
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:27 PM   #6
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

maybe need to wait for x-mas, in gt5 there are even christmas song music playing in the game lol

Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:27 AM   #7
NEODARK
Rage3D Veteran

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

Same here, how do you get these in-game?

I wasn't able to find them to purchase from the dealership either.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 01:52 AM   #8
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

have you guys looked in the car exchange? bottom left side of the gt life menu. that's where i got my extra cars.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:32 AM   #9
NEODARK
Rage3D Veteran

Car exchange? Do you mean the trailer (delivery truck) where you get the cars items after winning cars?

If so, I didn't see them??
Old Dec 24, 2010, 08:13 AM   #10
filstrup
Radeon HD 6870

filstrup is still being judged by the masses

That new seasonal event with the Focus is crazy hard to gold. I got silver but 14s behind the RS in front which means I need to get 3s faster per lap,... holy cow. I can imagine improving 1 or 1.5 s but that's it. I got gold in the old ones (the one with the GT-R at SS05 only silver but just 2s off, today it will fall) and in the Mini at Cape Ring but this one is just nuts.

I think these seasonal event races are a great add to the game, really demanding and you get a fair amount of money and exp for them. And you get to drive cars that don't seem too interesting like the Fiat or the Focus. The tight entry requirements are also a great idea (they even should ban some upgrades from some of the races).

Last edited by filstrup : Dec 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
filstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:06 AM   #11
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEODARK View Post
Car exchange? Do you mean the trailer (delivery truck) where you get the cars items after winning cars?

Quote:
heard a rumor that the dlc is only good for gt5 discs from japan ... can anyone confirm? can these be downloaded with just a japanese acct and US disc?

Typically Japanese DLC does not work on US-region games, and I suspect that's especially true with such an important exclusive title to the PS3. The Japanese version has several important differences, including a bunch of the music (they got us there, for sure).

I don't think it will work.

But that won't stop me from trying either! Only one way to find out for sure...
http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/gr...mas-japan.html
Quote:
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:54 AM   #12
filstrup
Radeon HD 6870

I have the collector's ed and the Lambo and the BMW are nothing too special, neat that's it, but that sweet XJ13 would be something, hell, if only for the 20M or something like that it costs in game...
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:10 PM   #13
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird singsRistogod knows why the caged bird sings

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...rprice-tag.ars

Seems like a lot of money for a wheel set that doesn't even include any shift mechanism.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:16 PM   #14
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post

Seems like a lot of money for a wheel set that doesn't even include any shift mechanism.
yea , it doesn't come with the shifter, which have to buy agian lol. no thanks to such an expansive add on, and does it only work in gt5.

Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:31 PM   #15
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English Channel

If I want to OWN GT5, do I also come in here...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:55 PM   #16
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

after a break, I started to play this game and it is addictive.
I can't stop playing the special event for Nurburgring after reaching Level 6.
I keep getting Silver, it is very difficult to get Gold. my skills are developing but still Gold feels out of reach for me.
I played that special event for at least 3 hours. and I liked the handling for Mercedes 300 SL coupe '54

by the way, the Volkswagen Bus special event at TopGear was annoying as hell. I kept getting disqualified until I figured out I was not suppose to crash into other Buses or get on the grass.

now I am at level 8 and if I can stop playing the Nurburgring special event, I am going to try other special events.
Quote:

Last edited by nomore : Dec 24, 2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:59 PM   #17
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by filstrup View Post
I have the collector's ed and the Lambo and the BMW are nothing too special, neat that's it, but that sweet XJ13 would be something, hell, if only for the 20M or something like that it costs in game...
I want that Jaguar as well.
is there any word on a DLC for us to buy all the premium cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post

I paid like 50 bucks for my GT Force wheel and it works great with GT5. even though I don't use the stick shift that much, it came handy at Nurburgring.

that wheel looks like a money scam to me.
There's also no stick shift yet—that will likely come later and presumably cost more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
If I want to OWN GT5, do I also come in here...
when you own GT5, then yes. until then, GTFO
Quote:

Last edited by nomore : Dec 25, 2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 02:37 AM   #18
NEODARK
Rage3D Veteran

So, when are we racing together? My PSNID: Neodark-

add me.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 02:48 AM   #19
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEODARK View Post

yup that delivery truck. i got the collector's edition and when i redeemed my code for the 5 extra cars, they had showed up there. i guess the ones you're trying to get might be region locked or something.

i also got a code from facebook to get the jag but i keep forgetting to redeem it
Old Dec 25, 2010, 02:51 AM   #20
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post

by the way, the Volkswagen Bus special event at TopGear was annoying as hell. I kept getting disqualified until I figured out I was not suppose to crash into other Buses or get on the grass.
like i posted in the other thread that went to ****... the vw bus race on the top gear track was kaz trolling everyone who bought his game
Old Dec 25, 2010, 04:57 AM   #21
filstrup
Radeon HD 6870

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
If you liked the VW bus event, you're going to love the one with the Elise...
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:20 PM   #22
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I won the GT World Championship against all those LM Race Cars in a Buick.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 09:09 PM   #23
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
the elise one is easier since it has 2 laps lol
i am lvl 20, from now on i will usually only play online mode, which i always do in all sim racing game
https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5/user/wc326/

Last edited by wc326 : Dec 25, 2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 05:18 AM   #24
Brutos
Radeon HD 6950

Brutos is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
I won the GT World Championship against all those LM Race Cars in a Buick.
Yeah i assume that's the Buick special 62, very quick car.

Quote:
i am lvl 20, from now on i will usually only play online mode, which i always do in all sim racing game
https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5/user/wc326/

You should also try the new seasonal race events. They are easily the best single player races in the game with lots of xp, cash and they are great fun. A couple of the races give you a million credits per race win.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 07:08 AM   #25
Greasy
Rage3D Spammer

Greasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

At first I hated Spec B, but now that my driver actually wins some races it's kinda fun to just set him on his way, and get some stuff done while he runs.

I just hit lvl 11 in spec A. Soon the C6 Z06 will be mine!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 04:53 PM   #26
Sharkfood
Rage3D Veteran

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

Got my A-Spec to level 25, just a sliver from 26... and B-Spec is level 15.

I found doing the A-Spec first was easier for me since then I had a garage of souped-up cars to hand-off to my B-Spec drivers, aside from some odd tire purchases here and there (what is UP with "racing" events that require "comfort" tires lol).

I think B-Spec is also the best for 3D. In this way, you can enjoy the scenery and 3D effects the most as you're basically just sight-seeing while your drivers do the hard work.

I've tried a bunch of online racing but unless I'm hosting, all the a$$hats around here use it like some sort of racing-background chat interface. They never start the race and just tool around for an hour gabbing with each other over the microphone.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 07:57 PM   #27
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

I still keep getting Silver at Nurburgring, and this has turned into an obsession. When I am awake or asleep, I keep seeing the turns at Nurburgring.
I seriously need to move on and do other races.
Quote:
Old Dec 26, 2010, 09:47 PM   #28
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutos View Post
Yeah i assume that's the Buick special 62, very quick car.

You should also try the new seasonal race events. They are easily the best single player races in the game with lots of xp, cash and they are great fun. A couple of the races give you a million credits per race win.
how come when i look at the time trial seasonal event for time attack , and in the rank section everyone is using the exact same car?? rx 8???

why is that? i thought you can use any car in that mode which has hp below 225 hp??

Old Dec 26, 2010, 09:52 PM   #29
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
I've tried a bunch of online racing but unless I'm hosting, all the a$$hats around here use it like some sort of racing-background chat interface. They never start the race and just tool around for an hour gabbing with each other over the microphone.
that **** never happens in Hongkong and Taiwan region. we sometimes have japanese korean player in our server as well. online races start within minutes. and we usually do 350hp and 400hp. races goes up to 16 players, and alot of fun"

Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:38 PM   #30
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
like i posted in the other thread that went to ****... the vw bus race on the top gear track was kaz trolling everyone who bought his game
Quote:
Quote:
after playing the one with elise for 3 hours, I finally came 5th. YEY... take that Kaz.

elise is more difficult than the stupid bus.....because the handling for elise is horrible and I am always all over the place.
Quote: