PDA

View Full Version : FEAR god mode doesn't work?

Ryan3dFan
May 10, 2006, 02:24 AM
I feel like a dumbass noob asking about a god mode cheat but for some reason when I enable this, it doesn't work. All you do is bring up the talk command by hitting t, type in god amd it says god mode ON. Yet I die. Has the definition of god mode become relative over the years, cause, I thought not dying was a key component of what makes it 'god mode'.

Anyone know what could be going on here?

And thanks in advance for not blatantly flaming me :)

Blasphemer
May 10, 2006, 02:15 PM
Well after reading this i tried it out :bleh: and it seems a bit flaky at best. It seems not to know whether it has already been activated or not. It looks like you'll have to type it in again if it seems not to be working. Of course even gods get blown to bits if they stand too close to a grenade. Being a god aint all its cracked up to be. :D

CyanBlues
May 10, 2006, 02:38 PM
i believe you have to activate it each time after a new area loads?

deadite_9
May 10, 2006, 07:36 PM
no, you don't have to keep re-enabling it, though it does seem like it's not sticking at first. try saving right after you enable it (make sure it's working, though), and then reload. or maybe even quit the game, and restart. it will stay enabled until you turn it back off once it works. i've played all the way through with it on (:nag:), so it will stay enabled... except for the grenade thing, like blasphemer said.

Ryan3dFan
May 10, 2006, 09:40 PM
Interesting. I'll mess around with it some more. It's hard to get used to this after playing the likes of Half Life 2 and such, where so many little details are controllable via console commands giving you freedom to just screw around.

So when god mode IS working, will it not show a decrease in health on the HUD when you get shot? Some games in god mode show decreasing health only to still leave you alive when you hit zero, this is why I couldn't tell god mode wasn't working until I was actually dead because I wasn't sure if FEAR operated this way or not.

deadite_9
May 10, 2006, 11:21 PM
it stays at 100+ (i forget the number where your health maxes out with the boosters-- it's been a few months since i've played).

Qba73
May 11, 2006, 12:41 PM
yeah it was flaky for me too, @ the start of the level you would reactivate it and would even say god mode on, when in fact you were actually turning it off. i believe you only have to turn it on once.

sittal
May 11, 2006, 03:04 PM
just use the heal command
t + ctrl-v = teh full healthzors