PDA

View Full Version : kotor: where are the swoop bike upgrades shop?

jjyiz28
Dec 11, 2003, 03:47 AM
managed best of 22.91, need to get 22.51, thats impossible.

Kuja
Dec 11, 2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by jjyiz28
managed best of 22.91, need to get 22.51, thats impossible.

On what planet? I got 21.54 on some water planet with the bike they gave me.

jjyiz28
Dec 11, 2003, 08:02 AM
acutally my best now is 22.85. can't go lower than that im possible. water planet?? manaan. im there right now. arn't there are upgrade shops for bikes?? the droid seller on tatooine says that he sells droid and bike parts, but when i checked his gear, its all droid stuff

Jay20016
Dec 11, 2003, 08:21 AM
I noticed that myself, and have been wondering if it was just me who was having a problem with finding the "Shop".

From looking around the internet, I don't think that there are any upgrades as nothing I've seen has even mentioned them....

ic0n612
Dec 11, 2003, 09:01 AM
i played the tatooine races like 20 times until i finally beat them. the last one, which required like 22.51 to beat... took me like 15 tries... but i finally beat it with 21 seconds

jjyiz28
Dec 11, 2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ic0n612
i played the tatooine races like 20 times until i finally beat them. the last one, which required like 22.51 to beat... took me like 15 tries... but i finally beat it with 21 seconds

21??? wtf>>?? dayamn.. so whats teh secret??? do you have to hit all the markers??? also, does it matter if you hold the "up" key while racing???

cheetahl
Dec 11, 2003, 12:25 PM
There are no swoop bike upgrades a far as I know. I played through this game twice on XBOX and never saw any upgrades. But you can win every race without upgrades any way. You can miss a couple gates, but if you hit one, you're screwed.

T7nowhere
Dec 12, 2003, 08:24 PM
There are no upgrade shops.best way to win is to shift geers before it goes red,hit as many boost pads as you can and keep your bike on a smooth straight path.

ic0n612
Dec 13, 2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by jjyiz28
21??? wtf>>?? dayamn.. so whats teh secret??? do you have to hit all the markers??? also, does it matter if you hold the "up" key while racing??? took me like 20 tries... i just hit most of the boosters, didnt use the up key at all

avengere
Dec 13, 2003, 02:17 AM
Here is some advice. As i was playing through KOTOR during the swoop races i noticed that when you win a race the next one you have to do is normally alot harder.

So i went back and did a bad time on my first run(just enough to win) and my next times were alot more acheivable. So my advice is save your fast time for your last race, Do just enough to win on the first one and the rest will be easier.

T7nowhere
Dec 13, 2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by avengere
Here is some advice. As i was playing through KOTOR during the swoop races i noticed that when you win a race the next one you have to do is normally alot harder.

So i went back and did a bad time on my first run(just enough to win) and my next times were alot more acheivable. So my advice is save your fast time for your last race, Do just enough to win on the first one and the rest will be easier.

That only works on taris.the tracks on tatooine and Manaan have set times that are always the same.unless you help out a guy in swoop registration on Manaan then you will have to beat his time which is 22.47

SH64
Dec 13, 2003, 05:30 PM
Yeah, that's supposed to be in the game. But as a guy from other forum told me that not that long ago , Bioware pulled that feature out at the last second. It's funny that a bunch of NPC's make reference to upgrading your swoop bike though.

bOb32
Dec 13, 2003, 06:02 PM
You need to move back and forth between the left and right sides of the track(s) and try to get as many pads as you can.